alarm sensor

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
as we know , most alarm come with 1 socket for us to add a shock sensor or microwave sensor to add the security....but, is it possible to add more than 1 sensor if only 1 socket provided?

i think 1 sensor is not enuff..as it only can detect the movement when someone trigger 2 infra red line....but if the person lie down or lower their body when enter the car, the sensor wont do anything....

so any alarm sifu can help?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
howiechoo said:
as we know , most alarm come with 1 socket for us to add a shock sensor or microwave sensor to add the security....but, is it possible to add more than 1 sensor if only 1 socket provided?

i think 1 sensor is not enuff..as it only can detect the movement when someone trigger 2 infra red line....but if the person lie down or lower their body when enter the car, the sensor wont do anything....

so any alarm sifu can help?
Yes, u can. There are usually 3 wires (sometimes even 4 wires) for the sensor, which are:-

1. Positive (usually red)
2. Negative (ground) (usually black)
3. Trigger (sometimes blue or green)
4. Warn away (might have for some sensors and alarms)

To add a second sensor, u have to check whether the new sensor is 3 wires or 4 wires. Then just tap the wires accordingly and u would be running 2 sensors parallelly.

Besides the motion sensor (microwave sensor), u can add also shock sensor (impact sensor) or even glass break sensor (audio sensor to detect glass break sound).

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
so that's mean i just add those sensor and connect it parellely according to +, - and trigger?

wat is the warn away?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
yup... u can...

warn away is an additional output to the alarm just for the alarm to chirp (beep beep) and give warning but not trigger into full trigger. Some sensors and alarms have this.

yyap2

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
hei man.. where i can get those sensor... if i use 2004 new wira stock alarm can add de sensor???? i added a brake lock system...

yyap2

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
i think my brake lock system geh device got de sensor plug in... but where do i get de sensor cheap outside.. i dun wan go accesories shop

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
brake lock system...? can explain further wat it is? I those not ngam la, those devices are diff from car alarm....

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
ermm... u mean that is the central lock device? How come it has a plug in for sensors...? As i know, better alarm systems has got this feature like u mentioned that locks the door locks when u step on the brake or let go the handbrake, so in the end, it is the alarm that controls the auto lock function. But wat do u mean by brake lock system geh device...?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

They’re at it again, in the beggining we had a Rolls Royce knock off, then we had a Mercedes knock off, followed by Cadillac, Smart Fiat Panda and Toyota Rav-4 knock offs, god knows what the Chinese are going to be cloning next. But for now, here’s how they’re pissing off European car makers, especially Mini Cooper, with their latest creation; the Lifan 3-Series. They don’t even leave names alone. 3-Series is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience