4G61T Mirage

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Anyone using this engine? Need some feedback here. I rarely see people using this engine, why? high maintenance? :smile:

- How much does this halfcut cost?
- Total BHP?
- Plug and Play on proton chasis?
- Pros and Cons

Uhh, Thanks. :rock:

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
same maintenance with those 4g63 or 4g93,only some of the parts is not as easy find as those 63/93.sometimes have to use vr4 part to ganti.and this engine is same batch with vr4,got eci multi or cyclone to choose.for the price of that ppl sure take vr4 instead of taking this halfcut.coz vr4 cincai alredi got 200hp,for what wanna take a 1.6cc with hp less than 180hp.

- How much does this halfcut cost?
back in 4 years time the halfcut cost me RM3200(ECI multi).now got see ppl selling for rm4k.
- Total BHP?
not sure,around 160-170hp
- Plug and Play on proton chasis?
nope,3 mounting have to modd if u put on a wira or satria.i think same if u put on a iswara.
- Pros and Cons

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
If i'm not mistaken... mounting dun have to mod if u use EVO mountings.

bvalve....
some prefer 1.6 over 2.0 coz' of roadtax and fuel consumption maaa... further more now JPJ dun really allow 2.0 litre conversions unless from a 1.8 chassis.

Anyway... in my opinion... wanna get this, might as well get mivec or GSR.... unless u're ready to REALLY spend... coz' its recommended to send it for a full overhaul first before dropping this in... else surely a lotta problems pop up, coz' damn old liau this engine.

Last edited:

esan

Aug 1, 2004
this question should be answered by the 4g61t sifu khoyosleader.his 4G61T in a wagon with lots of modification including td05 turbine has proven that even with heavy weight wagon body,the engine is highly potential that it can eat most 4g93ts alive..

joe where are u dude??show us some boost with ur monster!hehe..

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
yiheng85 said:
145 horsie :)

mounting have to mod if put in iswara too :)
Then, if need to mod mounting, it will have quite a hard time getting approval from PUSPAKOM/JPJ right? So, what will be the suitable engine for an iswara?

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
esan said:
this question should be answered by the 4g61t sifu khoyosleader.his 4G61T in a wagon with lots of modification including td05 turbine has proven that even with heavy weight wagon body,the engine is highly potential that it can eat most 4g93ts alive..

joe where are u dude??show us some boost with ur monster!hehe..
eat most 4g93t alive:stoned: consider very fast 4 a 61t......coz last time a friend of mine modd his 61t with TD05,vr4 wiring,vr4 ecu,intercooler and bla bla bla........still loose to 93t.....make him no mood and finaly sold off the engine:biggrin: maybe the things he modd is not nescecery or the tuner prob......no idea.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
there are fast 61Ts around... but needless to say, the amounts spent on the car is not little... 61T stock conditions is pretty underpowered for its specs... but what you need to worry about is the drivability of the car later on if u decide to power up the car.

Rekalo

Known Member
Jul 7, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
alvin24 said:
If i'm not mistaken... mounting dun have to mod if u use EVO mountings.

bvalve....
some prefer 1.6 over 2.0 coz' of roadtax and fuel consumption maaa... further more now JPJ dun really allow 2.0 litre conversions unless from a 1.8 chassis.

Anyway... in my opinion... wanna get this, might as well get mivec or GSR.... unless u're ready to REALLY spend... coz' its recommended to send it for a full overhaul first before dropping this in... else surely a lotta problems pop up, coz' damn old liau this engine.

yes alvin, i agree with you. Im 4G61 NA user in to Iswara, Yes mounting have to bemodi,drivesharp, fuel tank have 2 change 2 saga fuel injection model. My life in miserable since I play this enjin. Twice timing belt putus, both time also new belt and ori but still gone. The worst things is a month back ECU kong, try to check it out in chop shop no stock, found Mirage NA itself got 3 models, and bad thing mine ECI Multi limited to find it, Fren from ZTH ‘Party Joe’ gave me chop shop list in Klang valley, almost spend ½ day to called all the 79 outlets in Klang valley….GUESS what non of them have it ! If got also at least 600-700 just the ECU. I’m not telling that it’s not good enjin, but it’s just cant suite for here, coz very rare the parts, difficult 2 get.

I have calculated, the total amount of money which I was spend for this, rather I can get Mivec + installation and minor upgrading. As Alvin said, Mivec its newer and reliable enjin and shouldn’t be problem for parts 2. You can find out more about this enjin in this web

http://www.4g61t.com/phpBB2/

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
the most important thing is mivec parts are much more easier to get compare with 61t,some ppl rather go for 93t,much more choice on it.now u feel the headache leh....hehe

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
bvalve said:
dun think is 145hp,i think around 160hp.
it's 145hp leh...can check in the website.

fast or not fast is not depending on what hardware you put. it's simply how you want the power to be delivered...and most importantly...the TUNING that had to be done. no point having 500hp rated stuff if your mechanic know nuts about management and set it up wrongly and your car becoming a POTATO car.. :biggrin:

Rekalo

Known Member
Jul 7, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
MitonCT26 said:
it's 145hp leh...can check in the website.

fast or not fast is not depending on what hardware you put. it's simply how you want the power to be delivered...and most importantly...the TUNING that had to be done. no point having 500hp rated stuff if your mechanic know nuts about management and set it up wrongly and your car becoming a POTATO car.. :biggrin:
Wei tai lor, whers the Hangus PISTON la...PM ur number...rmbr i was looking d stuff...so hows ur car...painted redy ha?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ek Engines

For Civic EK ,which A or B series engine is best suited for it for 200hp?

n with a b20 transplant will u get JPJ approval and insurance?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience