4G92P jerking

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Hi sifus

I can feel the small jerking especially when cruising at low speed (40-60kmh). I have replaced cable plug and distributor, but problem persists. Can anyone suggest what should I do next? Spark plug is relatively new.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
How do I say it.. jerking, not vibrating... small jerking like the engine is lack of fuel/iginition..

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Fuel filter changed before?
I think changed 2 years ago.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

For fuel pressure, you have to ask ur mechanic to check unless you have fuel pressure regulator and for the air flow , you can take out the maf sensor clean it with maf/ carb cleaner
So, maybe I need to install the fuel regulator. From what I know, usually fuel regulator installed to those high performance car where they want to set for more fuel for more performance, and no effect if installed on normal car (correct me if im wrong).

For the maf sensor, I dont have the cleaner, so better just bring to mechanic and let him clean it, so dont have to buy the bottle of the cleaner. I never see the maf sensor cleaned during servicing before.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
I tried to look for CRC MAF Cleaner at Ace Hardware Bukit Jelutong last weekend, but they do not have it. Have some CRC Contact Cleaner, Degreaser, etc, but not MAF Cleaner. Is CRC MAF Cleaner is the only product that I can use to clean the MAF? Any others? Or maybe can only use pressurised air to remove dust?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
contact cleaner also fits the purpose

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I tried to look for CRC MAF Cleaner at Ace Hardware Bukit Jelutong last weekend, but they do not have it. Have some CRC Contact Cleaner, Degreaser, etc, but not MAF Cleaner. Is CRC MAF Cleaner is the only product that I can use to clean the MAF? Any others? Or maybe can only use pressurised air to remove dust?
MAF sensor quite fragile, so not too strong if use pressurized air

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
contact cleaner also fits the purpose
Also, will try with contact cleaner. I see in Ace, quite expensive, 1 bottle RM80++ huhu :hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

MAF sensor quite fragile, so not too strong if use pressurized air
OK.. noted on that. Thanks

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Also, will try with contact cleaner. I see in Ace, quite expensive, 1 bottle RM80++ huhu :hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

OK.. noted on that. Thanks

look in decent hardware shop...plenty of other brand of contact cleaner....