Car Paint

pirate2778

Sep 21, 2004
Hi all....i just painted with car's hood last month.Recently my car was bombarded with small tiny pebbles from the road and the paint peeled off.It created small ugly black spots on the hood.Why happen like this?Anything can be done?Please advise. :(

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Must be those Tar stains, if your driving under rainy day .. is better to take the pipe hose and spray water onto the bumper, front lip or anywhere you like. :D

pirate2778

Sep 21, 2004
I have used tar remover but it's not tar.It's actually the bonnet undercoat which is black.My car was involved in an acc b4.So replaced the bonnet.I feel that the painter did a bad job of sealing the paint.Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
What color is your car? I assume white right? Emmm....I had similar experience before, such thing is normally caused by those big gigantic trucks in front of your car which will splatter loads of tiny stones that will chip your paint.

Only one solution, try to get those color wax stick which looked like a crayon to patch up the chips.

By the way, paint job quality is also an issue.

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
a good repair wax is TURTLEWAX - it has a range of colors available and it also has the 'crayon / lipstick' filler thingy which can help 2patch up chip marks or deep scratches etc... works extremely well for me anyways... cheers

oldJunk

Oct 3, 2004
Originally posted by crystal_method@Sep 30 2004, 18:16
a good repair wax is TURTLEWAX - it has a range of colors available and it also has the 'crayon / lipstick' filler thingy which can help 2patch up chip marks or deep scratches etc... works extremely well for me anyways... cheers
how much is it? have any pic of the TURTLEWAX?

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
all the wax dosn't help!!!!
just go to repaint ur hood again!!!
my car also like that one!!!
that's the painting sifu really not expert enough
not oven ur hood enough
or used low quality paint
or .......

for ur information
after 2 times repaint!!!
i leave it like that
my hood now more then 100 small black spot

goddfadda

Known Member
Dec 14, 2003
black spots ah... ayyoo... don't bother about them la... it's normal... if your concentrating on things like that means it'll never finish man... don't worry about it... after 2 years... just spray again mate...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just happend to detail a couple of rides, yet to find time to write up
2nd day of the lunar new yr -
detail a 2 yrs old silver city 4.5g

managed to capture a glimpse of rare silover colouyr car 50/50 under sun light....usually too glaring for our naked eyes...many shop would walk away from it...cos swirls cant be seen on silver

to this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience