Callin' 4G61T Owner - Wanna Up boost @ 0.8

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Hi all 61T master,

I still cannot forget the feeling / excitement when I newly bring my car out from garage with 1.2 bar boosting in the street. After that successfully reduce the boost by installing new hose for actuator currently having my stock engine boosting @ 0.5 bar.
Now, I'm feeling itchy and want to up boost @ 0.8 bar (Enough for me as I'm fuel-consious person) and need master's advice for me what to do. Just simply up boost? Or what do I need in the first place in order to do so?

Thanks a lot in advance. :_:

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Hi all,
Means that stock engine can withstand @ 1.0 bar without problem? What about long run?

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Hi Zurinazwan,
Thanks for your information. That's very helpful. I'm impress what you did, that's awesome!
I've got your number stored. =) Anyway, where you from? I'm from penang.
Actually for my concern, I don't intend to up boost until such high althought that is very exciting. I'm fuel consious people you knows... haha...
From what you did and your experience, do you think that is fine enough if I just up boost until 0.8 without any modification?

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Hi brothers,

I am on the same track too. Want to up boost but in doubt.

Will be good if i install a Exhaust Gas Temperature gauge and Air Fuel Ratio gauge to monitor my engine first before going for the fuel pump and so on?

I am like you too bro, raising little boost only. Since sifu said that raising 0.2 to 0.3 bar on standard engine would be okay, i am not stepping into the large PSSTT yet.

Thank you.

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Hi Ken,
What engine is in your monster bay?

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Hi Ken,
What engine is in your monster bay?
Hi bro, mine is a standard stock B8 engine. It's not a monster :confused_smile: . How i wish i can call it monster. :X-: We wait all sifu here help us then can become monsters. :regular_smile:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
kk, so previously u were boosting 1.2 bar, were u worried?

anyway, to answer ur question, if engine 100% stock, with healthy engine, healthy fuel pump, everything in good condition, 1 bar is the max tolerable limit. beyond 1 bar, still can but risky already... so 0.8 bar is nothing.

p/s but if anything happen, dont sue us ar, we dont know whats the condition of ur engine. some people boost 2 bar no problem, some standard boost also piston melt... depends on ur luck...

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
ken,so how high ur boosting now?

Boosting at 0.9bar minimum; turbine changed bigger by previous owner. Unless put wastegate then only can lower the boost. Scary to boost 0.9bar as i have no confidence yet. I have no monitoring gauges as well. Now always vacuum drive. :confused_smile:

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
kk, so previously u were boosting 1.2 bar, were u worried?

anyway, to answer ur question, if engine 100% stock, with healthy engine, healthy fuel pump, everything in good condition, 1 bar is the max tolerable limit. beyond 1 bar, still can but risky already... so 0.8 bar is nothing.

p/s but if anything happen, dont sue us ar, we dont know whats the condition of ur engine. some people boost 2 bar no problem, some standard boost also piston melt... depends on ur luck...
Thanks for the advice bro. It means that it might still can tolerate the boost generated. Agree with you, every car is different; like humans. :confused_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My friends car is having some problem...
It is a Satria 1.5 Auto converted to manual...

The problem is rarely simple but then this foremans are doing nonsense...

The car is jerking when its on top speed...1,2,3,4,5..whenever it likes....
It feels like there is something blocking the car from moving when ur driving it...

Have checked with foremans, and also changed the IC Box of the Fuel Injection but its still the same...and now after consulting another foreman, he says the fuel pump is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience