4g91 modification

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
7. to change OEM disc brake to evo 1/2/3 disc ( anyone want to sell???)
I have it for sale but i wont recomend u to get one. Its just too heavy for a 4g91, (unless u are after the bling2 factor, then weight is never an issue). A complete 1.8 disc all round with performance pads is more than enough.
Is it 4G series all same?
Or 1.6 Mivec same with 1.8NA/GSR?
Larger port/piston? Rite?

Last edited:

hafiz4g91

Feb 13, 2009
Errrr.. if i remember correctly, ZTH is english onli forum.. its not about paham ke tak paham..

cabuts... :burnout:

alrite bro, my turn to tell everyone what i hv in mind
1. due to recent situation, i need to do top overhaul together doing pnp head
Thats a gud one, should be able to release some hidden potential, some even yield better FC. Whats the recent situation?? hv a white smoke comes out during warm up and sometime when start move the car
2. modified standard cam pully to adjustable one or just buy ready made adjustable cam pully
I wont think about this mod now while still using standard cam, not to say that its worthless. Just gain / money spent ratio dont justify.
3. to install 1.8 cam or high cam from powerzone
If want to use 1.8 cams, i would recommend to get a complete 1.8 head before u start with #1. If going for hicam, then #2 is sumthing gud to have.
4. change extractor to 4-2-1 tuned lenght from powerzone( my down pipe now is 1.8". do i need to make it bigger?? did the s-type muffler can give any different???)
A gud one, could be ur first mod anyway, and better to get a full set from front to back. Straight flow muffler will yield better performance, but an S-flow is known to be torquer at the low end & abit more quiet.
5. change t/body to 4g93 or other 1.8 t/body
Will improve response, just make sure u bore up ur intake flange or buy complete with 1.8 intake mani. did the 1.8 mani can fit to 4g91?? and how much it cost right now????
6. to install e-manage, fuel reg, 1.8 injector and fuel rail
E-manage + adj fuel regulator with a gud tune is gud enough. If u insist on changing injector than go for the mivec ones. No need to change fuel rail unless u get it for free.ohh i c. so stock fuel rail can afford whatever i've done to my engine la...
I have it for sale but i wont recomend u to get one. Its just too heavy for a 4g91, (unless u are after the bling2 factor, then weight is never an issue). A complete 1.8 disc all round with performance pads is more than enough.
i dont want to use 4g93 block la. my car need to puspakom inspection end of this yr. dont want take risk my car kena sita heheheh
Since going for inspection, why dont u change the block straight away?? btw, inspection for what eh?? my insurance co. need inspection cert b4 i can cover all thing that i've done to my car and afraid the restamping engine code to 1.8 block can detect by jpj during r/block. my fren hv experience on that. keta kena sita unless u change back to ori:bawling:
right now i dont want tu use 1.8g/b coz already swap back to stock 4g91g/b.
so... any comment??????
[/QUOTE]
from what i've write here, does it cost around 5k. if anybody can tell me the right cost to do all of this?????

Bump: i got this from 1 of our fren out there>>>>

Types of modifications that require prior approval from the RTD

If the modification and installation of accessories result in significant changes to the shape, measurement, stability, safety as well as the original character of the motor vehicle, written permission must be obtained in advance from the RTD. For example:-

1. Modification to the monocoque frame of a motor vehicle.
2. Modification to the original shape or character of the vehicle.
3. Modification from a saloon car to a convertible.
4. Modification to the fuel system.
5. Modification to the brake system.
6. Modification to the steering system.
7. Modification to the wheelbase of the vehicle.
8. The use of a fibreglass body to replace a steel body.
9. Change of engine.
10. Installation of sunroof

so everybody. do we need approval 1st b4 we do what ever we discuss here?????
hope at this forum hv somebody who work with jpj or puspakom to answer all of this.......:confused:

Bump: i got this from 1 of our fren out there>>>>

If the modification and installation of accessories result in significant changes to the shape, measurement, stability, safety as well as the original character of the motor vehicle, written permission must be obtained in advance from the RTD. For example:-

9. Change of engine.

hope at this forum hv somebody who work with jpj or puspakom to answer all of this.......:confused:

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
Is it 4G series all same?
Or 1.6 Mivec same with 1.8NA/GSR?
Larger port/piston? Rite?
dont really understand ur question but as i remember correctly, 1.8 front disc is the same with 1.6 front disc.. the 1.5 & below is smaller..

Bump: hv a white smoke comes out during warm up and sometime when start move the car
Are u sure its sumthing to do with the head, it could just be sum condensation unless its like damn thick white smoke la..

did the 1.8 mani can fit to 4g91?? and how much it cost right now????
yup, can fit to 4g91, cost should be around Rm100..

ohh i c. so stock fuel rail can afford whatever i've done to my engine la...
U dont really need to change fuel rail unless if u are upgrading to super huge injectors like those big2 turbo do where fuel rail can cause fuel starvation.

my insurance co. need inspection cert b4 i can cover all thing that i've done to my car and afraid the restamping engine code to 1.8 block can detect by jpj during r/block. my fren hv experience on that. keta kena sita unless u change back to ori:bawling:
Buy a ligitimate 1.8 block and register as a 1.8 la.. dont simply ketuk num..

from what i've write here, does it cost around 5k. if anybody can tell me the right cost to do all of this?????
It can easily exceed that amount if u consider all the labour cost, tuning cost & all. So just do what u can, when u can afford it..

9. Change of engine.

If u are going to worry about all this, dont even start modding ur car bro.. as on the JPJ enforcer eyes, all mods are illegal.. things that are common or not obvious like PNP head, change disc brake, add e-manage are not ussually sumthing u get caught for. Its the things like super loud exhaust that may get attention.. Anyway, happy modding..

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Is it the white smoke during in the early morning or warm up is normal???
I guess every car are same...
Unless u smell engine oil burn smell...

My ride have change valve seal twice...
still white smoke during warn up & hi rpm (ard 7k above)

I guess because i use proton block but nor mits' block!!!

:listen:
I do believe some of those are 1.5 fans...
Well no harm if u still go for 4g91...

in order for u to change 1.8 block...i might say...
u have turn a big round...better select 4G93 in early...

By changing the 1.8 top, cam & intake mag...
I suggest looks for GSR top due to larger valve...
But fuel comsp' will be very hi!!!

hafiz4g91

Feb 13, 2009
to tajulsan,,
white smoke also comes out an hour after car running ussually when i park my car without stop the engine. so this is normal or my valve seal already worn out???
what u said 'bout the jpj issue was right bro. so i must carry on what ever i want to do la.

Bump:
Is it the white smoke during in the early morning or warm up is normal???
I guess every car are same...
Unless u smell engine oil burn smell...

My ride have change valve seal twice...
still white smoke during warn up & hi rpm (ard 7k above)

I guess because i use proton block but nor mits' block!!!

:listen:
I do believe some of those are 1.5 fans...
Well no harm if u still go for 4g91...

in order for u to change 1.8 block...i might say...
u have turn a big round...better select 4G93 in early...

By changing the 1.8 top, cam & intake mag...
I suggest looks for GSR top due to larger valve...
But fuel comsp' will be very hi!!!

i agree with u bro. if i want to used 1.8 blok, i should be change my engine to 4g93 in 1st place either than 4g91........

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
to tajulsan,,
white smoke also comes out an hour after car running ussually when i park my car without stop the engine. so this is normal or my valve seal already worn out???
what u said 'bout the jpj issue was right bro. so i must carry on what ever i want to do la.
White smoke is ussually an indication of engine oil being burned up in ur combustion chamber, its not necessarily points to valve seals, can be piston ring or anything. Better to get a proper diagnostic, doa compression test first at least before deciding on doing top overhaul.

On the 1.8, yah.. its should be then rather than now.. but if u are budgetting RM5k for mods.. I would rather part with 3k to get the 1.8 engine, and 2k for mods.. 300++cc makes a world of difference my bro.. furthermore u havent register ur 4g91, have u??

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
I think that should be piston ring...
Luck dependent...It's seem u need a larger piston ring ;or oversize & change larger piston if worst...
If this is in ur current 4G91...
compare the price with 4G93 block with above mentioned job list...
See which is more cheap than u just do that!!!
But 1.8 will still 1.8...the power & torque much diff...

Just want to ask u a few question...b4 u burn ur $$

1. Are u statisfy the current 4G91 in terms of power & torque
2. If sometimes of u simply race with the others car then u lose...& u found out that is a higher perfromance car(Mivec or GSR)...will u still upgrade ur car performance?
3. If ur car always enocunter a big trouble; eg. white somke, will u select
a. buy 2 bottle of engine oil, top up frequently
b. Looks for immmeadiate solution...try to get money & fix it ASAP!!!

Oct 25, 2008
White smoke is ussually an indication of engine oil being burned up in ur combustion chamber, its not necessarily points to valve seals, can be piston ring or anything. Better to get a proper diagnostic, doa compression test first at least before deciding on doing top overhaul.

On the 1.8, yah.. its should be then rather than now.. but if u are budgetting RM5k for mods.. I would rather part with 3k to get the 1.8 engine, and 2k for mods.. 300++cc makes a world of difference my bro.. furthermore u havent register ur 4g91, have u??
tajulsans,
U so godd in given advice and at the same time u so good in hurt human feelings (touch n go)..how bads u are ha??:listen:

hafiz4g91

Feb 13, 2009

to tajulsan,,,
regarding u'r suggest 'bout compression test, where i can do that? i think u'r suggestion is very good b4 i start my mod.
i've already registerd my 4g91 3 yrs ago right after complete transplant my engine. its quite leceh punye urusan.

Bump:
I think that should be piston ring...
Luck dependent...It's seem u need a larger piston ring ;or oversize & change larger piston if worst...
If this is in ur current 4G91...
compare the price with 4G93 block with above mentioned job list...
See which is more cheap than u just do that!!!
But 1.8 will still 1.8...the power & torque much diff...

Just want to ask u a few question...b4 u burn ur $$

1. Are u statisfy the current 4G91 in terms of power & torque
- frankly speaking la, i'm not 100% satisfy with it, but still can perform good
2. If sometimes of u simply race with the others car then u lose...& u found out that is a higher perfromance car(Mivec or GSR)...will u still upgrade ur car performance?
- that why i need to mod my car bro. as long as i can smoke out 1.6 proton or cucuk angin 1.8.
3. If ur car always enocunter a big trouble; eg. white somke, will u select
a. buy 2 bottle of engine oil, top up frequently
- i dont like this solution la. kind of waste money without get anything
b. Looks for immmeadiate solution...try to get money & fix it ASAP!!!
- this solution i prefer more coz i just spend my money to make my car reliable and good condition

to jack,,,,
as far as i remember, u also from jay bee. so, can u recommend any reliable w/shop to mod my car?????

Last edited:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
i'm from jb too, mod my car in torque racing permas, quite reliable and the tuner is quite famous in this area...

As for white smoke, under cold weather will get healthy white smoke too : )
hv u checked your engine oil level?? does it decrease time to time?

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
ohppppsss...
I ain't from JB...but Ipoh...

But ican tell u honestly...
I don't even statisfy with 1.8 also...
Coz i always compare with VTEC, Turbo & BMW mah...hehe

But anyway how...
U did good in ur car oredi...:biggrin:!!!

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
But ican tell u honestly...
I don't even statisfy with 1.8 also...
Coz i always compare with VTEC, Turbo & BMW mah...hehe

QUOTE]

Me EITHER... but think about my safety, my car safety, and also the heavy usage, i can only persuaded myself to stick with 1.8... but really feel like BOT it or change engine again.. AHH~

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
wow...
tons of info goin on over here....

well bro...
dun rush ur mods...
even u hav the budget stand by to do all....
do it one at a time...
n u can feel the diff time to time...
n next time u will b able to suggest to ppl which mods giv u more gains.....

modding is never ending la...
u'll never satisfied wif ur car's performance.....
always complain power/torque not enuf...
if giv u a 1000hp car...
then u'll complain no drivability....
wahahahaha....

torque racing???
yeah...quite famous.....
but dat's the thing wif JB....
when u gets famous...the price u charge will increase at the same time....
heehee.....

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Really?? cos i compared price with others too...
i went for another mech before him, slightly cheaper but then work sucks
his charges is reasonable with the quality of work, furthermore he will always call owner if he saw sth need to be replaced rather than just changed and charge, personally i like this service, keep me updated at all time instead of blow me up when i receive the bill...
So far the car is quite stable, no smoke, no leak, no overheat... considered reliable right? : )

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
hahaha...
let's not talk bout the workshop la....
out of topic edi....

so...
did the thread starter started wif his mods???

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
To summarize on what you guys had said, the sky is the limit in terms of car modifications...

hafiz4g91

Feb 13, 2009
hahaha...
let's not talk bout the workshop la....
out of topic edi....

so...
did the thread starter started wif his mods???

thanx to everybody who gave me good n reliable info.

yup. my car right now already going in w/shop 2 days ago. that why i senyap.
what i'm doing now is do the pnp first coz after open the head seem that my piston ring already worn out. so, the mech suggest to rebow a little bit to fit 4g92 piston. also put in ready made adjustable cam pully by aerospeed with 4g93 cam.

so far pnp still in progress. rebow cylinder done today but must wait 4g92 piston and ring to come. lambat order la. according to my mech, at least need another 3 to 5 days to complete installing all this not included tuning. this w/shop tuner balik kg la 3 ari.

i'll update my mod to u all soon.

1 more, any body want to sell lightened pully??? what i've read in extremekars mag that lightened pully can discover your hidden hp.

Bump:
i'm from jb too, mod my car in torque racing permas, quite reliable and the tuner is quite famous in this area...

As for white smoke, under cold weather will get healthy white smoke too : )
hv u checked your engine oil level?? does it decrease time to time?always check my engine oil level. seem ok but white smoke still hv even after 1 or 2 running

to zac,
u from jb too. so which area this w/shop ar. is it near wan shing rim or viswork w/shop.
may be i can go there for next level of mod?

Last edited:

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Well, guys...
4G91 is not bad...

I won't laugh those 1.5 fever...
Good choice to use 4G92 piston!
In order for u to change the ligthen crack pulley, why not u just full balance ur crank shaft & con rod?
Ligthen pulley u reduce torque...
Ur baby will scream when u go uphill...man!!!

Well good to hear ur good news sooner!!!

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
The torque racing is same street with viswork, but it is at the corner lot of another end. I installed lightened crank pulley (local made)in my wira previous engine 1.3gl, but no significant feeling... also installed a taiwan made one in 520i, that bring in some feel because it's a set of 4 pulleys (crank,waterpump,aircond & 1 forgot)...

lightened pulley will have less momentum, easily accelerate but your leg hv to be on the pedal to maintain constant speed, this i show i felt and also read from other magazine lah, dunno true or not...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A BTCC car, is a car that is stripped down and modified for use in the British Touring Car Championship. Watch this video provided by Honda, on how do they get about to modify their regular Honda Civic, into a powerful BTCC Honda Civic car.

YouTube - What is a BTCC car?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience