Big Brake Kits for Suzuki Swift

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Even the base paint is high temp, won't the top paint (non high temp) gets cook?
It will not last forever but it'll still last longer than those directly applied on..

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Can get high temp color paint also, right? But then you mentioned you want to powder coat.....:driver:
High temp spray on colour that mostly available in hardware shops are grey and black only.. other colours like red,blue,gold,silver,yellow only available in Autobacs singapore but also limited stock with very high price tag. I've went there but can't find the colour that i wanted.. so temporary use this way first lo.. powder coat yes but when doing BOT and will send together with the rear caliper when i do the rear disc brake conversion as well. That time no time to wait so long, gf wanna use car so do like this lo.. :rofl:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
bro why not try orange?? my previous picanto brake caliper was on flourecent orange with white base.. hehe.. but the white is not high temp paint la.. haha... :driver::driver::driver:
actually i was thinking of orange... but a friend told me the colour orange itself doesnt hold up to heat very well... coz his friend sent rims to spray orange.. the spray shop told him the colour orange will fade with heat... but he still did it.. after 1 round of ulu yam, faded.

so abit skeptical la.. hence i wan kawasaki green... but still undecided though...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
actually i was thinking of orange... but a friend told me the colour orange itself doesnt hold up to heat very well... coz his friend sent rims to spray orange.. the spray shop told him the colour orange will fade with heat... but he still did it.. after 1 round of ulu yam, faded.

so abit skeptical la.. hence i wan kawasaki green... but still undecided though...
Was the Orange rim sprayed with high temp paint? There are original orange color rims, but those are okay. If rims cannot stand then calipers will be worse?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
dunno wat kinda paint used... but its one of the "more known" spray shops in sunway...forgot which one.

yeah.. i assume calipers are hotter than rims...

vyruzj

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Bro l2s_turbo,

Which R32 brake you are trying to upgrade initially? R32 GTS (280x30mm 4-pot) or R32 GTR (296x32mm 4-pot)? I am driving Swift Sport manual and i am thinking to upgrade as well but i am not sure what need to be considered before upgrading. So your thread here is very helpful to me :)

I am using 16x7" CE-28 rims +42 rims and i dun plan to change to bigger rims. Do you think i can clear R32 GTR brake and rotor? Original r32 GTR rim size is 16x8 +30 & my original rotor size is 276x20mm. Or shud i go for r33 GTST brakes (296x30mm 4-pot)

BTW when u put on the GTO rotor on the R32 caliper, what is the rotor size and how high it the top hat from the rotor?

Most importantly, how much to prepare for the brake upgrades?:biggrin:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Bro l2s_turbo,

Which R32 brake you are trying to upgrade initially? R32 GTS (280x30mm 4-pot) or R32 GTR (296x32mm 4-pot)? I am driving Swift Sport manual and i am thinking to upgrade as well but i am not sure what need to be considered before upgrading. So your thread here is very helpful to me :)

I am using 16x7" CE-28 rims +42 rims and i dun plan to change to bigger rims. Do you think i can clear R32 GTR brake and rotor? Original r32 GTR rim size is 16x8 +30 & my original rotor size is 276x20mm. Or shud i go for r33 GTST brakes (296x30mm 4-pot)

BTW when u put on the GTO rotor on the R32 caliper, what is the rotor size and how high it the top hat from the rotor?

Most importantly, how much to prepare for the brake upgrades?:biggrin:
First of all is the rotor top hat that is too deep from the mounting to the knuckle that cause me to change the whole set up to toyota/lexus 4pot instead. Because i need to shim around 20mm spacer from the knuckle to the rotor in order not to hit the bottom ball joint, as you know our ball joint is protruding a bit.. if you us GTO rotor, the top hat will be lower so i guess the spacer will not shim too much.. i used the lexus rotor also need to shim but only 10mm and have a 6mm clearance between the rotor and the ball joint.. so far tested 175km/h no vibrations or whatsover... good!! and the rim i chose was offset +42 but with high disk mounting.. to clear the calipers.. i'm still using 16 x 7jj.. i've spent months finding the correct rim before putting this disc brakes.. taking the caliper and rotor to each and every rim shop.. take the rim.. test ONE by ONE! until the shop ppl fed up, gave up.. haha...
So back to the question, you can use GTO/FTO 290mm rotor to match the R32 calipers.. but again is very much depends on your current rim whether can clear or not.. my previous rim cannot clear lexus rotor + caliper.. because lexus rotor is 305mm if i'm not wrong.. or 300mm.. but can clear R32 caliper + GTO rotor the 290mm is the max i can go for previous rim.. budget? haha.. less the rim, i spent RM1.3k but i can tell you one thing, the feel is damn good for this lexus setup and super less brake dust.. so i'm guessing the brake pad should last very long time.. :biggrin: as you know this set of brakes supposed to be originally for 4.3 liter car.. so what's a 1.5 liter puny car to it?? That day it came useful when i did an emergency brake without much effort but the car behind me hit the brakes so hard and he skidded behind me.. luckily i let go my brakes and let my car slide forward a bit to avoid being hit by him.. Forgot to mention also this brakes setup is those progressive brakes style(close to stock feel when depress) not those aggressive style where you do a small tap it'll brake aggressively like VTTR i heard...
But again, if you dun like modify and choose plug and play.. there are many sets in singapore here you can buy 2nd hand.. price ranges from SGD 650~SGD 2k depends on brand..i have frens letting go his AP Racing plug and play for swift @ SGD 2.3k.. :biggrin:

Last edited:

vyruzj

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Wow bro l2s_turbo, Toyota celsior/LS400 rotor size is 315mm x28mm stock :eek: can fit in ur 16x7 TE37 rims? Think i'll go with R32/R33 calipers with GTO rotors :biggrin: So where did ur fixed ur brakes? how long does the installation needed as well coz i oso need to plan else no car to use :slug:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Wow bro l2s_turbo, Toyota celsior/LS400 rotor size is 315mm x28mm stock :eek: can fit in ur 16x7 TE37 rims? Think i'll go with R32/R33 calipers with GTO rotors :biggrin: So where did ur fixed ur brakes? how long does the installation needed as well coz i oso need to plan else no car to use :slug:
I dunno but can fix.. haha.. you see the picture as proof.. only thing is the weight balancing on the inner part of the rim need to remove.. that's how near is the clearance between my rim and the caliper.. another correction is i'm on work emotion CR-Kai :)
I fix at my fren's shop in jb.. :biggrin: left there almost a week to let him settle every thing..

SuperVelocity

5,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
very noob question to ask, since your ride stock brake is running on ABS right? you changed to 4 pot toyota brake kit, will you still have the abs function? because if ABS function can still retain then im defininately changing brakes too...

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
very noob question to ask, since your ride stock brake is running on ABS right? you changed to 4 pot toyota brake kit, will you still have the abs function? because if ABS function can still retain then im defininately changing brakes too...
Yes the abs still kicks in if you brake too hard.. so the brakes only lock up less than a second and then it jutters.. :driver:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Done my rear disc conversion.. Will upload the pics later.. Stay tuned :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For those of you who read my car get broken into two thursdays ago... smashed window but nothing was stolen...

READ IT ALL HERE !!

Guess what? The damn thief came back for more... this time in BROAD DAYLIGHT! My car was parked in Centre Point between 12-5pm... I parked outdoor (not basement), and was facing the school (7-eleven there), purposely pick there to park coz' got traffic lights, so its quite a busy area...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience