4G91 Gang..

To those who play cam pulley, dun be fooled by the marking on the pulley, the A marking in the pulley is actually let ur valve open later, in other word, if u plan to open the valve earlier, your have to turn toward to R (retard marking), if still dun understand, open the rocker cover and turn the pulley, then u know what I means.

tq bro, yeah i knew about the marking, it is so confusing. I just take that inner pulley marking is actual cam position, and the outer where it is supposed to be if you not adjust it (at 0 mark)

whats d benefits of letting the valves open earlier or opening later??
so open valves later = advance,on pulley??
besides d usage of a liming light, is there any other way to adjust d distribuitor?

eloz...jus wanna ask...any of ur frenz registered 4g93 engine into a 1.3 proton chasis without bribe?can it b done?coz i'm in the midst of changing the engine...duno wanna ketuk 91 number or 93...plz plz help....

ayell...ur crankpulley....does it hav a rubber damper like the mythology wan???coz i heard if doesnt hav....it wil vibrate and in the long run damage ur engine internal...

guys,
i had a lil chat with a mech, and i got some contradicting information. Well, its regarding the usage of aluminum crankpulley.

It seems, its more suitable on a short distance testing only(drag or traffic light to traffic light) and on hill climbing, it will suffer. Plus on a long term, the other parts of the engine might KO, such as alternator,power steering pump or even the compressor. The reason he said for that is because, the cycle count is different with the usage of the aluminum crankpulley. He also agreed that it does give a lighter response but not for long aswell.

but most of the aluminum crankpulley users here are happy with the usage right? no complains??

ayell...ur crankpulley....does it hav a rubber damper like the mythology wan???coz i heard if doesnt hav....it wil vibrate and in the long run damage ur engine internal...
Mine don't have ruber damper, methodlogy one double the price woo! :biggrin:
I heard that also, but I don't know the truth, few friends use it for years, but doesn't complaint about damaging their engine internal parts.

guys,
i had a lil chat with a mech, and i got some contradicting information. Well, its regarding the usage of aluminum crankpulley.

It seems, its more suitable on a short distance testing only(drag or traffic light to traffic light) and on hill climbing, it will suffer. Plus on a long term, the other parts of the engine might KO, such as alternator,power steering pump or even the compressor. The reason he said for that is because, the cycle count is different with the usage of the aluminum crankpulley. He also agreed that it does give a lighter response but not for long aswell.

but most of the aluminum crankpulley users here are happy with the usage right? no complains??
I'm not so sure about this as well, but I think your mech referring to undersize aluminium crankpulley, maybe. But logically if undersize, the rotation is less at those parts mentioned hence more lifespan. I just use it for few days, so far fo me meet my expectations.

Last edited:
Bro ayell and everyone here..

Are u using a metal head gasket?
What's the thickness of the gasket?

Bro ayell and everyone here..

Are u using a metal head gasket?
What's the thickness of the gasket?

Nope. I'm using normal gasket, see here
DC080419012.jpg

Ooo.. ic.
Sometime change to metal gasket stuck in my mind..
More thinner gasket than stended..
More high compression achieve.
n engine become more responsive.

But that is just theory la for me..
Mebbe for the next year project.. I wish..

Mine need to use normal gasket or thicker metal gasket, piston head a bit over the block hehehe, if use thinner gasket sure hantam valve.

81.5mm....
somemore higher compression....
response sure like mad la!!!
shiok habis!!!

heheheh not ngam yet lah, carburetor still got slight problem and need more tuning, and new distributor need to lathe a bit so can adjust more. Now just use like that to commute to work, no car patah kaki lorr.

im planning to buy racing clutch .. but dunno which one is gud and worth for money .. can u guys give some opinion and pricing ... im newbie .. egegege

i want to ask any of u guys have the experience on using R3 abs n spring on satria?how does it feels?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom