Braking System

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

addeysham

Helo,

I'm using perdana V6TT(auto). My problem is when breaking at 100kmh or more, there is a big vibration on the front tyre as well as the steering wheel. That effect the controll of the car. I expect that my sport rim and tyre damaged, but i just change my tyre with light weight 16" sport rim few days ago; the problem still happend.

It's is because of engine mounting/drive shaft failure? Or my disc brake rotor not function effeceintly? So please help and advice.

ya ya..lately i noticed my car also have the same problem..issit beecause of the rotor?

if not wrong when u press brake only vibrate,it should be the disc warped...solution is skimming...that solved my problem...

ya me too... the disc not even already...

i should think it's more serious than that.

if the disc brake has been warped you'd have a screetching sound ... i could be wrong none the less ...

best advise, check with mech to further clarify

is disc warpage already, just send to skimming... should settle.

since u mentioned ur using V6TT, most likely ur running the twinpot brakes. well, each and every single twinpot brakes user (mild or rough drivers) that i know experience the same vibration problem under braking.

skimming the discs will only solve the problem temporarily, replacing disc will delay the vibration.

so there are 2 solutions, the cheap way or the expensive way:

cheap solution: just live with it, just like most twinpot users finally did. the braking power overweighs the vibration problem. just ignore it.

expensive solution: find another brake system like nissan 4 pot or other aftermarket brakes...

so ur temporary solution is to skim the rotors. hope the vibration wont come back anytime soon. once u get fed up skimming the rotors every 3 months, u will eventually get over it and just live with it.

u can also opt for aftermarket rotors,
cheapeast would be EBC , followed by DBA - 700-800
performance meant would be dixcel by AP Racing and Project Miu - 1k

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom