Best engine to replace my 4A-FE in a AE111?

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
both 4A-xE are 1.6 models, it's the F and G that makes the difference, if i'm not mistaken, the F is also a twin cam, but somehow, the design of the head makes the second camshaft been driven by the first camshaft, some similarities of single cam if not mistaken. Not sure how to explain though :confused:

confidence_V

Nov 5, 2004
fai said:
4AFE is 1600cc. Same displacement w/ 4AGE. The different is the head design different.
both is also 1600cc... can i put the 4A-GE head on the 4A-FE block? even i change the wiring and ECU also. course my FE tak boleh go JPJ. :D

kct

Dec 11, 2004
confidence_V said:
both is also 1600cc... can i put the 4A-GE head on the 4A-FE block? even i change the wiring and ECU also. course my FE tak boleh go JPJ. :D
Cannot. Don't think it'll the 4A-GE head will fit onto the 4A-FE block. Another interesting note is surprisingly 4A-GE head can fit onto a 7A-FE head, which is a 1.8 engine, and there is claims that 4A-GE head also fits onto the 5A-FE (1.5L) and the lower capacity DOHC engine(s)...though the 7A-FE part is true.

EDIT: The 7A-FE part may not be true...read this and be enlightened.

confidence_V

Nov 5, 2004
kct said:
Cannot. Don't think it'll the 4A-GE head will fit onto the 4A-FE block. Another interesting note is surprisingly 4A-GE head can fit onto a 7A-FE head, which is a 1.8 engine, and there is claims that 4A-GE head also fits onto the 5A-FE (1.5L) and the lower capacity DOHC engine(s)...though the 7A-FE part is true.

EDIT: The 7A-FE part may not be true...read this and be enlightened.
emm... then any idea to improve power for the 4A-FE? :confused: Bolt on Turbo?add on super charger or........? :eek:

fai

May 24, 2004

meg_omen

Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
4afe

bros,
search hi and low regards to 4AFE. it's twincam with single campulley moving 2 cam gears inside the head, hence the cams are closer compared 4AGE. this is for economy.

modding 4AFE will cost a lot compared to engine conversion. even thru TOC-US, UK or Australia, not info in modding 4AFE. recomended change are:-
- extractor (hard to find in M'sia, need to order either from US or Aus)
- air filter with CAI
- better plugs and cable + MSD 6AL (for better combustion)

i'm interested in changing the extractor and campulley to adjustable, but for extractor alone will cost around RM1K-RM1.5K...like Paceheader brand. still searching for 4AFE adj cam - difficult i think.

i've done a lot except for the extractor and campulley. the money spend nearly half the cost of doing conversion. my last dyno shows my AE111 w 4AFE around 115-118WHP, around 10% increase compared to stock spec.

conclusion: you will not be getting much HP increase in modding 4AFE, still better to convert. i can't just because not having any other transport.

good luck and enjoy playing with Toyota.

Hi i am new here...i am driving a lancer06 model....i wan to upgrade my car...the 1st thing i wanna upgrade is the suspension...any of the experts here have ever try on upgrading its suspension...any try using the D2racing sports coilover...is it good...tq