B4110 Project

As mentioned earlier, I have fabricated a 4 pot brake from a Toyota that has a 310mm rotors. I wanted to fit it in however, I am having some problems with the master pump. My brakes are soft and there is a lot of brake travel on idle. Seems like a mater pump problem.
On the subject of warranty claims, shocks are really really bad. Like my Master Pump, its a bit noisy when its cold. Try driving the Inspira down Genting with lots of speed bumps at night and I am sure you will find the sound.
Proton Service centre is at my door steps.
Plenty of buddies there.
However, seem to think that Proton's R&D in certain areas lacking.
I aslo hear that later batches of Inspira may use Siemens.
God and Mitsubishi, please Dont Allow Proton to do that!

Now the car stops better than it goes! I have decided "Bolt on Turbo"

Attachments

• 281883_10150272912591298_548411297_7899321_5890386_n.jpg
    281883_10150272912591298_548411297_7899321_5890386_n.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 222
nice bro, wat brakes are those?

so where u gettin ur BOT? a

Bro DM3, I will be going up to JB next week for work. Wanna to meet up: I want to see the original Evo X Turbo kit being sold in JB.

ooh, u mean the evo x parts posted at Mudah right?
tht guy's shop is in singapore u knw?
how long u'll be around?

Brakes are recondition Toyota 4 Pots - 304MM. I will be only down for 1 day.

oh it fits eh?
so u think the evo x can be BOT on to our car?

I have seen many videos on You Tube. The exhaust manifold is a direct fit. And the rest is easy. But you would need a tuner to sort out the tuning.

yea manifold can, crankshafts can, cam not sure but the turbo can fit?

Slowly but surely

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

But for cost reasons, I will probably buy a 2nd hand Bolt on Kit.

If you drive an Inspira, change your brakes. Last time, with the original 1 Pot and small rotor, car feels very nervous, especially with 18" rims. Now, just slam it stops at what ever speed. Yes the shocks are soft but I think braking in the Inspira's case should be your first mod. above anything else.

actually u did claim the brakes rite?
i did have sound when goin down slope. urs same case or how to knw?

But then as a result of the increase in unsprung weight caused by 18" and 4 Pot, car feels it has lost 15HP! So have to buy the Bolt on Turbo kit as the car feels dead.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

I claimed the brakes, you want I can give you my brand new rotors, callipers and pads.

DM3, if you got budget, I manage to negotiate with JB/Singapore guy for RM5K everything except camshaft and valve springs for Evo X Turbo kit. Actually its a damn good buy. You bring your car to KL, I will get it tune for you, maybe you just pay for the dyno time. Why dont you add me in your facebook [email protected]
I have been researching almost every night on Bolt on turbo's. The closest I have seen on You Tube is this bloke in Greece just fitted a BOT on his 1.8 Lancer. Now that is the best fit I have seen,
Check out my home page.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

This locally made Malaysian Banana, ie manifold, sure leak after a few years, where else Evo X original manifold and piping will last a life time.

in US they play with RRM minor BOT for cvt.ya usually in euro countries sells the 1.8MT
u sure the evo X turbo ngam ours? i knw tht guy sellin say can lar.
well i think i will slowly mod others 1st..too extreme for me now :P

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

eh how come u claim can get back the old parts/pads etc?

Hi All,

Bro James, i've been following this thread for quite a while, seeing which mods you put in your Inspira. Just gotten my 1.8MT a week ago and am super interested in what you're currently modding...

Possibly next time can educate this noob (me) on our Inspira.

Cheers!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom