After Duta Toll's big curve road.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hey there,
anyone tried at what speed u guys are able to take on that big curve after the north south expressway duta toll?the road on the left and the one on the right is the new DUKE highway.
I tried 90km/h before and felt that my car was going to oveturn.haha.i went that fast because a lancer(not sure lancer or evo cos it was around 6something am)going damn fast and i let him pass.tried to catch up with him on the big curve but unable to as he was fast.maybe 100 or 110km/h.after that corner i exited and WOT to about 140km/h and he was still pulling away.damn!.
*on another note does a lancer GT come with HID?just checking cos that guy was unbelievably fast if it's an NA.:hmmmm:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
our road is uneven......careful guys...

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Yup thats a dangerous road and it still baffles me that lancer or evo could take the corners like it's on rails.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
its wide and its not very curvy but with the uneven surface, better not risk it....and also from jln kuching towards duke highway....same case......curvy and uneven....wander why gov cant make the road an even one.....

twodee

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
jalan kebun
im dealing with that curve almost every day....quite dangerous guys...dun try to be a hero....even im using tein hr also got scared...n 1 more thing, duke highway had too many uneven surface...be extra carefull guys.....cheers...

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
The harder ur suspension set up the more dangerous it is on uneven roads.once hit and uneven surface there is no contact with the ground.DUKE highway i travel it once from duta to jln kuching when it was free.yeah bumpy.was going above legal speed limit and yeah it took me less than 5mins but i wa off my seat at some point.hehe.

SATRIA5163

Apr 29, 2009
carefull with those corners. saw 2-3 car overturn into the drain. once, saw an army jeep in the drain..:stupid:

i can see it clearly coz im in menara matrade

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Haha that is a crazy turn.you won't know how severe it is until you take that turn.

Hikaru33

May 4, 2009
This curve is really very poorly thought out as when you are about slightly over half way through the corner, the curve will tighten even more. At this point a lot of drivers, I believe, will lift of their throttle but make a sharp turn on the steering, inducing what i also believe is "lift-off oversteer" (since most car are FF). Hence, a lot of people would spin either into the ditch or to the railings. The frequency occurs more often when there is rain on the road.

Trust me, do not be a hero and take this curve because I have seen too many accidents at this stretch especially when the road first opened and ppl were unfamiliar with the curve. There was one night (raining and dark) when there was atleast 3 to 4 spin at the same point. Really, really not advisable.

Jutan Supplier

Known Member
Aug 27, 2007
www.facebook.com
when nego a tight turn.. better to accelerate abit while turn the steering...else will loose grip...

tat turn.... normally is 90km/h...max is 110km/h

my ride? wira sedan+Gab sport spring n suspension+falken azenis st115 tyres
road condition? daytime & dry

egiewan

500 RPM
Jul 31, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha...thats my favorite corner! Max attack speed for me is only around 80-90kph. Dunwan to risk it...if my rear end give way, scared cannot counter in time haha.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Malaysian motor sports scene has always suffered from a want of team sponsors, especially at the grass roots level. Even with the success of the Grass Racing Autosports (GRA) annual auto-cross series founded by Ian Khong since 2005, a majority of the competitors remain privateers at the end of the 2011 season, and not by their own choosing.

It is simply because of the lack of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience