Food Talk...Eat, Eat & Eat.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The red flesh durian are jungle durian. To me not so tasty but then could be different variety again.
Just like the type of durian you mentioned, from kampung, D24 and Musang King. Variety is one thing, but depends a lot on the tree also. New trees that just bore fruits do not taste that good or taste of fruit not strong. The older it gets the better the fruits.
Learn this from my cousin who has a durian estate.
The other variety that is good, is Red Prawn (Hoong Har), Bamboo legs (Chok kiok), and (woo loh):biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Season ending liao, was one the last few weeks.....durian puffs also nice......:driver:
funny thing is that, how all these ppl differentiate what name or species of the durian? is not like musang king have fox tail on the durian lol

the best of course is musang king, but very expensive, I seldom buy.....the cheapest I found for D24 is at SS15 subang jaya next to KFC. rm5 per KG
SS2, RM10 eat all u can i think

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
the best of course is musang king, but very expensive, I seldom buy.....the cheapest I found for D24 is at SS15 subang jaya next to KFC. rm5 per KG
Nowadays I don't buy by kg. Sometimes the fruit not nice inside, not fully ripe etc.
Also for D24, some fruits curves so you get more skin then fruits.
If I buy durian I get from the old man in old town market. He sells by the Styrofoam box/packing, means he skins them, so you get the flesh only. He only sells the ripe ones, those not nice he either sells to kueh makers, or if real bad he throws away. Could be slightly more expensive but you get only the good stuffs and no worry throwing away the skin at home.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

My Sabah friend inform, it is luck for red durian as you said can be not tasty.

Wow Durian also like Wine or vinegar making, the longer the better. This is something new for me :biggrin:

do clarify me, when i was in bio class. My teacher informed that Durian trees are also being cloned to produce more of the same quality gene durian.

also Musang king? Does it mean Fox King? I remembered my friend said no...

Since ur cousin durian estate, how about the mutant durian? Which grows on the bark of the tree?

extrainfo: I remembered this dude who can eat disgusting things which was shown on TV (noticeable episode is the part where he ate the frog's beating heart) failed to eat durian. He vomit back and said the worst thing ever eaten.

but my fav was some American bragged and challenge himself to eat durian and insulted the durian fruit but once he tried he loved it. I will look for the both videos mention above
Never hear him say about mutant durian.
Yup, Mardi are doing it. In fact mix breed. D24 is the most successful one. D series are all Mardi clones. Already have many....

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

funny thing is that, how all these ppl differentiate what name or species of the durian? is not like musang king have fox tail on the durian lol

SS2, RM10 eat all u can i think
That is why they are sifu. Like me I can tell the model of most tyre by looking at the pattern.....hahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahaa:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SS2, RM10 what durian do you get? Kampung?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nowadays I don't buy by kg. Sometimes the fruit not nice inside, not fully ripe etc.
If I buy durian I get from the old man in old town market. He sells by the Styrofoam box/packing, means he skins them, so you get the flesh only. He only sells the ripe ones, those not nice he either sells to kueh makers, or if real bad he throws away. Could be slightly more expensive but you get only the good stuffs and no worry throwing away the skin at home.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Yup, Mardi are doing it. In fact mix breed. D24 is the most successful one. D series are all Mardi clones. Already have many....

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

That is why they are sifu. Like me I can tell the model of most tyre by looking at the pattern.....hahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahaa:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Those sifu is too hard to duplicate la. Durian pattern all almost same. Tyre pattern at least still human achievable. But differentiate durian base on the pattern of the thorns I think must be god :rofl: already

I dunno what durian but a lot say it sucks HAHA! But always full house, so got to try it urself to find out. Maybe RM10 is for the normal quality one to bring in crowd. Then have different prices for Musang King Or monkey king...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Those sifu is too hard to duplicate la. Durian pattern all almost same. Tyre pattern at least still human achievable. But differentiate durian base on the pattern of the thorns I think must be god :rofl: already

I dunno what durian but a lot say it sucks HAHA! But always full house, so got to try it urself to find out. Maybe RM10 is for the normal quality one to bring in crowd. Then have different prices for Musang King Or monkey king...
Some can, One sifu taught me how to see D24, but other not too sure.....:biggrin:
Means they sifu can tell them apart....

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site

SS2 Durian? always like fullhouse there

Yes I also buy from makcik the durian in the syrofoam.

Well dont get me wrong.. Durian rosak can be fermented to be Tempoyak or mix with belacan !!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
All I know is Musang King has a Jannifer Lopez buttock, like this,
Got Star shape mark on the butt...no wonder is celebrity butt...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
unker VR2,
u mean the corner of old town? beside ah kok aquarium? seen quite a lot of ppl there.
Yup, in front of the aquarium. He normally opens in the afternoon at around 4pm, sometimes earlier, and most of the time sell out by 8pm. Musang king much earlier, but I also cut down on Musang king as they can be priced at 2x D24....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Got Star shape mark on the butt...no wonder is celebrity butt...
Read more here.....:driver:
Year of the Durian: How to Identify Musang King and D24

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Yup, in front of the aquarium. He normally opens in the afternoon at around 4pm, sometimes earlier, and most of the time sell out by 8pm. Musang king much earlier, but I also cut down on Musang king as they can be priced at 2x D24....:banghead:

Read more here.....:driver:
Year of the Durian: How to Identify Musang King and D24
thanx man !!!

the linked help me..

my chinese friends said this instead of Musang King "Mao Shan Wang" !!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
thanx man !!!

the linked help me..

my chinese friends said this instead of Musang King "Mao Shan Wang" !!
Cuz that's the name in chinese for Fox haha

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
aiyaaa this thread dead again.

Not in the eating mood ke? :biggrin:

Recently i read the star votings are on for Satay, so best place instead of Kajang??

I heard this satay celup is getting famous in Melaka

Also how about Nyonya food?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
aiyaaa this thread dead again.

Not in the eating mood ke? :biggrin:

Recently i read the star votings are on for Satay, so best place instead of Kajang??

I heard this satay celup is getting famous in Melaka

Also how about Nyonya food?
Ya haha! Best place for Satay is Sri Sinar, Kepong haha! The sauce and satay really not bad but got one that has been running its business for more than 20 years or more and located at Taman Ehsan, not sure the exact location. Every time birthday party, my uncle will order from him. I would say is better than the so called best Kajang Satay. No longer taste that good. Maybe due to years of experience in making Satays.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi..i need advise ... my car toyota corona st150 1.8cc year 1986. which engine can fit in to my car?????tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience