advise on Brake oil change..

tigershark1976

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
i bleed my brakes once every 3 months so my brake feel is very consistent.....always firm.

anyways, thanks for sharing ur other method tigershark. but 3 hours? hehehee...too long ler. the most important part with the 2 person method is, the person pumping the brakes cannot let go the brake paddle before the 2nd person tightens the screw.

yap... 3 solid hours for my vios, i dunno Y but it seems that the 2 front brake took almost 2 hour where the rear brakes only took 1 hour to do it... anyway.. most likely becos I;m a bit kiasu and change quite a lot of brake oil cos i wanna bleed out all the old DOT 3 oil and change it with my ATE DOT4 oil. Total used up the whole 1 litter of my brakeoil in the process...

2 man operations is confirm faster, should not be more than 1 hour... but as i mentioned, unless u have 2 person to do it, and both person should be experience enof to do it, if there is any air trapped within the braking system... u need to redo everything again...

tigershark1976

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
I have try to do it before. At the first month, the brake is working very good. But now i found that my brake oil is mixed with rust. I really didnt have any idea,where is the rust coming from. Is there any advise?

Please help me.
that means something is corroded in your braking system, anyway, you didnt bleed/change the brake for a long period? refer to your owner manual on the brake oil change... the more common pratice will be once a year.... more frequent change will not do any harm except on your wallet...

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
just go spare part shop....get a Lucas Dot5.1 brake fluid which cost u RM18 per 500ml. 3-4 months bleed once....won't do any harm to wallet ler.

tigershark1976

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
just go spare part shop....get a Lucas Dot5.1 brake fluid which cost u RM18 per 500ml. 3-4 months bleed once....won't do any harm to wallet ler.
Lucas Dot 5.1 so cheap?? I got my Lucas Dot 4 alrd S$8 in Singapore!! :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm: knn... next time go back Mal and buy...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok mine is a wira 1.5 manual dec 2004 model . Currently im using stock absorbers & apm sports springs in the front & KW sports spring at the back.....im going to change all 4 absorbers soon & i want to know what brand should i go for. My budget is around 1-1.5k , i dont want to do trial & error kind of stuffs with the suspension system so thats why im seeking advise from those who may be satisfied with their ride......so pls advise me...

shd i go for short stroke absorbers as im using...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience