Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Good day to all ZTHians,

I almost had an accident a few days ago with my KE70.. but thankfully there're no cars around me.. :biggrin:

and i believe KE70 doesn't have any ABS system, right? if there is, i would love to install it :wink:

---------

anyhow, actually i wanna ask about my AE101 Levin.. my levin is originally an auto n without ABS..

after putting some performance parts.. i think it's wise to upgrade the stopping power as well..

I would like to put ABS on my levin.. does any1 know/done installation of the ABS for AE101 Levin?

Tq

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
IF AE101 has an ABS model, then I believe it is possible. Because people have managed to install Myvi ABS from Toyota Passo into Myvi's that did not have ABS.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Not sure about ae101.. But ae111 hv ABS..

What part should i buy n install?

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Basically at the bottom parts, u need the stuff llike in picture:

1. Round circle - sensor
2. Arrow - Sensor fan thing:confused:

Other i not sure.

U sure u wan upgrade? Going to be expensive.:driver:
some myvi user claim their abs got defect so accident happen.
He claim that the fan thing attach to the hub not balance, so he can't break properly even drive at low speed.:confused:

Attachments

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Basically at the bottom parts, u need the stuff llike in picture:

1. Round circle - sensor
2. Arrow - Sensor fan thing:confused:

Other i not sure.

U sure u wan upgrade? Going to be expensive.:driver:
some myvi user claim their abs got defect so accident happen.
He claim that the fan thing attach to the hub not balance, so he can't break properly even drive at low speed.:confused:
Wow.. Seriously?

I used to own a BT engine in my ex ae92.. But I've never seen that sensor n fan b4

N my BT hv ABS

I think different model different system

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Wow.. Seriously?

I used to own a BT engine in my ex ae92.. But I've never seen that sensor n fan b4

N my BT hv ABS

I think different model different system
i also not sure.
Thats what the guy wrote.

I jus attach the pic to share some info some part of ABS that i know.:listen:

Actually the "fan" name is not actually a fan.
Hope u dont get it wrong because i also dont know what it is called.:biggrin:

I think the fan thing is to let the sensor to pick up the signal as 101010101 in digital.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
hi dzul long time no see aa...

try to find complete parts...from brake hardware,sensors and CPU box thingy...the problem is most chop shop cut the sensor at the disk brake assembly...and cpu box thingy goes together with the half cut...abs wont work if you missing either one...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Hi bera, how r u lately? Ur car ok ke?

That's what I'm afraid of... Need d whole halfcut to get ABS..

Coz i can't find any1 selling complete set of ABS

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
i'm fine...just busy with kids...car just like it use to be...with its natural patina...

parts sure can find...maybe need to order first in advance...

your main thing is this...similar to this...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...4787-ae111-toyota-corolla-abs-brake-pump.html

brake line maybe need rework...originally this thing is located near driver side head lamp...and then come the sensors...i never seen one first hand...so i dont know what they looked like or how they are attached together...

Attachments

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
the servo also a bit different from mine..

coz i juz saw a fren's ABS servo with extra hose/wire coming out of it :hmmmm:

haha.. i think it's safer to buy a halfcut & take all it's braking system than to buy parts 1 by 1 :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Good day to all ZTHians,

I almost had an accident a few days ago with my KE70.. but thankfully there're no cars around me.. :biggrin:

and i believe KE70 doesn't have any ABS system, right? if there is, i would love to install it :wink:

---------

anyhow, actually i wanna ask about my AE101 Levin.. my levin is originally an auto n without ABS..

after putting some performance parts.. i think it's wise to upgrade the stopping power as well..

I would like to put ABS on my levin.. does any1 know/done installation of the ABS for AE101 Levin?

Tq
Your accident was in the wet or dry? If in the wet, drive slower loh! If in the dry, to me without ABS is better, more responsive.....:driver:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
also heard some people say...abs takes the feel out of braking...what ever that means :confused:

for the hassle of getting the abs to work...better spend on better pads,tires or upgrade caliper/rotor...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Your accident was in the wet or dry? If in the wet, drive slower loh! If in the dry, to me without ABS is better, more responsive.....:driver:
Actually it's wet that time.. At an empty road.. Entering a corner to drift but hit an invisible pool of water.. Loose control sliding 4 a few metres n stop in d middle of d road.. If got abs, can do correction n drift with style.. Haha..

For my Levin is just for safety purposes :biggrin:

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
d7zul, bera has pointed out the most important thing about ABS self installation. Half cut shops destroy the whole setup before you get to buy it. If you're really serious on getting one better you find out which one will fit your wheel hub first, then buy everything new. Otherwise go master the secret art of ABS.. Aku Brake Sendiri. Ie- threshold braking

:biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
ABS saved my life once.. N i want it to save my life again n again n again :biggrin:

Looks like i need to get a halfcut to install it..

I think I'll get myself a BZR halfcut.. N take its ABS n superstrut

The rest I'll sell :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

threshold braking can also be done with ABS..

So, i hv a few choices in case of emergency :wink:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

Is remove thermostat for injection engine is a good idea to gain better working temperature?
can share the Pro and Con ?:hmmmm:
Pls advise.. Thanks. :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience