Spray Painting Car for < 1.8k?

thunderkiss_65

Feb 4, 2011

I am planning to paint my old junk for daily use, and I am looking for a spray painting shop ( if wih oven, would be a bonus .. lol ) that could do a change in color for less than RM1.8k ( outside only ) in KL / PJ area.:biggrin:

Do you have any recommendation? Please share, thanks !

Unless its rusting, don't bother to paint lah. Since its daily driving and its junk.
Paint already also bound to get scratches.

thunderkiss_65

Feb 4, 2011
Paint already also bound to get scratches.[/QUOTE]

That is like saying .. 'when you have a wound, don't bother slapping on a plaster .. you're bound to get another wound somewhere ' :rofl:

lol .. anyway, share if you know any shops. Just wanna make it look more presentable on the road :biggrin:

There are lots of shops out there who'll do you for RM800 or so. But don't expect the paint to be good. Small stones will easily chip it off on your hood, it'll start to fade or become patchy after 6 months, polishing or waxing will make it dull and faded (bad/poor clear coat) etc.

If you want presentable probably easier to consider wraps. But I don't think wraps are any cheaper than painting.

Or maybe can try Aikka plastic dip. They got a spray paint shop using rubberized paint similar to plasti dip. Maybe they might meet your budget?

thunderkiss_65

Feb 4, 2011
Izso - kinda agree you get what you pay for, but there are some who do a proper job and not charging ridiculous price. Unfortunately, they are a bit too far from where I am and I was just hoping I could find one in KL / PJ area.

Anyway, thanks man !

Bro Danzeterna - who is Fadzik? Can share details? lol

Fadzik is a ZTH member here. He has car spray-painting business and give good advice & good services to car owners..

yeehau86

Feb 10, 2007

I am planning to paint my old junk for daily use, and I am looking for a spray painting shop ( if wih oven, would be a bonus .. lol ) that could do a change in color for less than RM1.8k ( outside only ) in KL / PJ area.:biggrin:

Do you have any recommendation? Please share, thanks !
If you are thinking for change in color, it is advisable that you paint the engine bay as well. This is to avoid trouble when you are asked to pop up your hood during road block and having to explain to the officers about the two tone difference.

thunderkiss_65

Feb 4, 2011
Mine would not require much work cuz my original paint still looks new & intact. It is a 2003 Suzuki but I just hate the color now.

Will speak to Fadzik, thanks guys !

RM800 job too cheap unless is solid paint. 2K paint with clear coat at least RM1.5k for exterior only....

That is like saying .. 'when you have a wound, don't bother slapping on a plaster .. you're bound to get another wound somewhere ' :rofl:
Scratch has no damage to the paint or car, its just cosmetically ugly.

A wound is the scratch is so deep its rusting.

What I'm saying is, if you're so fat and ugly, don't bother putting make up lah. It won't help. Doing cosmetic surgery also won't help cause you'll still be fat.

Waiora_ProTuner

Nov 29, 2006
Scratch has no damage to the paint or car, its just cosmetically ugly.

A wound is the scratch is so deep its rusting.

What I'm saying is, if you're so fat and ugly, don't bother putting make up lah. It won't help. Doing cosmetic surgery also won't help cause you'll still be fat.
so harsh la you..he ask which shop, not to paint or not...

btw, i dont even bother to paint old car...just let it be unless its rusting...
some people bring old car to life by changing paint, seat and rims...
its still old...i prefer to revive the mechanical parts...

beautiful!!

i want to change my savvy engine. any sifu here pls advise which engine suitable for savvy