Bad Experience @ HupShun Tyre shop - Bandar Sunway

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Maybe because you first timer not wearing specs, check first whether you need or not?.....:smokin:
Wearing already that time haha! Just want to check on my eye power.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Wearing already that time haha! Just want to check on my eye power.

Since when theres such a thing? I went it my whole life, all foc.

Update-

Went back to Hup Shun after a week plus, requested to do a rebalancing.

Because i hit a deep pothole at traffic light <5kmh. Why the weight so easily came off?
They happily did it. Even reshine and recheck pressure lol.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Because i hit a deep pothole at traffic light <5kmh. Why the weight so easily came off?
For free? In the end was it a balancing issue?

Just a note to everyone : The TS shared his own experience with this shop and that's that. No need to make him feel like a pariah just because you guys had a better experience than him with the shop. You had a good experience, good for you. Maybe they are treating you better because of the TS's complaint here. You'll never know.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

Just a note to everyone : The TS shared his own experience with this shop and that's that. No need to make him feel like a pariah just because you guys had a better experience than him with the shop. You had a good experience, good for you. Maybe they are treating you better because of the TS's complaint here. You'll never know.
like a bawse :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Since when theres such a thing? I went it my whole life, all foc.
Which kind of eye test 1st? If u say using just the machine outside the shop where you place your head on. That's free.

If it is more detail eye checking where they take you into a room, that's the one that I was charged. I went to Cosway optical also they want to charge, I went to Sungai Wang, all also charging. Unless you were once a customer there. But the one that I usually go, already closed down.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Update-

Sure the weight came off?

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Well, he just changed tyres there, so should be free to redo if the tyres still vibrate. Of course don't tell them you hit pothole etc. etc., just complaint still vibrate....:biggrin:

No lah brother, we not making him feel pariah. I had not been there for quite a few years and went with bro. SC upon his request. Was pleasant in a way that the boss still remembers me. I understand TS problem he face, as I do not like to talk or negotiate with his workers also and I think still get best deal by talking to the boss. In fact all tyres shops I deal with I negotiate with the bosses....:driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I am just sharing my own experiences too?

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Which kind of eye test 1st? If u say using just the machine outside the shop where you place your head on. That's free.

If it is more detail eye checking where they take you into a room, that's the one that I was charged. I went to Cosway optical also they want to charge, I went to Sungai Wang, all also charging. Unless you were once a customer there. But the one that I usually go, already closed down.
Ohhhh, okay. Those I only do when I make specs.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I am just sharing my own experiences too?

Ohhhh, okay. Those I only do when I make specs.

:listen: Cuz gf sister is working in specs shop in singapore. Can get cheaper ma :biggrin:
Anyway back to topic haha!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yep. Now vibration from the back. Sigh.
And yes, its free.
I don't think you know where the vibration is coming from. The rear tyres were not touched, right?
Let me ask you, how the vibration being felt, or can explain what/how is the vibration?:smokin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I don't think you know where the vibration is coming from. The rear tyres were not touched, right?
Let me ask you, how the vibration being felt, or can explain what/how is the vibration?:smokin:
Okay, when i hit the pothhole, I hit it with my 2 left tyres, front and back.
My steering judder very badly going beyond 100km/h.
After ytd rebalanced, my steering doesnt judder anymore even at 130km/h.
Today I felt my ass is shaking, suspect behind balance ciao also.
But its at the back so i'm not worried/annoyed. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Okay, when i hit the pothhole, I hit it with my 2 left tyres, front and back.
My steering judder very badly going beyond 100km/h.
After ytd rebalanced, my steering doesnt judder anymore even at 130km/h.
Today I felt my ass is shaking, suspect behind balance ciao also.
But its at the back so i'm not worried/annoyed. :biggrin:
Means your whole car shaking? Then yes, rear tyre off balance but can feel only at quite high speed. Maybe rims dented also....:smokin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Doesn't feel that deep or big weh.
Feels like normal pothhole, I even faced worse ones.
But they held up. Normally what do they use to stick the weights?
I realized Hup Shun is like using foam double sided tapes.
All using double sided tape leh! If not, how to stick, apply rubber glue ah! then need time to dry....hahahaha

The stick on weights are used in alloy rims. Especially those the rims edge do not allow the hammer on weights. Anyway, hammer on weights will scratch the rims. hard to wash the rims and will look ugly. Normally they stick just behind the rim spokes. For the inside normally they use hammer on weights. If they use stick on ones then they will be located at the rim edge top side.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
All using double sided tape leh! If not, how to stick, apply rubber glue ah! then need time to dry....hahahaha

The stick on weights are used in alloy rims. Especially those the rims edge do not allow the hammer on weights. Anyway, hammer on weights will scratch the rims. hard to wash the rims and will look ugly. Normally they stick just behind the rim spokes. For the inside normally they use hammer on weights. If they use stick on ones then they will be located at the rim edge top side.
Yeap, noticed that.
Just now, kena poth holes on my left 2 tyres again, at SS2. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

fren,

my dashboard alredi making a noise like have a "tikus" inside there...
maybe there are something loosee...
where to get wshop that can settle this?

my ears cant hear that "tikuss"......... :( :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience