4G93 DOHC Problems

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
hello there all sifus, i've only got time to surf back in here for and seems like alot has been going on! i enjoyed reading pages of feedback in the Satria 1.6 thread :biggrin: anyways im back with some update on the "gurgling" noise which was mentioned last time, which is NO update :itsme:

sent my car to another supposed more trusted mechanic and he told me it has nothing to do with the fuel system so it could very much be a loose nut, he said. putting that aside, here's another recent starting problem which requires me to pack an extra battery in the trunk for emergency jump start - i have a fairly new battery considered its installed earlier this year to begin with, left the car untouched for 2 days, realized battery's dead/alternator lost charge so i jump started it, WORKED, let it run for 15 minutes with AC and lights all on, then realized that there's a power loss problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FNzb1U8b7s&feature=youtu.be

turned it off, then this happened when i tried starting it again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSlY8EQqjfw&feature=youtu.be

any word? :smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hello there all sifus, i've only got time to surf back in here for and seems like alot has been going on! i enjoyed reading pages of feedback in the Satria 1.6 thread :biggrin: anyways im back with some update on the "gurgling" noise which was mentioned last time, which is NO update :itsme:

sent my car to another supposed more trusted mechanic and he told me it has nothing to do with the fuel system so it could very much be a loose nut, he said. putting that aside, here's another recent starting problem which requires me to pack an extra battery in the trunk for emergency jump start - i have a fairly new battery considered its installed earlier this year to begin with, left the car untouched for 2 days, realized battery's dead/alternator lost charge so i jump started it, WORKED, let it run for 15 minutes with AC and lights all on, then realized that there's a power loss problem:

Bro, your alternator ok condition? Stock grounding worn out? There's one grounding from battery negative to chassis and another from chassis to engine block (default). Perhaps those are worn out.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yup, first check you alternator charging rate. If alternator problem, then no charge going into the battery.
If alternator ok, then check battery, because maybe battery is dead cannot store incoming charge.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh! if all okay and battery goes dead after a few days, check for parasitic current draw also

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If your battery is not charging, then the battery light indicator should be on at your metre/instrument panel console. At least that is how i noticed that my alternator is dead few weeks ago. The light just doesn't go off even after i changed into a new battery.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If your battery is not charging, then the battery light indicator should be on at your metre/instrument panel console. At least that is how i noticed that my alternator is dead few weeks ago. The light just doesn't go off even after i changed into a new battery.
Problem is sometimes it does not light up. Of course normally it does if alternator fails.....

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
hello sifus all, i wanna ask if anyone has any idea what is the normal charging rate for 4G93's alternator?

recently fitted a new battery, FPR and stepper motor - the gurgling noise as mentioned before is gone, highly suspected that the old one was faulty causing inconsistent flow hence the noise. However now, a new noise has arose :banghead:

as shown in video, with both AC on/off.
https://youtu.be/FP1pMF32_zw

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sound like the old style dial up modem sound.......hhahahhaha

Jokes aside, sound like scrapping on something, check the bearing also.

Battery charging rate normally 13.6 to 14.4v

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
hello sifus all, i wanna ask if anyone has any idea what is the normal charging rate for 4G93's alternator?

recently fitted a new battery, FPR and stepper motor - the gurgling noise as mentioned before is gone, highly suspected that the old one was faulty causing inconsistent flow hence the noise. However now, a new noise has arose :banghead:

as shown in video, with both AC on/off.
https://youtu.be/FP1pMF32_zw
Have u checked the pulleys bearings?

Jaring dial-up. Hehehe

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya

Have u checked the pulleys bearings?

Jaring dial-up. Hehehe
:rofl: that's what i thought when the sound came up! 56K modem from the past dialing up in my car lol!

which bearing exactly should i look into? AC compressor/cam/crank pulley? :confused:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
:rofl: that's what i thought when the sound came up! 56K modem from the past dialing up in my car lol!

which bearing exactly should i look into? AC compressor/cam/crank pulley? :confused:
All. Does it gets louder when you drive or just when idling? Mine had that before. Just weird noise when idle due to the tensioner pulley bearing worn out.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The beautiful Saab Turbo X will be unveiled at the coming Frankfurt Motorshow. Featuring xWD<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b> (all-wheel-drive system) and electronic limited slip differential (eLSD)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience