Advice on buying a adjustable

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Wah.. Greber is very rare! Where'd you find these absorbers? And at RM1200 it's obviously not very cheap. But I'm guessing it's way more comfortable than a hi/lo for the same price?

In case you didn't know, Tanabe Sustec is not the same as the brand Sustec. So don't get confused between the two. One's the original, the other is made in Gombak.
Very rare meh? I was introed to this brand by a friend here in Sabah. Went to their distributor. Not cheap for a new brand of local made abs. But my friend has good testimonies on it so I decided to give it a try. Suppose to be more comfy than those hi-lo kits but still stiffer than stock which is what I'm looking for. But If I know HWL hi-lo can get 1.2k, Sure I go for it! FFFFFFFFF

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Very rare meh? I was introed to this brand by a friend here in Sabah. Went to their distributor. Not cheap for a new brand of local made abs. But my friend has good testimonies on it so I decided to give it a try. Suppose to be more comfy than those hi-lo kits but still stiffer than stock which is what I'm looking for. But If I know HWL hi-lo can get 1.2k, Sure I go for it! FFFFFFFFF
Erm.. 1.2k is KL price. Sabah price most likely higher la taikor.

Greber is verrrrry rare here and I've only ever seen one car here in KL with this abs with stock Wira SE combination. Not bad at all, very quick responsive abs and like you said - stiffer than stock but softer than hi/lo

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
Guys, thanks so much for the advice! I already got it last two weeks ago. Sorry for MIA. Very busy weeks. So I went for the HWL Hi/low adjustables! Overall it was quite nice, took the setup 6k front and 4k rear. Cornering on high speed was much controllable, less floating feeling. But when behind fetching 3 people with average size, speed around 120-140kmh on highway cornering. When on uneven sudden drop, tyre touches my fender sometimes. But it's okay for me, which my friend commented that it was not so bumpy. Without passenger the rear tyre to the wheel arch was around 1 1/2 fingers gap. But I want it to be less that one finger gap =_=. So what should I do?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, thanks so much for the advice! I already got it last two weeks ago. Sorry for MIA. Very busy weeks. So I went for the HWL Hi/low adjustables! Overall it was quite nice, took the setup 6k front and 4k rear. Cornering on high speed was much controllable, less floating feeling. But when behind fetching 3 people with average size, speed around 120-140kmh on highway cornering. When on uneven sudden drop, tyre touches my fender sometimes. But it's okay for me, which my friend commented that it was not so bumpy. Without passenger the rear tyre to the wheel arch was around 1 1/2 fingers gap. But I want it to be less that one finger gap =_=. So what should I do?
"I apologize for the incapability to have your highness a ride in my humble vehicle. As you may see, it is a four seater but it rides like two. I would seek your highness understanding and forgiveness. May I offer you another ride?"

Or u can custom make a sticker stating "maximum capacity at the back: xxx kg" :rofl:

This HWL you've installed...is it fully adjustable or only hi/lo?

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
"I apologize for the incapability to have your highness a ride in my humble vehicle. As you may see, it is a four seater but it rides like two. I would seek your highness understanding and forgiveness. May I offer you another ride?"

Or u can custom make a sticker stating "maximum capacity at the back: xxx kg" :rofl:

This HWL you've installed...is it fully adjustable or only hi/lo?
Lol, Its Hi/Low only. Its perfect when I'm alone :proud:

"It's a four seater but it rides like two" :shakehands:
What to do, my dad won't allow me to get my own car, so he ask me to wait for his Wira while he getting himself a new car. But, at least I don't have to pay any installment for a car :burnout:. I'm more to stance & fitment. Anyway, glad that I bought that HWL :adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
that was already quite low bro...i bet u if u on sport/std spring with aame height only 2person needed at rear to make the car bumpy and tyre scratch fender at even lower speed....well if u carry 3person at rear almost every time perhaps u can upgrade for 5k rear spring...just a simple spring swap would do fine..the best part is since already on adjustable suspension, almost all adjustable springs would fit without problem....look in mudah.my for used spring or swap them.....btw as for adjusting it to be lower,just use the adjuster tool supplied to adjust the spring collar into lower ride height or higher... :adore)

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

well if u want lower it down atleast u can save the tyre scratching fender by rolling the inner fender

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
that was already quite low bro...i bet u if u on sport/std spring with aame height only 2person needed at rear to make the car bumpy and tyre scratch fender at even lower speed....well if u carry 3person at rear almost every time perhaps u can upgrade for 5k rear spring...just a simple spring swap would do fine..the best part is since already on adjustable suspension, almost all adjustable springs would fit without problem....look in mudah.my for used spring or swap them.....btw as for adjusting it to be lower,just use the adjuster tool supplied to adjust the spring collar into lower ride height or higher... :adore)

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

well if u want lower it down atleast u can save the tyre scratching fender by rolling the inner fender
Yah, thinking to swap the rear to 5k. But I'm worried when I'm alone, my car rear will be jumping with excitement lol! I'm not always fetching people, just that recently my friends came to KL, so need to fetch them. Now I'm alone :bawling:.

Last time I was using standard springs and abs. Never scratch before, but the height like 3 fingers?? :stupid: I can't imagine how my car looks last time. :banghead:

Where to roll fender in KL? They roll or they knock? Will it effect the paint? Cause I'm thinking to roll the original body to abit wide and add spacers to my wheels. :smokin: I don't want fake fiber wide body :hmmmm:

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
Yah, thinking to swap the rear to 5k. But I'm worried when I'm alone, my car rear will be jumping with excitement lol! I'm not always fetching people, just that recently my friends came to KL, so need to fetch them. Now I'm alone :bawling:.

Last time I was using standard springs and abs. Never scratch before, but the height like 3 fingers?? :stupid: I can't imagine how my car looks last time. :banghead:

Where to roll fender in KL? They roll or they knock? Will it effect the paint? Cause I'm thinking to roll the original body to abit wide and add spacers to my wheels. :smokin: I don't want fake fiber wide body :hmmmm:
just DIY bro...i just roll by myself....but if u dont confident with yourself..u can go body or paint workshop....use 5k spring la for rear..then lowered to 1 1/2 finger or 2 ...your car will looks better and cornering better........

Roger89

Known Member
Jan 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I believe Waja2003 can provide a good price for HWl absorbers..

I myself have installed the HWL hi-lo soft-hard 6k front and 4k rear on my Wira a/b SE 1 month ago. Now already seasoned I can give my review. At first when install it is very hard. So I set to quite soft setting (7 out of 22 steps). As it gain more mileage, I feel it become softer because the car become very bouncy. So most likely the shock rate is not matching with the spring rate. Now after driving for quite a lot ady my current setting is 17/22 step front and 20/22 step rear. I think for the front I found a sweet spot ady but the rear can play around a bit more. Plus I like it hard to give more oversteer.

Current rear fender gap is 1.5 fingers as Lucas' setting but also suffer from the tyre scraping the inner wheel arch when got passengers at the back. I already roll the fender so it is not the problem. I think I am going to raise it up to 2 fingers gap for this issue and also to give more oversteer hehe.

Also I donno if u ppl agree. I think if your adjustables is too bumpy probably your spring rate is not matching with the shock absorber rate. For those non-adjustable for soft-hard setting, u got only a fixed shock rate and then need to choose a spring rate to match the shock. But not always can choose a matching spring rate coz some cars the weight is different so need to go with higher spring rate etc. So best is go for fully adjustable unless the spring u want ngam ngam match with the shock that comes with it.

But definitely harder spring and shock will give bumpy ride over uneven surface. But if it is bouncy becoz of not matching spring rate and shock then it becomes uncontrollable.

Last edited:

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
just DIY bro...i just roll by myself....but if u dont confident with yourself..u can go body or paint workshop....use 5k spring la for rear..then lowered to 1 1/2 finger or 2 ...your car will looks better and cornering better........
How to DIY? By using what? :hmmmm: Now already 1 1/2 finger at the rear, Front is 1, but I'm not satisfy on the height, need to be more lower. Haha, I think I starting to get crazy already!! :biggrin:. Maybe I think because I'm on 17" and the fender gap is not close enough than the one I imagine in my head. :stupid:. But for all that, I willing to sacrifice the speed and the comfort for the look. :evil:

I believe Waja2003 can provide a good price for HWl absorbers..

I myself have installed the HWL hi-lo soft-hard 6k front and 4k rear on my Wira a/b SE 1 month ago. Now already seasoned I can give my review. At first when install it is very hard. So I set to quite soft setting (7 out of 22 steps). As it gain more mileage, I feel it become softer because the car become very bouncy. So most likely the shock rate is not matching with the spring rate. Now after driving for quite a lot ady my current setting is 17/22 step front and 20/22 step rear. I think for the front I found a sweet spot ady but the rear can play around a bit more. Plus I like it hard to give more oversteer.

Current rear fender gap is 1.5 fingers as Lucas' setting but also suffer from the tyre scraping the inner wheel arch when got passengers at the back. I already roll the fender so it is not the problem. I think I am going to raise it up to 2 fingers gap for this issue and also to give more oversteer hehe.

Also I donno if u ppl agree. I think if your adjustables is too bumpy probably your spring rate is not matching with the shock absorber rate. For those non-adjustable for soft-hard setting, u got only a fixed shock rate and then need to choose a spring rate to match the shock. But not always can choose a matching spring rate coz some cars the weight is different so need to go with higher spring rate etc. So best is go for fully adjustable unless the spring u want ngam ngam match with the shock that comes with it.

But definitely harder spring and shock will give bumpy ride over uneven surface. But if it is bouncy becoz of not matching spring rate and shock then it becomes uncontrollable.
Mine is only Hi/Low, for the purpose to lower and more stable ride. I don't mind sacrifice some comfort and since in a tight budget. Thats why going for Hi/Low only.

Ya, at first it was really hard. Driving anywhere, can feel the uneven wave on the road, and plus on 215/40 tyre, it became more obvious. That time I felt the comfort is still okay, acceptable to me. Now its already 3 weeks, it became abit soft.. Still very comforty to me, but rear slightly abit soft. Cause the rear got a boombox and original 14'' sparetyre.

And why 2 fingers gap!! But if you always fetch people then ok la. But like me, a-lone-driver, can go how low I wanted. Want fetch people, sorry!! haha