4G61T Mirage

HDTmotorsport

1,500 RPM
Aug 8, 2009
Selangor
alvin24 said:
If i'm not mistaken... mounting dun have to mod if u use EVO mountings.
alvin24 said:
really??? coz my car now need to change a engine mounting every 4-5 months..hehehe
engine senget maa.. 4g61 on wira body... hmmm.. where i can get this evo mounting??
how much??/

HDTmotorsport

1,500 RPM
Aug 8, 2009
Selangor
- Plug and Play on proton chasis?
nope,3 mounting have to modd if u put on a wira or satria.i think same if u put on a iswara.
- Pros and Cons
..............[/QUOTE]

which mounting??? coz my wira 4g61 use 1.5 wira gearbox...
so i tot only the right mounting to modd(near the timing belt)..
correct me if wrong...

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
the mounting near to the timing belt,the 2 mounting on the crossmember.the gearbox mounting no need to modd.

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
Won't mounting mods cause problems when trying to get JPJ/PUSPAKOM approval?

What engine can be used for a 1.3 iswara?

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Rekalo,
Wow... i understand your pain. Its very mafan when u need parts that are hard to find... coz' then ur car just sitting in the workshop doing nothing, and if u don't have a spare car to use, u can't go anywhere! Yours 4G61 n/a... really very rare woh... at least 4G61T can still use some VR4/EVO parts if anything goes wrong... if 61 n/a, VR4 n/a oso quite rare... i can imagine trying to find any spare parts for this car... =Þ

mell+amir,
Hahaha... good luck finding. I don't think its going to be easy to find... coz' seldom they'll sell saparate... so if they DO also it is definitely going to cost u!! Were u the one who called me the other day btw? =Þ Someone called me askin' bout evo mountings on 61T.... hahaha...
Using 4G15 g'box on a 61T.... wow... just a matter of time before it K.O. !! Don't think the gearbox can tahan that much torture man... better try get a GSR g'box or something. Ur 4G15 g'box oso probably had to skim the inside to fit the flywheel+clutch right?

cacin,
Wouldn't cause a problem if its done properly.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
alvin24 said:
Rekalo,
Wow... i understand your pain. Its very mafan when u need parts that are hard to find... coz' then ur car just sitting in the workshop doing nothing, and if u don't have a spare car to use, u can't go anywhere! Yours 4G61 n/a... really very rare woh... at least 4G61T can still use some VR4/EVO parts if anything goes wrong... if 61 n/a, VR4 n/a oso quite rare... i can imagine trying to find any spare parts for this car... =Þ

mell+amir,
Hahaha... good luck finding. I don't think its going to be easy to find... coz' seldom they'll sell saparate... so if they DO also it is definitely going to cost u!! Were u the one who called me the other day btw? =Þ Someone called me askin' bout evo mountings on 61T.... hahaha...
Using 4G15 g'box on a 61T.... wow... just a matter of time before it K.O. !! Don't think the gearbox can tahan that much torture man... better try get a GSR g'box or something. Ur 4G15 g'box oso probably had to skim the inside to fit the flywheel+clutch right?

Boss,

Any 4G6X series engine, no matter N/A or Turbo, spare parts are not that hard to find leh friend. if you are talking about engine wirings and ECU, yeah la that one like looking for a Virgin in SPA... :biggrin:

if anyone got problems looking for their spare parts, PM me. or if you have any inquiries about parts, their replacement parts, i think i can help you guys.

actually you can ask from the spare parts shop itself. you just have to bring one sample of your part and it makes life easier for you, the foreman and the spareparts dealer.

i have never encountered any problems getting any replacement parts for my 4G63 from piston rings to valve seals, everything lah. all from original mitsubishi dealer. if car parts, then sorry loh. engine parts, come look for me.

as for 1.5 gbox on 4G6X series, actually as mentioned 1000 times in the forum, it's the way how you maintain and shift your gearbox. i got a few fellas i know who is running 4WD locked gearbox also kondem even running standard setup. i personally running 4G15 gbox last year without any problems until i boosted up the engine spec.

so the problem is how you drive your car. any car, not only mitsubishi and proton in particular. take honda for example. if you shift hard for it's B series vtec gbox, the 3rd synchro always rosak. (i might be wrong because last time many customers come over to change 2nd and 3rd synchro so i made an assumption.. PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND CORRECT ME if this statement is wrong.)

do not worry about engine parts. worry about how you maintain your engine and making sure you got spares. always make a point to keep some spares for your baby, less hassles, less problems, less downtime for your car. :biggrin:

we should sit down in a quiet place and do a lecture over a :tee: ... :biggrin:

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
used this 61T for 2 years,engine very tahan lasak but only 145bhp,but stock 61T can sapu stock mivec or 1.6 vtec in 400m although they quoted around 160ps over...61T halfcut very expensive nowdays...almost hit 4.5k liao...if want to play 61T,just buy the engine kosong then buy VR4RS halfcut then bore the block and put everything from VR4RS in...you will jimat roadtax and got the 240ps 61T under the hood,the GSR pun takut to try! :biggrin:

call me if you minat this set up 019-9550999,thanks! :biggrin:

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
coz' 4G61T rebore to fit 85mm pistons, if i remember correctly is 1.7+ litre only.... how to get 240hp like that? Unless up boost kau kau laa.... =Þ

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
alvin,

it can be done 1,malaysia boleh mar... :biggrin: my fren 260bhp GSR kena smoked by 61T saga in 400m before,almost 2 cars kena tapau!!! then we keep tracking that car history since we wont believe that the stock 61T can outrun the GSR...lastly d owner fren told us that his fren car block only 61T,all stuff all VR4RS+EVO...no wonder la... :biggrin:

HDTmotorsport

1,500 RPM
Aug 8, 2009
Selangor
mell+amir,

yeah... it's me dude....anyway thanx a lot.. i've found someone who wanna sell that evo bracket mounting and it cost rm200 just for the bracket not incuding the mounting.. is it too expensive?? mine is 4g61T but using NA block hehe.. no turbo maa.. yes... need to skim...
also have 4g67 gearbox hehehe...but i think wanna sell la...

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
I also been using my 1.3 gearbox , still runing till to day , its been 2.5 years attach to my 4G61 engine .

Not including it runing with the 4G13 engine , if overall its been 10 years already runing on the same gearbox without problems .

Before the gearbox can k.o , im sure the driveshaft or clutch will k.o first .

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
keong_GSR,
260+hp GSR... wow.. this I gotta see for myself, so far the highest I've seen also is 240+ on wheels. =Þ Wonder whut extra mods this guy did? 260hp, should have upgraded internals right? GSR stock internals if my guess is right, can't take that much torture before the connecting pins break. But memang stock 61T is damn slow... modded, needless to say, any engine also will be fast maaa... hahaha.. depends on how much money u can throw into the car. =Þ Deeper pocket wins... if the 61T assuming running everything evo, and rebore to put evo pistons as well (1.7+ litre)... should give GSR a good whacking. =Þ hahaha... for all you know might keep up with a stock VR4... wouldn't be surprising.

mell_amir,
Ic ic... so means you're running n/a or turbo laa now? HAhaha... is it on a satria or wira liau ah? Forgot.. 200 bucks for the bracket huh? If i were u, take it loh.. less headache... of course, try asking a couple halfcut shops first lar, see if they have it and see what's the price... reason being these things are hard to come by.

vestax,
Wow... happening la ur 1.3 gearbox! Must be u damn 'sek che'... very the jaga and sayang ur car a lot... wahahaha... my friend using 1.6 gearbox on a VR4 oso KOed in a matter of months only... but then again, now come to think of it, i think a lotta VR4 kaki also still running on 1.3 gearbox! hahaha...

Rekalo

Known Member
Jul 7, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
alvin24 said:
coz' 4G61T rebore to fit 85mm pistons, if i remember correctly is 1.7+ litre only.... how to get 240hp like that? Unless up boost kau kau laa.... =Þ
Yaaaaaaaaaaa....Som ppl so called 4G61T, but inner parts all 1.8...who knows.

Miton, memang 4G63 still can get, 4G61 ???....Infact i heard n try 4G61 NA got 3 ECU models ( codes)....Mine 8739...i have try other Mirage NA...DAMN!!! only can start...cannot move 1 wo....it will jecking...but other stuff do no wther can play with 4G63 stuff, just got to know that can play with inner parts ( over size pistons....conrod...camshalv etc) do no la how far its true ?....

Miton, ur pomen done that b4 ?.....dude whers d HANGUS PINSTON LA ?

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
alvin,

dont overlook the mighty GSR,stock already 190bhp... my fren 1 internal still stock except metal gasket! turbine from evo3,intercooler from VR4RS,piping custom made,port & polish,oil cooler,ecu upgrade from japan ( bought from fren in japan ) gearbox rojak with VR4,EVO...boost 1.5bar all the time for 3 years still no problem...he tried with evo3 stock with 1.2bar,the evo3 kena whack almost 1 1/2 car in 400m... best time 13.09s in 400m without slick tyre... :wink: but the saga with 61T beat him kau kau that day... :biggrin:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
if u want power from stock engine, dont go for 4G61. not powerful in standard form. even when modded, still not powerful...

cant beat gsr gangs...

all upgrading budget will be spent on repairs, at the end of the day, still not powerful.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello everyone, I own a L200S 1990 with the later EF-RL engine fitted. Its currently standard apart from a dual stage boost controller. I'm running 14psi but the little RHB31 turbo isnt liking it. I'm a member of http://keikarsinthepark.co.uk/index.php?action=forum

I' after some useful contacts and i really need a new turbo or hybrid turbo ASAP. There are NO tuners or tuning parts in the uk, so i hope some of you guys can help me out?

My username on the above link is GRUSS...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience