Someone pls help to see my dyno graph..Need advise....

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
All piggyback also face this problem unless they got a knock sensor adapter and an o2 sensor adapter that will fool the ECU also. Thats why with standalone, you get higher hp after tuning.

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
All piggyback also face this problem unless they got a knock sensor adapter and an o2 sensor adapter that will fool the ECU also. Thats why with standalone, you get higher hp after tuning.
I knw that standalone is way better than piggyback. But how much more HP can you gain for a stock BT with standalone & the cost of price?

I prefer piggyback as when there is problem with piggyback, we still have original ECU to support & still can drive the car. But what if standalone ECU spoil? there is no ECU backup.

By the way, I am not saying standalone ECU is not good. Just that we need it when we mod kau kau one....

As for stock BT, I still prefer piggyback...Just my opinion. Dont shoot me ah lkeong88

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Why the correction factors between the two runs are different.If you look at the note below the graph for "before e-manage",on the right there is SAE 1.00,but for the "after e-manage",the correction factor is STD 1.04,as far as i know,STD figures is higher than SAE...as the calculation factor for both is different..you should dyno back with SAE corrected figures,and also same smooth factor as the first run..

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
don't know what to comment..btw...woww..impressive hp for ur engine...
p/s- i still can't find the place u do cooling plate..any contact number..maps...shop name

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Why the correction factors between the two runs are different.If you look at the note below the graph for "before e-manage",on the right there is SAE 1.00,but for the "after e-manage",the correction factor is STD 1.04,as far as i know,STD figures is higher than SAE...as the calculation factor for both is different..you should dyno back with SAE corrected figures,and also same smooth factor as the first run..

What SAE and STD stand for ar?

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
What SAE and STD stand for ar?
SAE is Society of Automotive Engineers,usually the most use SAE correction factor for dyno
STD is Standard,some also used this correction factor

But if u SAE,all dyno after that should use SAE for comparison
if use STD,then always use STD to compare

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Bro cuscostrutbrace,

Thanks for informing on this. I really did not notice on this.:hmmmm:

Already called the tuner & he said he will use back SAE calculation which means just convert from STD to SAE reading & print out for me. No need dyno/tuning again... Is it correct that no need to dyno/tuning again? :confused:
Or need to ask them to dyno/tuning again with SAE reading?

Normally what is the difference reading between SAE & STD? Alot ???

The before E-Manage is tune by 1st tuner but after install E-Manage, it's a 2nd tuner to dyno/tune the car as 1st tuner is not working on that day. Previously 1st tuner already told me that he can't promise how many HP can increase after E-Manage install as he told me my engine stock without E-Manage, already had a good reading HP & he say might gain 1 or 2 HP only...But of coz after tune car will be smoother...:hmmmm:

Last edited:

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
SAE calculations are applied after dyno reading, so you dont need to dyno again, you just click the setting in the dyno program.

I am not here to shoot people. Your tuner sure say smoother, because he wants your money lol. Psychology plays a big part in a "fast car", some people you tell them you change new battery also they feel the car faster. Some people stick stickers also faster. Don't let someone con you into believing there are power unmeasurable normally and you need on road tuning to feel it, those stuff dont work. If you are running on everything stock, chances are you dont need that emanage.

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm, Im still stepping on the ground...
For NA engine you spend RM1000 = 5-10hp
For Turbo engine you spend RM1000 = 50hp

What do you expect from E-Manage? and what E-Manage offer for you?
GReddy’s e-Manage is a cost effective programmable engine management system that allows you to properly tune your factory engine control without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit or the inconvenience of sending it out for a full ECU reprogram. The e-Manage system is a true universal "piggy-back" type unit that taps into most Japanese factory ECU wiring, by utilizing the vehicle’s existing sensors (or optional upgraded sensors if factory sensors are maxed out). The major benefit is the factory ECU settings become your "Base-MAP" for tuning. There is no need for extensive tuning for normal driving conditions, but does allow the tuner to fine tune, adjust for injector changes, and add new MAP(s) for situations the factory ECU is not capable of (like on-boost conditions). And as technological breakthroughs are achieved, we offer FREE updates via our greddy.com website’s Tech page. (copy from their website).. So we should not put high expectation to try this gadget..

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Bro cuscostrutbrace,

Thanks for informing on this. I really did not notice on this.:hmmmm:

Already called the tuner & he said he will use back SAE calculation which means just convert from STD to SAE reading & print out for me. No need dyno/tuning again... Is it correct that no need to dyno/tuning again? :confused:
Or need to ask them to dyno/tuning again with SAE reading?

Normally what is the difference reading between SAE & STD? Alot ???

The before E-Manage is tune by 1st tuner but after install E-Manage, it's a 2nd tuner to dyno/tune the car as 1st tuner is not working on that day. Previously 1st tuner already told me that he can't promise how many HP can increase after E-Manage install as he told me my engine stock without E-Manage, already had a good reading HP & he say might gain 1 or 2 HP only...But of coz after tune car will be smoother...:hmmmm:
OK then just have him print the sheet again with SAE C.F

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Hmm, Im still stepping on the ground...
For NA engine you spend RM1000 = 5-10hp
For Turbo engine you spend RM1000 = 50hp

What do you expect from E-Manage? and what E-Manage offer for you?
GReddy’s e-Manage is a cost effective programmable engine management system that allows you to properly tune your factory engine control without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit or the inconvenience of sending it out for a full ECU reprogram. The e-Manage system is a true universal "piggy-back" type unit that taps into most Japanese factory ECU wiring, by utilizing the vehicle’s existing sensors (or optional upgraded sensors if factory sensors are maxed out). The major benefit is the factory ECU settings become your "Base-MAP" for tuning. There is no need for extensive tuning for normal driving conditions, but does allow the tuner to fine tune, adjust for injector changes, and add new MAP(s) for situations the factory ECU is not capable of (like on-boost conditions). And as technological breakthroughs are achieved, we offer FREE updates via our greddy.com website’s Tech page. (copy from their website).. So we should not put high expectation to try this gadget..
Turbo spend RM1000 can get 50hp?...cannot la...15-20hp the most,depends on state of tune..i changed my downpipe only gained 5-6hp (with same boost before changing)....,if with ecu retune+a little bit higher boost should gain 15-20hp easily

For power to money spend ratio,turbo have the advantage..

For reliability,fuel economy,ease of maintenance,whack all the way..go for N/A

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
I agree that we don't expect much on this E-Manage for stock BT engine but it is good to have it as to fine tune our BT engine where after we mod piping, extractor, air-filter & etc.......Because our stock ECU is meant for everything stock but once we have do the above upgrades, we should have a piggyback management to fine tune our car.

My concern is not to gain 5-10Hp & 5-10 torque for my engine after install E-Manage. What I want is to make my car smoother with correct Air/Fuel tuning.

FYI, I have tested out that after install E-Manage, my petrol save abit where last time when I use on highway, cost me 16sen/km but now with E-Manage at highway, cost me 14sen plus/km. So in long term, it still save me & my car is in correct Air/Fuel....

Anyway, thanks for all bros on the comment & sharing info. Really appreciate it & I got to learn something extra new today. I will be going back to the tuner this weekend to print out the dyno graph with SAE reading. Will not expect much but at least same HP & Torque with my previous 1st graph or additional 1-2HP & 1-2 Torque.....

Will update you guys on the process later on....:biggrin:

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Hi guys,

I have got the SAE reading already. Please refer newly attached dyno graph.

1st graph - Before E-Manage
2nd graph - After E-Manage
3rd graph - Comparison between 1st & 2nd graph

Anyone here using E-Manage want to share their dyno graph as well? :biggrin:

Generally HP increase by 1.53 & torque increase by 0.11 only. Overall, still satisfy with it...

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Now this is correct comparison, :-)

Looks like you gain a lot on the mid range than at the peak,are you running on 'trumpets' before e-manage?

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
The increase is negligible, you could sell away your emanage 2nd hand. Sometimes to gain power its trial and error. The money you can fund towards a high cam. Or if you have alot of money, you could just wait till you get your hi cam. Furthermore I thought you said your emanage only run on ignition harness? No injector harness? So how come you said can tune your air fuel and make it more save petrol?

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
Yalo... fund for Hi cam better la... but Kelvin told me he wont go for Hicam in future... Im doubt it.hehehe..:P

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Now this is correct comparison, :-)

Looks like you gain a lot on the mid range than at the peak,are you running on 'trumpets' before e-manage?
Ya. I gain alot on the mid range where is good feel.
I run on internal IMEC Japan trumpets & use back my plenum with HKS air-filter before E-Manage as well...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Yalo... fund for Hi cam better la... but Kelvin told me he wont go for Hicam in future... Im doubt it.hehehe..:P
Wah. Bro. At last you speaking ah :p

High-cam? When play for internal we need to spend alot & yes, it's alot. More than RM10k...

High-cam, valve spring, cam-pulley, metal gasket & bla bla bla

As my car is a daily drive car. So won't go for so extensive mod...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

The increase is negligible, you could sell away your emanage 2nd hand. Sometimes to gain power its trial and error. The money you can fund towards a high cam. Or if you have alot of money, you could just wait till you get your hi cam. Furthermore I thought you said your emanage only run on ignition harness? No injector harness? So how come you said can tune your air fuel and make it more save petrol?
RM1.4k can fund towards high cam? I don't think so bro. Not only high cam. There is other need to include as well. Money of coz I have alot but not enough till millionare..Lolz...Joking only...

By the way, for your info, I have timing harness & it can run injector function as well. So no need injector harness..It really save abit on petrol. This is my 3rd E-Manage I have been using. Previously I used E-Manage on my RB20DET & SuperCharger as well.....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai~! everyone~! i got a very very old car, it is NISSAN sunny 130 :P . this is very very powerless ;) . at the moment, wish to exchange the original B11 engine to SR20DET with turbo one :lol: . But, don't know it is work or not? and to do this, it is still can ride on the road like a normal car? what i mean is about the gorvenment site. it is approve or not :blink: ? please, give me some nice guides ~! thank you for your guys first~ B) !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience