Wira manual clutch plate

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

limking

How can one know when the clutch plate gonna wear out ? Any symtoms that can identify with without dismantling the clutch to see ?:hmmmm:
Is the 1.3 clutch and the 1.5 clutch the same size ? The most auto parts shop guys said yes but mech said the opposite .It seemed that the 1.3 clutch is 0.5 inches smaller according to mech , so which is which ?
Let said if the 1.3 clutch set is replaced with a 1.6 clutch set , do we have to replace the flywheel to a bigger one as well ( Super Touring )?If get a Super Touring flywheel then skim 0.5 kg off , will the low and mid torque gain in performance and high end torque and up hill performance be lack ? Any other means to upgrade the low , mid and high end torque performance equally ? Meaning only gain and without any loss in performance ?
What the outcome that we can gain from this little mod , meaning the positive and negative aspects of the mod as well ?:hmmmm:

Last edited:
4g13/15 clutch is the same size

did u have slipping issues with the ori clutch? if not then i would stick with the ori clutch, and perhaps lighten/balance slightly the original flywheel to get a more responsive engine, save money as well

just my 2 sen

1.3/1.5 clutch plate same size..if want to use 1.6 clutch plate, can use supertouring one or can send standard flywheel to machinery shop to drill in new stopper/stud according to 1.6 clutch size..supertouring or modify standard flywheel, either one you choose still need a visit to machinery shop..supertouring to skimmed it to recommended weight, or for standard flywheel as i mentioned above..now you need to decide yourself..to check if your clutch plate worn out badly, engaged third gear from neutral, try to roll the car..if the engine choking2 like wanna die when your lightly released the clutch pedal, your clutch plate is still ok, but if the engine rev high but the car not moving or moving slowly, it's time to change your clutch plate..

Bump: oh, about the mods, if put on the st flywheel as it is, uphill performance will drop a bit if your engine not powerful enough..better skim lighter..potong habis pun st flywheel still heavier than standard flywheel..the positive gain is you save petrol at higher speed than standard at flat surface..that is from my experience..

I agree with the sifus especially on saving money..I am also a cheapskate...Actually I have seen guys using the mivec clutches from kedai potong.

But not sure from which model.

Will try to find out.

Lightening the flywheel would be a good idea but please becareful with the material quantity you are removing it from your stock flywheel. It might crack, shatters and saw its way through firewall to your legs... :rofl:

Get an aftermarket lightweight if budget allows. :love:

Erm...just a newbie here...how to see if my clutch slipping ?? recently i start to get the feeling of my 3rd gear no power already...last time when i rev high on high way..my 1st gear can reach 50 -> 2nd gear 80 -> 3rd gear 120 -> 4th 150-160 -> 5th slowly climb....

now..3rd gear 100 oso got abit prob edi...what should i do ??? sifus helpp :banghead:

Erm...just a newbie here...how to see if my clutch slipping ?? recently i start to get the feeling of my 3rd gear no power already...last time when i rev high on high way..my 1st gear can reach 50 -> 2nd gear 80 -> 3rd gear 120 -> 4th 150-160 -> 5th slowly climb....

now..3rd gear 100 oso got abit prob edi...what should i do ??? sifus helpp :banghead:

ur 1st gear still can reach 50??... if yes, shouldnt be clutch slip...

sifu walker :
really can wor....now i dun have RPM yet...but from driving feel..i think rpm omost reach 6k edi..:thefinger: wanna get my car service this weekend..what else should i ask the mechanic to check out for me ???

But slipping is means wat ??? still cant understand fully actually...:confused:

Bump: sifu walker :
really can wor....now i dun have RPM yet...but from driving feel..i think rpm omost reach 6k edi..:thefinger: wanna get my car service this weekend..what else should i ask the mechanic to check out for me ???

sifu walker :

clutch slipping means ur clutch plate not gripping onto the flywheel lor... means it is jumping/sliding.... cannot grip ur flywheel properly....

When it cannot grip, engine power cannot be transmitted to your drivetrain...

So, engine rev up but car still slow...

Bump: When it cannot grip, engine power cannot be transmitted to your drivetrain...

So, engine rev up but car still slow...

ooo...know i understand...den i confirm mine sure slipping already....:banghead: this week rave party in Bukit Tinggi !! :thefinger: next week onli go service car...sad...

Bump: ooo...know i understand...den i confirm mine sure slipping already....:banghead: this week rave party in Bukit Tinggi !! :thefinger: next week onli go service car...sad...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom