advise on Brake oil change..

tigershark1976

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
i bleed my brakes once every 3 months so my brake feel is very consistent.....always firm.

anyways, thanks for sharing ur other method tigershark. but 3 hours? hehehee...too long ler. the most important part with the 2 person method is, the person pumping the brakes cannot let go the brake paddle before the 2nd person tightens the screw.

yap... 3 solid hours for my vios, i dunno Y but it seems that the 2 front brake took almost 2 hour where the rear brakes only took 1 hour to do it... anyway.. most likely becos I;m a bit kiasu and change quite a lot of brake oil cos i wanna bleed out all the old DOT 3 oil and change it with my ATE DOT4 oil. Total used up the whole 1 litter of my brakeoil in the process...

2 man operations is confirm faster, should not be more than 1 hour... but as i mentioned, unless u have 2 person to do it, and both person should be experience enof to do it, if there is any air trapped within the braking system... u need to redo everything again...

tigershark1976

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
I have try to do it before. At the first month, the brake is working very good. But now i found that my brake oil is mixed with rust. I really didnt have any idea,where is the rust coming from. Is there any advise?

Please help me.
that means something is corroded in your braking system, anyway, you didnt bleed/change the brake for a long period? refer to your owner manual on the brake oil change... the more common pratice will be once a year.... more frequent change will not do any harm except on your wallet...

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
just go spare part shop....get a Lucas Dot5.1 brake fluid which cost u RM18 per 500ml. 3-4 months bleed once....won't do any harm to wallet ler.

tigershark1976

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
just go spare part shop....get a Lucas Dot5.1 brake fluid which cost u RM18 per 500ml. 3-4 months bleed once....won't do any harm to wallet ler.
Lucas Dot 5.1 so cheap?? I got my Lucas Dot 4 alrd S$8 in Singapore!! :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm: knn... next time go back Mal and buy...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guy's,
how many of you here willing to spent for oversize with sleeves kit? Also to risk it? I happen to have extra engine kosong lying around and having a thought to "build" it. Im looking to oversize it from 79mm to 82mm with darton sleeves kit.

but i've reading that sleeves wasnt easy to install. It required very skillfull mech to do it. Else risk sleeves moves or so on. This question me is it wise to do so? Im going sleeves as i want total reliability. Not to mention gasket

thn...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience