Why Bahasa Melayu is Not Suitable for Science & Maths

ham_m2

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com
well its good to start studying maths n science in english from primary level...Then when you went to University it wont be a problem...
But some said,we must make it back into Bahasa Melayu as we need our younger generation to like our bahasa melayu...or else they might forget their own language...
Some say we are being dominated by American coz we want everybody to speak in english...

But what i can say is that,whether we learn maths n science in english or malay,it doesnt matter if we dont really like English language we cant learn anything...

Like in my working area which is Hotel Industry,we all have to speak english...Sadly i can see that lots of Malay student cant really speak english...Until one of my friend ask me,"Takkan takde hotel cakap dlm bahasa melayu?"(Sorry its written in malay)Then i say,where got...English is the only language that we use in hotel world...
Lots of my malay friends said,They dont really hav the interest in learning english...
So how can they really speak and write in english if they dont really have the interest in learning english?
Even if the government put every subject in school to teach in english,the government still wont achieve their target...

Its the student interest that matters...

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Bump:

If half of your classmates score A1 in English, you can laugh as much as you can.
Lol ..obviously more than half ..95% atleast ..:biggrin:

Bump:
well its good to start studying maths n science in english from primary level...Then when you went to University it wont be a problem...
But some said,we must make it back into Bahasa Melayu as we need our younger generation to like our bahasa melayu...or else they might forget their own language...
Some say we are being dominated by American coz we want everybody to speak in english...

But what i can say is that,whether we learn maths n science in english or malay,it doesnt matter if we dont really like English language we cant learn anything...

Like in my working area which is Hotel Industry,we all have to speak english...Sadly i can see that lots of Malay student cant really speak english...Until one of my friend ask me,"Takkan takde hotel cakap dlm bahasa melayu?"(Sorry its written in malay)Then i say,where got...English is the only language that we use in hotel world...
Lots of my malay friends said,They dont really hav the interest in learning english...
So how can they really speak and write in english if they dont really have the interest in learning english?
Even if the government put every subject in school to teach in english,the government still wont achieve their target...

Its the student interest that matters...
Yeah ..you got a point there .. It is based on their personalities actually .. I am not disgracing of insulting or anything towards my statement .. For instance , the mandarin speaking students , the foreign students from China , Korea , Africa , India in my class are trying their very best to learn in english ..How is this so ,that they actually TRY to speak in english , write in english , uses a dictionary devices as a guide ..Some of you might say , that " Indirectly they are forced to learn or speak or write in english in order to get a cert " but , to think twice , they could just go to a college or university of their own which is based on their own language .. :driver:

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
it's ok lar, just put in more effort and you can cope with it. I was from the BM era too, it all depends on your commitment towards your study.

Don't shoot me... :vroam:
Bro i won't shoot u lar, here is just a place we make discussion not shooting ppl around, we all on the same page wut...... Nobody is right or wrong :smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

since there are so many replica or fake fuel regulator selling at RM1xx on the market..anyone have any experience on them?

pls give your feedback on these regulator if u have used them....

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience