Wira 1.6 auto ECU problem

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Hi guys,

I'm helping my old man out to sort out his wira ECU problem. I think part of the ECU is fried or at the least the air/fuel control module. We've eliminated all other possibilities except for the ECU because u know what, it cant read anything when running on diagnostic device.. If u guys have any spare that I can test it on his car, please let me know. Then of course i will buy la if confirm that's the problem..heheh..cheap2 sudah la..haha.

u can see the part number here:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/looking-for/324469-looking-for-wira-auto-ecu-1-6-a.html

Appreciate ur help! Thanks! Location: Kelana jaya or Klang valley :)

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
u also can use wira 1.8sohc n perdana sei ecu's.. (but better with perdana sei ecu) oredy test.. i also use wira 1.6 auto (but now manual edi hehe)
perdana 4464
1.8sohc 7781
Thanks for the info bro but for my old man's comfort sake, he'll most probably prefer a similar unit with the same part number. Thanks anyway!

If any of u have one spare out there, pls let me know..thanks! :)

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
its hard to get the same one.. but good luck in ur finding..
Yea very hard. In fact i cant find any with the same number. The ECU in a satria with a 1.6 soch auto engine doesnt have the same number as the wira 1.6 soch auto....proton's part numbers are very weird..heh.. No offense but i drive a toyota so i dont really know much about my father's wira. :D

If it was up to me, i would just try plugging any proton and see if it works. Heheh..

Just wanna confirm this:

1. The engine ECU is located behind the center console on the floor, correct?
2. Is it okay if I get an ECU from a 1.6 soch auto engine but with different part number? Would the wiring harness fit without any problem?
3. Amad, based on ur experience, any difference using the SEi ecu? Maybe i can persuade my old man to give it a shot..haha..

Thanks and appreciate ur input! :)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, i owned a wira 1.3 injections year of makin 2003. the car was using semi synthetic oil since the start n never missed an oil changing schedule. Recently, the car have a few problems. Early morning when i start the engine, the idling were not stable even after it has been warm up. And the dashboard meter showed an "engine check" sign even when i start to drive the car. After a few hrs of driving and park it with engine still running, there is a scent of petrol humes from the exhaust...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience