(WTB) where can find 1.6 lantis a/cond compressor?

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
i thought aircond shop also get from spare part shop one....?....
haha.......not sure than....sorry if created confussion.

clitmaster

Jul 27, 2005
Subang
got my compressor repaired yesterday. changed the clucth bearing as it was giving humming noises, changed the magneic clutch coil as it was cracked. now it's working again... phew.... hope this will last me for another few more years...

engineer1

Known Member
Sep 25, 2004
Qatar
clitmaster said:
got my compressor repaired yesterday. changed the clucth bearing as it was giving humming noises, changed the magneic clutch coil as it was cracked. now it's working again... phew.... hope this will last me for another few more years...
how much it cost u? are u re-condition the compressor?

clitmaster

Jul 27, 2005
Subang
I didn't get a re-conditioned unit. Repaired the existing one. Can't remember exactly how much it cost because I left the receipt at home but it's about rm90 for magnetic clutch coil, rm58 for clutch bearing & rm60.00 for the receiver dryer.
Then there're additional charges for vacumming, refilling the gas, o-rings, compressor oil, labour. Oh.. & I had to my oil pressure switch too because it was leaking. Had to changed it as it was located at a position where you'll have to change it now or change next time I go air for cond service again, because it's directly above the compressor. You'll have to remove the compressor to change it.
All adds up to RM350.00. Had it done at Taman Mayang Jaya, forgotten the shop name but it's same row as Stuttgard at the corner, it's with Denso signboards.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
clit.....did u asked the quatation of a new or re-cond compressor over that shop?.....
was it still cheaper by servicing it rather than change the whole thing?

clitmaster

Jul 27, 2005
Subang
i did not asked for re-conditioned unit, as I won't know how good or "re-conditioned" it will be. A new one would cost RM1,200.00 including labour, dryer, gas etc.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
ooohhh.....great to hear that u solved ur problem.........

engineer1

Known Member
Sep 25, 2004
Qatar
b00n said:
ooohhh.....great to hear that u solved ur problem.........
lucky for him lorr.. btw, i got sms from 1 guy yesterday offering me a compressor becoz he is converting somebody car to v6. dunno whose car!!

on the other things, what the humming sound did clit mean? mine also when idling with the aircond on will sound whistling. tot from the belt coz last time power steering hose leak and the fluid dripping on it. more or less, damaging the belt. am i right?

clitmaster

Jul 27, 2005
Subang
i would say it's not actually humming sound, but kind of like grinding sound. it happens whenever the aircond is switched off. changing the bearings did the solution for that.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
it's better u guys could meet up and maybe will get a better clearer idea on the details if there's something to look at instead of guessing ler....
just a suggestion.
just got to know a couple of ppl converting engines; but I dun think the compressor would be changed though. It would still be using bak the old compressor.
Like some of the mechs said; try and re-modified the tapak or something......

supershah

Known Member
Apr 21, 2006
clitmaster said:
it's about rm90 for magnetic clutch coil, rm58 for clutch bearing & rm60.00 for the receiver dryer.

Clit,
1.Hows your compressor performing now??? Coolness? quiteness on n off?
2.Its very interesting ler, what is magnetic clutch coil & clutch bearing in the compressor n its location?

Engineer,
Just my 2 cents bro, if u can get the compressor from the guy in RM50 or less then good to keep, if its more , i'm thinking its just the guy try to make money for a compressor that we dont know how long will last. Better u do like Clit do.

clitmaster

Jul 27, 2005
Subang
shah,
so far so good. but it's only been 2 days since i repaired it. so i'll have to wait and see how far it can go. magnetic clutch coil looks like a disc (with a hole in the middle) or rather a thick ring. i think this one engages & disengages each time u switch on the the air cond. not sure where the location of the bearing is though. all this while i was searching for someone who can try to repair the compressor first, rather than changing the whole thing. i've been to many air-cond shop & it's frustrating when all they can say is tukar compressor-lah, without even taking a closer look. some even say have to tukar the air cond coil also... celaka betoi...

engineer1

Known Member
Sep 25, 2004
Qatar
Engineer,
Just my 2 cents bro, if u can get the compressor from the guy in RM50 or less then good to keep, if its more , i'm thinking its just the guy try to make money for a compressor that we dont know how long will last. Better u do like Clit do.
[/quote]

agree with u. will consider this also. u tought can get 50 bucks ka? he he he

engineer1

Known Member
Sep 25, 2004
Qatar
b00n said:
it's better u guys could meet up and maybe will get a better clearer idea on the details if there's something to look at instead of guessing ler....
just a suggestion.

agree also... a lot of things to ask from u guys

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,

Need some help here.
Recently I've changed engine kosong (just block and head) from 4G92P to 4G93 SOHC.
Everything else remain stock from 4G92P.
This is originally a Wira 1.6 manual.
Right now I can only hit 300km/38L(about RM80) as compared to easily 500km/38L when it was still using the 4G92P.
New spark plugs were white (too lean) after 1 month.
I tried driving with extreme decency (shift below 3000rpm and cruise at around 80-100km/h only) but still unable to hit past...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience