Best engine to replace my 4A-FE in a AE111?

Shinda

Jun 29, 2005
New Zealand
Hi

i'm wondering what the best engine drop would be to do in my AE111 - easiest probibly the best, was thinking maybe of a 3S-GTE or something

Possibly just turbo charge my FE?

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
The Blacktop 4A-GE would be the best drop in. If i'm not mistaken, the 3S-GTE is not a direct fit.

Or, u can get a 4A-GZE and turbo-charge it(removing the supercharger)

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
you'll get more answer if you post in Toyota Section. there are sifoos that rarely post outside toyota section.

anyway. 3sgte would be abit too big and heavy and will ruin the balance of the car. its not really a good choice unless you are after drag racing. AE111 is an FF layout car, thus having a heavy front end might make your car understeer all the time when you turn into the corner.

turbocharge your 4afe is another choice of course, there's people who is doing it. go for NA or Turbo is up to you. If you want turbo, most people in the toyota section probably suggest you get a 4agze and turbocharged it (sell the SC). OR, get a 6 speed blacktop halfcut from jdm ae111 and swap everything over.

i'm not very sure, but i heard that putting 3sgte inside AE chasis not only upset the balance, but also abit too tight. you basically can't do anything to it once the engine is in cuz there's just not enough space. imagine something gone wrong with the engine and you have to take the engine out to fix it.

just my 2 cent. cheers.

Shinda

Jun 29, 2005
New Zealand
after a turbo engine drop in i should mention.

kinda wanna go pppitsiiii

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
then 4agze would be a nice choice for you. the block is strong and the stock internal is good all the way up to 300hp. you don't really need more than that cuz FF chasis like the corolla can't really use all those power anyway.

for lower boost go for the late generation gze cuz the comp ratio is higher at 8.9:1. good for normal driving cuz it still have some power when you are off the boost. for high boost then get the older piston at 8:1 comp ratio.

Shinda

Jun 29, 2005
New Zealand
thanks man i reposted in the toyota part

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Yeah... the 4A-GZE would be a good idea if u are going for the turbo route, sell off the supercharger wouldn't be a hard thing to do. If not mistaken, earlier and later GZE's difference is in the engine management as well?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
GRexer said:
Yeah... the 4A-GZE would be a good idea if u are going for the turbo route, sell off the supercharger wouldn't be a hard thing to do. If not mistaken, earlier and later GZE's difference is in the engine management as well?
yes, the earlier model runs on AFM, while the later 2 models run on MAP. regarding the later model, some say that the unit on the late model AE92 supercharge is better than the one in AE101. so far i can't prove anything, just what i heard.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Black-top twincam 20valve.....automatic...with 5 speed....or manual wit 6 speeds.....

if wan powerful....4A-Gze lo...supercharger engine.....but i suggest blacktop...smoother...my 2 cent

Shinda

Jun 29, 2005
New Zealand
huakenny said:
Black-top twincam 20valve.....automatic...with 5 speed....or manual wit 6 speeds.....

if wan powerful....4A-Gze lo...supercharger engine.....but i suggest blacktop...smoother...my 2 cent
So huakenny u recommend the black top with turbo on it?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Shinda said:
So huakenny u recommend the black top with turbo on it?
if wan powerful.....put in supercharger engine n change to big pulley to gain more power.....the easiest way to increase power for supercharger.......

u add turbo only if u feels supercharger cant satisfy u...but i think supercharger itself if u mods it oledi fast enuf......my 2 cents

Shinda

Jun 29, 2005
New Zealand
Can someone tell me the difference between a 4A-FE and a 4A-GE other than a black top 20v engine

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as seen from the title above, i suffer from low oil pressure....low rev is ok i think, since idle stay at 1 bar plus, crusing stay at 2 -3 bar.....how ever, the oil pressure stay same when i full throttle and rev, when high rev till vtec and boost kick in, pressure dropped to 2 bar only:banghead: new oil pump needed? where can get it? and got aftermarket pump that is more efficient and powerful? will that cause problems if i drive it normally(not rev past 4k rpm and no boosting)? please...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience