car got paint spilit on...

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
hey guys today some indon workers droped a whole barrel of paint on my car... idiots... they were trying to wash my car when i saw them.. now got 2 problems.. 98% of the paint came off, how to get rid of the other 2%.. next prob is i dunno what they used to wash and now my bonet got lots of thin scratches.. will polish and wax help? where to do and how much.. pls reply asap tomorrow i wanna go claim money from the @ssh0le.. he avoided me the whole day hope to catch him tomorrow..

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
Just claim the whole amount for a respray of all the panels that they wash. Tell them polishing cannot remove the scratches already :)

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
if i were you, i'll claim the amount for respray. imagine what they use to wash ur car?!!!

jovi69

Known Member
Jan 14, 2006
KL
98 % of the paint came off... for sure you have to respray the car dude...

I think they use thinner to wash it.. hehe

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
98 % of the paint came off... for sure you have to respray the car dude...

I think they use thinner to wash it.. hehe
i think the ts (tread starter) mean the spilled paint. not his car paint.
btw, what type of paint spilled on ur car?
i think must be wall paint (not oil base paint) coz can come off.

sebastian2hot

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
To judge polish can remove scratch or not you will need to see how deep is the scratch. And it will make ur paint tinner.

But i think is better to clain respray cost. or maybe more than that coz it might also damage ur trim, windows, or even wipper.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
ya i ment the spilled paint... the paint is water based thank god... i cannot lodge report cause this thing happen inside my uni apartment parking lot.. tomorrow i hope to see the guy the jack@ss did not even pic up the phone when i call... i plan to claim bout rm350.. dunno if he will give. tomorro morning the apartment office guy ask me to see him, he will call the paint tauke to see me... the scratch on the bonet not so visible if look directly but in an angle can see alot..

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
err any idea if i spray my bonet black how much it will cost? my car is orange but fery unlikely can get same colour if i spray bonet orange too

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
bro, the cost to paint a bonnet is from 150-200. depending on ur bonnet condition. If you manage to get 200 bucks claim from those indon...u r quite save , shud b enuff.

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
if ur orange colour is "mix/custom" type, i think very hard to get same colour.
orange body with black bonnet i think ok what.. hehe

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
yea its mix colour.. so i think better get it black.. the idiot indon boss did not show up today.. getting really angry.. said coming today 11am but never came..argh... ny idea what should i do? the thing is cant make police report cause its inside uni...

sebastian2hot

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
ya i ment the spilled paint... the paint is water based thank god... i cannot lodge report cause this thing happen inside my uni apartment parking lot.. tomorrow i hope to see the guy the jack@ss did not even pic up the phone when i call... i plan to claim bout rm350.. dunno if he will give. tomorro morning the apartment office guy ask me to see him, he will call the paint tauke to see me... the scratch on the bonet not so visible if look directly but in an angle can see alot..
The scratch looks like is visible under sun light or light source.. most likely can be polished out. Maybe a minnor scratch on clear coat and haven't hurt the base paint. Go paint shop and told them to help u polish out. It should not be very expensive.

Don't go to normal mamak car wash which use hand to do all polish and wax. It will need machine and correct technique to polish. You can go detailing shop (most of them are very expensive) or you can find any paint shop to use machine to polish (they should have).

Last edited:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
yea its mix colour.. so i think better get it black.. the idiot indon boss did not show up today.. getting really angry.. said coming today 11am but never came..argh... ny idea what should i do? the thing is cant make police report cause its inside uni...

why not..??

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
case uni dont allow involvement of police.. to some ppl those scratches are minor.. those idiots dont really care... only ppl like us who spend money on our car really sakit to see those marks... monday im gonna try to get him to come and pay for the damage, if not im gonna tell those fellas im gonna make report to cops, dont give a shit what they think.... ny idea how much i should claim from him to polish my car n wax? rm 350 enough ar?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all the sifu out there....I need some suggestion, I have 2 engines on my mind now...either 4G91 DOHC or 1.6 V6 for my saga...

I need some comments and advice on which engine is better in performance and which engine is more reliable....

Can all the sifu give me some comments cause I really dont know which 1 is better...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience