Preve having problem uphill over 30% gradient?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Campro gearbox RM14,000? Are u serious? What are they? Getrag gearbox? You know.. there's something like mudah.com.my wher
Probably gearbox at Punch factory is sold for RM9000. But the deal brokered by an agent so Proton buys it for RM14,000 lor....

You would be surprised the amount of part companies who have only 1 client, Proton. You wonder how they survive when they sell only 1 item to 1 client.

Even big part companies like Denso and NGK have more than 1 client.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, in the letter it's already mentioned that Proton also test other cars there and the result also cannot climb!
First time I read this in the Lowyat forum, I was laughing! As bad as I thought Proton was, I never thought something as hilarious like this can happen!:rofl:
My Persona has no problem la. I saw many Personas up in Genting too.
Tak kan helicopter dropped them. :rofl:

Sigh, I was still quite supportive. Now with the Punch, probably never anymore. Unless 6MT.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's a blatant lie. I know an owner of Exora CFE who had his gearbox changed. Unless Exora Campro Turbos aren't using the same Punch gearbox (which they are), yup, they are straight lying to your face.

Not i say. Its punch say. But they had nothing to say when someone highlighted that someone just had their gb repaired the week before.

Thats why they used 4.1 on these claimants. "You modified your car therefore warranty void". Modified is very vague for these jokers. You change battery not done by proton means its modified

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
Not i say. Its punch say. But they had nothing to say when someone highlighted that someone just had their gb repaired the week before.

Thats why they used 4.1 on these claimants. "You modified your car therefore warranty void". Modified is very vague for these jokers. You change battery not done by proton means its modified
dis is what happened to my uncle's preve. we were at desaru on sunday for a wedding and his battery went flat. we cant find any jumpers around thus opted to find spare part shop for a battery. got the new battery at petronas, it was the last piece. fuuhh.

problem persisted til the following monday his car couldnt start the next morning again in KL with the new battery. jumped and sent to proton to check. guess what, the peeps over in proton said "warranty voided cos tukar battery lain".

i was like WTF, middle of desaru and u expect to send it to proton too? gila ah!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
dis is what happened to my uncle's preve. we were at desaru on sunday for a wedding and his battery went flat. we cant find any jumpers around thus opted to find spare part shop for a battery. got the new battery at petronas, it was the last piece. fuuhh.

problem persisted til the following monday his car couldnt start the next morning again in KL with the new battery. jumped and sent to proton to check. guess what, the peeps over in proton said "warranty voided cos tukar battery lain".

i was like WTF, middle of desaru and u expect to send it to proton too? gila ah!
:rofl:

Padan la..who ask him buy Proton...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I took my myvi to P2 to claim warranty on disc rotor and got it done without any question being asked. I just mentioned that the brake is not that good anymore and feeling spongy.

They skimmed the discs, changed the brake pads and bleed the fluid even though:
1. The brake didnt wobble when applied, only feeling spongy
2. I've changed rims
3. DIY braided brake hoses are there
4. Suspension changed

If Proton rejected the warranty because of petty reasons, well that's 1 more reason why you should "buy" proton, other than feeding mahathir

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Campro gearbox RM14,000? Are u serious? What are they? Getrag gearbox? You know.. there's something like mudah.com.my where we can actually survey the market price of it.( i think most of the ZTH member browse it).
And btw.. try google something about CVT gearbox.. there are few articles even in wikipedia stating that the CVT gearbox are CHEAPER to be produce compared to the old school auto and manual gearbox. CVT lowers the cost of production thus making the car company earn more but providing a better 'feeling' gearbox without u all even knowing the true cost behind CVT. I really don't get it why CVt gearbox as you state would cost that much because they are cheaper to be made and also they cannot handle high torque (some of them).
Lastly, i may not be that smart in cars.. but i do know, if something is called cheap or affordable, it wouldn't be a front page news. The story of the minister (Terengganu) changing the gearbox for more than RM10,000 came out in front of the news paper and it became an issue.:smokin: During that time in 2008, some state that the price of a gearbox should be RM8000 - 9000 for a perdana V6 gearbox. Not more than RM10,000.
its in the part list..

mudah got new gearbox eh?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
jgn la mcm tu taikor ixeo. he did it to himself.. but i believe shouldnt be that way right?
It shouldn't be that way, but Malaysia boleh ma.

Toyota cannot do that? Proton can!

Got a Proton Inspira at home also, I can only :banghead: when talking about Proton service.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Oh yeah i did forgot about the FLX.. I don't know about that car..never driven or ride even once wither the BLM or FLX. but i prefer the BLM.. looks nicer i guess..
It's not about being patriotic or not man but its a fact, i'm just writting out what i think about proton cars ever since they start. And IMO, i really do think that the suprima S tail light is sexay.. it may look sexy too me.. Different people different views.. Same thing goes IF u say miley cyrus is hot, while i say she's not.
No i dont hate the car or the design. But i hate the person who presented it that day who is hisham othman who brags about the ass n brags about the LED n also the boot space which is 427 litres n tells "want more boot space? get urself a lorry!"

Just giving Suprima a bad name. It is like you are presenting your assignment with no feel and energy and making the lecturers hating you.

About the UiTM story, yep it suddenly reminded me (2006 incident).. bcoz it was in class (b4 class starts) i was watching Top Gear which a ZTH shared and the guys behind notice and said "ko gi mampus lah ini Malaysia!! xde semangat patriotic langsung, baik ko mati kat indon!" and this became issue to the guys in my class who thought i was anti Malaysian instead i was watching a top gear video.

That's the reality our people dont want to swallow the facts but swallow the rumours easily... like one issue recently

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've been reading some forums, mainly on how to improve or gain up more torque on early / low rpm band. some suprise finding, there r plp suggesting about upgrading cam.

all the while, i only know changing cam will widen up your torque band, but in this case, can it also adjust or mod into the way that gain more torque in early rpm band but sacrisfice on high/later rpm band?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience