Big Brake Kits for Suzuki Swift

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yeah... basically that... but do try n find the swift feller with the prelude brakes and see how his installation was done.

another option is to find 2 piece rotors like THIS...so that can mix n match the rotor n tophat.

but they will cost more... n kinda makes it not worth it.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
unfortunately the civic brakes doesn't seem to work on my case.. looking for accord brakes.. seems ok.. hehe..

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Sorry for waiting so long to update, anyway i've ditch the nissan R32 4pot mod but go ahead with the toyota celsior or rather UCF21 4pot brakes.. overall i can say the brakes are fantastic.. it's progressive brakes not aggressive.. so heel to toe method still manageable.. i'll post up pictures for all bros here.. the down side of it is.. i'm feeling the start drag as the rotor size and thickness.. haha.. who cares when bot comes in.. lol.. now looking for rear disc brake conversion also to toyota AE100 brakes.. at first thought using toyota altezza 2pot to match the front, but after discussing with my mechanic, will have some problem for me as the rear will be a bit jutting out..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
so how much did the mod cost u? and can fit into 15"? wat size rotor?

EDIT: oh yeah... why u didnt wan the R32? the calipers are aluminum.. about 3.5kg each....pretty light :D

Last edited:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
so how much did the mod cost u? and can fit into 15"? wat size rotor?

EDIT: oh yeah... why u didnt wan the R32? the calipers are aluminum.. about 3.5kg each....pretty light :D
Oh the toyota 4pot can't fit 15" minimum is 16" and the balancing metal thing can't stick inside also.. lol... the toyota calipers are also aluminium.. R32 calipers is ok but need to mod many as the original caliper mounting leg is hitting with my original swift caliper mounting.. i can't mod the R32 caliper's leg because it is very thin already.. if mod will break.. so take toyota's caliper, the mounting leg is thicker.. so can mod there.. and my mounting bracket for the caliper also we use almost 12mm thick metal to machine out the bracket.. so it's very stock solid.. bout the disc.. due to R32 rotor is deeper for the top hat, the inner rotor will hit the ball joint.. so need to pack out about 20mm.. to me it's too much protrude.. by using the toyota rotor only need to pack out 10mm and it clear the ball joint by leaving 5mm gap.. and i also change my rim to suit this disc brake as i duwan to use spacer at all.. so take months to complete this project since i posted..
Bought work emotion CR kai.. with offset +40 & high disk to clear..

Before fitting rim

Close up pic

The disc brake with 16" rim pics

Now only left rear needs to be done.. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

This is the R32 brakes i even tried out with bigger rotor (GTO rotor fits nicely) with lower top hat

My previous Rays ITC rim with the previous R32.. too bad can't clear even offset +38 because of the dish design and low disk..

Need to use until 20mm spacers on previous choice.. so drop it change rim + brakes:banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
no picture oso?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Still can't view?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
can view dy... thanks

btw... wats the colour of the calipers?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
metallic yellow.. :biggrin:
metallic yellow eh? spray or powder coat?

if all goes well (aka budget tak lari) im gonna go with my 4pot project end of this month.. wondering wat colour to put... currently very keen on powdercoating kawasaki green though... heh

blue and red out of the list... overdone

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Convert from 5 lugs to 4 lugs.....hmmmm......
Haha.. to retain the rim at first thought.. and the original 4 x 100 knuckle is too small to drill 5 x 114.3.. pecah luar.. drill 5 x 100 only can find mostly subaru/toyota wish rims.. so end up change back to 4 x 100.. :rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

metallic yellow eh? spray or powder coat?

if all goes well (aka budget tak lari) im gonna go with my 4pot project end of this month.. wondering wat colour to put... currently very keen on powdercoating kawasaki green though... heh

blue and red out of the list... overdone
Mine is spray.. haha.. actually wanna powder coat but can't wait so temporary spray first.. wait my next BOT project comes, i'll send together with rear disc caliper to powder coat metallic yellow again.. to spray you need to do the primer coating.. use those high temp spray as base.. such as those grey/black use for BBQ grill spraying as base, then only spray the colour you want on top..
Just remember the lighter colour you want to choose, the lighter base you have to use.. yellow = grey base.. blue = black base.. bro why not try orange?? my previous picanto brake caliper was on flourecent orange with white base.. hehe.. but the white is not high temp paint la.. haha... :driver::driver::driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mine is spray.. haha.. actually wanna powder coat but can't wait so temporary spray first.. wait my next BOT project comes, i'll send together with rear disc caliper to powder coat metallic yellow again.. to spray you need to do the primer coating.. use those high temp spray as base.. such as those grey/black use for BBQ grill spraying as base, then only spray the colour you want on top..
Just remember the lighter colour you want to choose, the lighter base you have to use.. yellow = grey base.. blue = black base.. bro why not try orange?? my previous picanto brake caliper was on flourecent orange with white base.. hehe.. but the white is not high temp paint la.. haha... :driver::driver::driver:
Even the base paint is high temp, won't the top paint (non high temp) gets cook?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all.

I've sort of successfully transplanted a 4-pot Nissan caliper taken off a R32 Skyline into my Sylphy. The only problems I have now :

1. I can't find a decently priced service kit. Anyone have? RM300+ for rubber seals is unreasonable.

2. The brake oil bolt that locks the brake hose to the caliper for the Sylphy is too long. I had to use spacers and washers to lock it out and prevent leakage. After asking 2-3 spare parts shops they aren't sure if they'll be able to source a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience