Myvi Braking System Discuss

jackie8118

Known Member
Jun 9, 2011
Tawau , Sabah
Hi, i'm currently using Myvi SE1 with abs system. Recently i thinking to change my rear drum brake to disc brake.. will it effect my ABS system? very confused on this.. some people say that ABS will not able in drum brake.. so if myvi with abs system only for front disc brake ?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i donnow with myvi abs if on 4wheel...

but if front only then surely can convert rear....

and if they activated on 4wheel oso don't worry much....what u need is the rear disc conversion that have abs signal trigger/sensor (or interchangable sensor) that shud be almost plg n play...

:adore:

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
can to convert from drum to disc brake if u can forget about abs system...just cut abs wire at rear...as ur second hand disc brake which no come with abs system connect how to plug in rite?anyway,i think nnothing happen if u cut d wire abs at rear,brake system still work when u apply brake just ur dash board abs light keep on as tellin u out that abs system got problem coz u yet connect plug in...convert or not all up to you...wan look nice with all wheel disc brake or keep standard look...

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
if not mistaken...myvi is only front haf abs...
if im wrong pls other sifu correct me...me nubie...:nurse:

rather than change rear to disc...
get the front change 1st...from toyota, honda or even wira...then if found stopping power still not gud..then only change the rear to disc...
coz rear disc conversion need to do carefully...coz heard a few awful stories where the handbrake is not function when parking...scary wor...especially parking at slope...

jackie8118

Known Member
Jun 9, 2011
Tawau , Sabah
i donnow with myvi abs if on 4wheel...

but if front only then surely can convert rear....

and if they activated on 4wheel oso don't worry much....what u need is the rear disc conversion that have abs signal trigger/sensor (or interchangable sensor) that shud be almost plg n play...

:adore:
means, if there will be abs system at rear, so i need to find a rear disc brake with have abs system originally then i can just plug and play ?

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

can to convert from drum to disc brake if u can forget about abs system...just cut abs wire at rear...as ur second hand disc brake which no come with abs system connect how to plug in rite?anyway,i think nnothing happen if u cut d wire abs at rear,brake system still work when u apply brake just ur dash board abs light keep on as tellin u out that abs system got problem coz u yet connect plug in...convert or not all up to you...wan look nice with all wheel disc brake or keep standard look...
cut the wire ? won't sot the abs system ?

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

if not mistaken...myvi is only front haf abs...
if im wrong pls other sifu correct me...me nubie...:nurse:

rather than change rear to disc...
get the front change 1st...from toyota, honda or even wira...then if found stopping power still not gud..then only change the rear to disc...
coz rear disc conversion need to do carefully...coz heard a few awful stories where the handbrake is not function when parking...scary wor...especially parking at slope...
o.. then if i change front set then also wan find front disc brake which have abs switch those?:itsme:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
front braking power is more important than rear...
believe me the myvi stock brakes...sucks...!!

dun worry...the honda and toyota almost all comes wif abs...
theres been alot of people modify their myvi front brakes...

if u scared...can always opt for replacement bigger disc and better pads...its actually cost u almost the same with brake conversion for front.

so its really up to u...

ops forgot to mention...most toyota and honda brakes need the clearance of 15inch wheels...

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Let me ask you this : What do you want from your brakes?

- Better braking when going touge?
- You're upgrading to a turbo engine and need bigger brakes?
- You just gatal and want to install bigger brakes?

There are plenty of ways of getting better brakes without having to resort to swapping to a different manufacturer caliper. And if converted properly, ABS will not be affected

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Agree with Izso. What is the main purpose of changing to
rear brake disc? Cosmetic purpose? Or looking for better
braking system or u r modding ur myvi to gain more
power so need better brakes?

If stock myvi, just change to a better brake disc and brake pads
for the front will do. I think is good enough by then. :smile:

jackie8118

Known Member
Jun 9, 2011
Tawau , Sabah
Let me ask you this : What do you want from your brakes?

- Better braking when going touge?
- You're upgrading to a turbo engine and need bigger brakes?
- You just gatal and want to install bigger brakes?

There are plenty of ways of getting better brakes without having to resort to swapping to a different manufacturer caliper. And if converted properly, ABS will not be affected
yes, im going to upgrade to yrv soon, so before that i must having a good braking system first.
then i converted to rear disc will not affected ABS... is because rear brake did not have ABS system ?

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Agree with Izso. What is the main purpose of changing to
rear brake disc? Cosmetic purpose? Or looking for better
braking system or u r modding ur myvi to gain more
power so need better brakes?

If stock myvi, just change to a better brake disc and brake pads
for the front will do. I think is good enough by then. :smile:
beside modding gain power, i feel that original braking system are not enough me to stop my myvi with 17" rim..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hmm...YRV. Really need better brakes. Got a fren use MR2 Twin-Port Brakes in his myvi before. Seems to be good :)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Need some mods...cuz the caliper taking lots of space while turning according to my friend

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
its better to change the front disk 1st to a better 1, but u nid to carefully look for a suitable replacement and a experienced mechanic to do the job. For mine, i hv changed it to TOYOTA MR2 twin pot, some used Honda Ek n Oddysey becos is easier to source and cheaper. I can say all these are not plug n play, nid modification on the rotor itself, make sure your rim is 15 inch n above to make room for the bigger caliper, after the front modification, rear disc is optional since u got good set of brake on the front

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For myvi, there is no such thing as PNP. Everything needs a custom bracket. You need to consider a few things when changing :

1. Budget. A custom bracket, refurbishing the brakes, brake pads and probably bigger rims will be needed for the size of the rotor and caliper clearance. Especially the rear.

2. Cost of future brake pads. 2-pot / 4-pot brake pads are not cheap. I don't know about MR2 but Toyota AE111 brake pads and Honda brake pads are more expensive than Wiras.

3. A suitable installer. You do not want to fark around with a shoddy install. These are brakes we're dealing with, get it right the first time so better to find a used, but already custom-made brake+caliper set, or get a good installer that has done this before. I believe in some Myvi forums there is one fella selling ready made custom bracket + Honda brakes.

Since you're upgrading to YRV, consider suspension upgrades too.

Again - if it's done properly ABS will not be affected.

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
hahaha...today i saw the vios with 18 inch sport rim damn nice looking but original front disc brake/rear drummm.... too small to fit up d 18 inch lo...did the driver got think can stop or not at time...i got a friend vios with 18 inch also...just using few month then change back 15 inch reason cant stop...hehehe...

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

if u really upgrade brake system...no just a disc brake only...other part also important like brake lining to steel hose,brake oil from 3 to 4,high performance brake pad,bigger caliper or twin pot...complete lah bro

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question..

Well, I need some help choosing muffler tip.
I'm a vios driver with auto tranny.
What kind of muffler should I choose?

Cause I went to a shop and they have this M7 muffler and Racecraft muffler which both is good but yet pricy !

And I saw somewhere in the internet they promote their exhaust shop too..
But the price is half more cheaper.. And I asked them what's the brand and they answer me they don't tag brands for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience