B8 Trouble....pls Help !!

tonytony

Known Member
hi all ! i'm new here in this forum, although i've been visiting for some time now :rolleyes:
i drive a 1990 ford tx3 converted to B8 180 sometime back...have been having trouble with my iding...it idles at about 500rpm when my lights are on at night and drops below when i step on the brakes...dam rattling everywhere :angry: !
was wondering if any sifus out there can help me out...
was told by my mechanic that it's the sensors on the throttle bod... any ideas pls ????????

vestax...i tot the trot bod comes all in 1 and kenot replace indi sensors ????

im not sure about b8 but then for sure it has , either isc or ficd and for sure it can be replaced .

example of vr4 / mirage throttle & isc bolted on togather .

iscthrottle.jpg

iscthrottle2.jpg

tonytony,
b4 the problem arises, what was your idling like?
have u tried adjusting the idling skru?
and yes, if still can't, most probably it's the iscv like vestax said.
it's located directly under the tb, the black thing, there's a 1" hose going into it from the black pipe.

good luck bro

Originally posted by tonytony@Apr 11 2004, 09:51 PM
hi all ! i'm new here in this forum, although i've been visiting for some time now :rolleyes:
i drive a 1990 ford tx3 converted to B8 180 sometime back...have been having trouble with my iding...it idles at about 500rpm when my lights are on at night and drops below when i step on the brakes...dam rattling everywhere :angry: !
was wondering if any sifus out there can help me out...
was told by my mechanic that it's the sensors on the throttle bod... any ideas pls ????????
hi,

welcome to join B8 family.. anyway where is your location? you can always join us in awan besar every saturday nite 11pm. they have many sifu over tat for the B8 turbo.

i think this is not a big problem. try adjust Air in for the throttle.. is somewhere located in intake manifold...

hi all, thanx for the advise, i'm located in PJ...ok, so does anyone knw where i can get some sensors ??
treid adjusting the screw, it idles at 900 for a week then it drops by itself...the 1st time i adjusted it (the screw) so high that it jst blew out !!!
btw, where is awan besar ????

i also have the same problem after i convert my engine, my mechanis just services some thing at the throtle body, maybe the ics, after that the problem is solved and ok till today, try ask ur mecahnis to services it first before replace it with the new one.

slow, which mechanic do you goto ?? mine says the dam thing cannot be serviced ! apparently the sensors cannot be wet...
is this true ?

Awan besar is the Rest & Service Area at Kesas Highway just after Bkt Jalil toll towards Puchong/Subang/Shah Alam/Klang.
come & join us every Saturday night there.
you also can join TKK,Laserman & few others at SS15 on Friday night.

welcome to da club

hi all...thanx, got my Trod Bod serviced.....but my problem still persist....getting really fed up here...another mechanis has said that my intercooler needs some washing cause it's clogged up by engine oil...believable ????

Originally posted by tonytony@Apr 19 2004, 09:25 PM
hi all...thanx, got my Trod Bod serviced.....but my problem still persist....getting really fed up here...another mechanis has said that my intercooler needs some washing cause it's clogged up by engine oil...believable ????
hi mate,

i dun think the you need to washing your intercooler. is totally different problem man.

Tony,
ur problem sounds like vacumm leak..check ur vacuum hose condition and connection...or probably come and join yamcha .. and we help u to solve ur problem.. sometime is hard to visualise when we dont really physically seen it.

Originally posted by tonytony@Apr 20 2004, 11:12 PM
laserman, tkk...are you guys workshop owners ??
hi mate,

we are not open any workshop... we like you driving a B8 turbo... we are twin sampan

Tony,

We are not workshop owners, we just owners of nice BPT only..hehhehe dont worry we dont sell our service here ...just want to share our experinece.

tony,
go and meet tkk & laserman laa....they always yamcha at ss15 subang every friday...got a few more sampans there also...got 2 white 210,blue marcus sampan(marcus punya sampan biru ka?)blue bg powerful...haiyooo...few others lah...

afterthat, let tkk & laserman bring u to awan besar on saturday night pulak...then u'll know how happening is mazda & ford!!!

:D :D :D :D

heheehhe....ok ok la, haiyo.....it's finally been diagnosed....it's the throttle body la !!!!! dammit, somemore dam expensive !!! RM 480 for 2nd hand !!!
i think have to eat bread for some time liau....

Originally posted by tonytony@Apr 23 2004, 12:30 AM
heheehhe....ok ok la, haiyo.....it's finally been diagnosed....it's the throttle body la !!!!! dammit, somemore dam expensive !!! RM 480 for 2nd hand !!!
i think have to eat bread for some time liau....
aiyoo....

i have the 210 intake manifold n throttle body for sale lar.. only RM300...

hope your car is ok now...