Best engine to replace my 4A-FE in a AE111?

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
4afe

bros,
search hi and low regards to 4AFE. it's twincam with single campulley moving 2 cam gears inside the head, hence the cams are closer compared 4AGE. this is for economy.

modding 4AFE will cost a lot compared to engine conversion. even thru TOC-US, UK or Australia, not info in modding 4AFE. recomended change are:-
- extractor (hard to find in M'sia, need to order either from US or Aus)
- air filter with CAI
- better plugs and cable + MSD 6AL (for better combustion)

i'm interested in changing the extractor and campulley to adjustable, but for extractor alone will cost around RM1K-RM1.5K...like Paceheader brand. still searching for 4AFE adj cam - difficult i think.

i've done a lot except for the extractor and campulley. the money spend nearly half the cost of doing conversion. my last dyno shows my AE111 w 4AFE around 115-118WHP, around 10% increase compared to stock spec.

conclusion: you will not be getting much HP increase in modding 4AFE, still better to convert. i can't just because not having any other transport.

good luck and enjoy playing with Toyota.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ultraracing has been around for as long as I remember and they are also one of the most successful aftermarket accessory brands out there having expanded to USA and China with their range of chassis stiffening bars. <b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience