Someone pls help to see my dyno graph..Need advise....

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Bro cuscostrutbrace,

Thanks for informing on this. I really did not notice on this.:hmmmm:

Already called the tuner & he said he will use back SAE calculation which means just convert from STD to SAE reading & print out for me. No need dyno/tuning again... Is it correct that no need to dyno/tuning again? :confused:
Or need to ask them to dyno/tuning again with SAE reading?

Normally what is the difference reading between SAE & STD? Alot ???

The before E-Manage is tune by 1st tuner but after install E-Manage, it's a 2nd tuner to dyno/tune the car as 1st tuner is not working on that day. Previously 1st tuner already told me that he can't promise how many HP can increase after E-Manage install as he told me my engine stock without E-Manage, already had a good reading HP & he say might gain 1 or 2 HP only...But of coz after tune car will be smoother...:hmmmm:
OK then just have him print the sheet again with SAE C.F

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Hmm, Im still stepping on the ground...
For NA engine you spend RM1000 = 5-10hp
For Turbo engine you spend RM1000 = 50hp

What do you expect from E-Manage? and what E-Manage offer for you?
GReddy’s e-Manage is a cost effective programmable engine management system that allows you to properly tune your factory engine control without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit or the inconvenience of sending it out for a full ECU reprogram. The e-Manage system is a true universal "piggy-back" type unit that taps into most Japanese factory ECU wiring, by utilizing the vehicle’s existing sensors (or optional upgraded sensors if factory sensors are maxed out). The major benefit is the factory ECU settings become your "Base-MAP" for tuning. There is no need for extensive tuning for normal driving conditions, but does allow the tuner to fine tune, adjust for injector changes, and add new MAP(s) for situations the factory ECU is not capable of (like on-boost conditions). And as technological breakthroughs are achieved, we offer FREE updates via our greddy.com website’s Tech page. (copy from their website).. So we should not put high expectation to try this gadget..
Turbo spend RM1000 can get 50hp?...cannot la...15-20hp the most,depends on state of tune..i changed my downpipe only gained 5-6hp (with same boost before changing)....,if with ecu retune+a little bit higher boost should gain 15-20hp easily

For power to money spend ratio,turbo have the advantage..

For reliability,fuel economy,ease of maintenance,whack all the way..go for N/A

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
I agree that we don't expect much on this E-Manage for stock BT engine but it is good to have it as to fine tune our BT engine where after we mod piping, extractor, air-filter & etc.......Because our stock ECU is meant for everything stock but once we have do the above upgrades, we should have a piggyback management to fine tune our car.

My concern is not to gain 5-10Hp & 5-10 torque for my engine after install E-Manage. What I want is to make my car smoother with correct Air/Fuel tuning.

FYI, I have tested out that after install E-Manage, my petrol save abit where last time when I use on highway, cost me 16sen/km but now with E-Manage at highway, cost me 14sen plus/km. So in long term, it still save me & my car is in correct Air/Fuel....

Anyway, thanks for all bros on the comment & sharing info. Really appreciate it & I got to learn something extra new today. I will be going back to the tuner this weekend to print out the dyno graph with SAE reading. Will not expect much but at least same HP & Torque with my previous 1st graph or additional 1-2HP & 1-2 Torque.....

Will update you guys on the process later on....:biggrin:

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Hi guys,

I have got the SAE reading already. Please refer newly attached dyno graph.

1st graph - Before E-Manage
2nd graph - After E-Manage
3rd graph - Comparison between 1st & 2nd graph

Anyone here using E-Manage want to share their dyno graph as well? :biggrin:

Generally HP increase by 1.53 & torque increase by 0.11 only. Overall, still satisfy with it...

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Now this is correct comparison, :-)

Looks like you gain a lot on the mid range than at the peak,are you running on 'trumpets' before e-manage?

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
The increase is negligible, you could sell away your emanage 2nd hand. Sometimes to gain power its trial and error. The money you can fund towards a high cam. Or if you have alot of money, you could just wait till you get your hi cam. Furthermore I thought you said your emanage only run on ignition harness? No injector harness? So how come you said can tune your air fuel and make it more save petrol?

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
Yalo... fund for Hi cam better la... but Kelvin told me he wont go for Hicam in future... Im doubt it.hehehe..:P

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Now this is correct comparison, :-)

Looks like you gain a lot on the mid range than at the peak,are you running on 'trumpets' before e-manage?
Ya. I gain alot on the mid range where is good feel.
I run on internal IMEC Japan trumpets & use back my plenum with HKS air-filter before E-Manage as well...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Yalo... fund for Hi cam better la... but Kelvin told me he wont go for Hicam in future... Im doubt it.hehehe..:P
Wah. Bro. At last you speaking ah :p

High-cam? When play for internal we need to spend alot & yes, it's alot. More than RM10k...

High-cam, valve spring, cam-pulley, metal gasket & bla bla bla

As my car is a daily drive car. So won't go for so extensive mod...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

The increase is negligible, you could sell away your emanage 2nd hand. Sometimes to gain power its trial and error. The money you can fund towards a high cam. Or if you have alot of money, you could just wait till you get your hi cam. Furthermore I thought you said your emanage only run on ignition harness? No injector harness? So how come you said can tune your air fuel and make it more save petrol?
RM1.4k can fund towards high cam? I don't think so bro. Not only high cam. There is other need to include as well. Money of coz I have alot but not enough till millionare..Lolz...Joking only...

By the way, for your info, I have timing harness & it can run injector function as well. So no need injector harness..It really save abit on petrol. This is my 3rd E-Manage I have been using. Previously I used E-Manage on my RB20DET & SuperCharger as well.....:biggrin:

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
High cam for 20v costs more than 2.5k..

For E-manage,no need to have injector harness to adjust the fuel,the injector harness is only for sube injector,or want to add more fuel where the airflow adjustment map cannot cater for.For those running e-manage,its good to have ignition harness,because when you add fuel,timing will retard,when lean out fuel,timing will advance,an adjustment to the timing is needed.

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
I tot Ignition harness is standard harness when we buy emanage blue... injector harness is optional, about rm200++.... am i rite?

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
I tot Ignition harness is standard harness when we buy emanage blue... injector harness is optional, about rm200++.... am i rite?
Ya. You are right. It comes with ignition harness. Injector harness need to buy seperately if needed....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

High cam for 20v costs more than 2.5k..

For E-manage,no need to have injector harness to adjust the fuel,the injector harness is only for sube injector,or want to add more fuel where the airflow adjustment map cannot cater for.For those running e-manage,its good to have ignition harness,because when you add fuel,timing will retard,when lean out fuel,timing will advance,an adjustment to the timing is needed.
Haha....Sifu is correct....

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
e-manage blue comes with basic harness. if want ignition harness, need to top-up. if want injector harness, need to top-up also. some DIY'ers also managed to do their own ignition harness themselves. i also havent buy new set of EM blue. so dont know the price lah

Last edited:

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
about the price last two months i bought new set original em blue + ignition harness + 3bar map sensor for 1.5K. Install 150 and tune 300. that's all

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, just wanna know if any of you or your friends lost a BLUE Proton Wira.
If yes, please state out what it has on its' exterior mods...

Will tell you the location if it matches.

You may pm me if you want...

Cheers! :beer:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience