Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Why suddenly ABS indicator popped up?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Hi sifu, any idea on this? Means my ABS system faulty or something wrong with my car? Btw, my ride is 2012 Exora Bold CFE... :confused:

Hi sifu, any idea on this? Means my ABS system faulty or something wrong with my car? Btw, my ride is 2012 Exora Bold CFE... :confused:

Faulty ABS. Another method to see if ABS is working or not is to test it. Find a safe road, drive up to 40-50kmh then slam the brake hard. If the pedal and brake vibrate then ABS is working. If the tyre skid that means you are bringing back the car to SC.

My friend's Saga FL had the same problem before.

Did you check the brake oil level? Check to see if the connector at the master cylinder is properly connected. Loosen connectors is common in Protons.

If all is ok, just bring it back to Proton for warranty. If no warranty go to a mech for diagnosis. If not mistaken, ABS will only trigger if you're at 90km/h and above when you jam brake.

Danz,
You have mentioned in another thread that washing engine bay may cause ABS problem. How is that?

is the abs module is not covered properly it may cause the abs to malfunction, very common in proton cars.
especially engine washed by roadside car wash, the best is to cover the abs module with aluminum foil properly.

Did you check the brake oil level? Check to see if the connector at the master cylinder is properly connected. Loosen connectors is common in Protons.

If all is ok, just bring it back to Proton for warranty. If no warranty go to a mech for diagnosis. If not mistaken, ABS will only trigger if you're at 90km/h and above when you jam brake.

Abs will kick in at low speed,around 20+- kmh,less than that no abs

Thanks all the advice given.
1. Will check on the brake fluid level and also the connector
2. Try to test the e-brake after work
3. If anything wrong, then is time to 'burn money'...:banghead:

no la...kick in when there is uneven rotation if not mistaken. 50kmh can skid already if the floor is wet

Thanks all the advice given.
1. Will check on the brake fluid level and also the connector
2. Try to test the e-brake after work
3. If anything wrong, then is time to 'burn money'...:banghead:

2 years only, not covered by warranty?

no la...kick in when there is uneven rotation if not mistaken. 50kmh can skid already if the floor is wet

2 years only, not covered by warranty?

I'm forgot on the warranty time frame. 2/3 years probably... but still kena labour charge mah...:banghead:

Its the ABS sensor.
No need to check,same problem with the bold in my family.
Already claim twice.
If not mistaken its the sensor at the front.

its covered by the warranty.
and...in my casr.no labour charge.

Its the ABS sensor.
No need to check,same problem with the bold in my family.
Already claim twice.
If not mistaken its the sensor at the front.

its covered by the warranty.
and...in my casr.no labour charge.

Thanks for the info bro... can I go to authorized WS to settle this or must have to go to CS?:confused:

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Sorry, I mean SC... blur edy...

Thanks for the info bro... can I go to authorized WS to settle this or must have to go to CS?:confused:

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Sorry, I mean SC... blur edy...

Before you do, check for loose connections. Sometimes a simple solution will save a lot of time with SC

just go to sc and claim.
the sensor itself is faulty.probably not up to quality.however only few are affected.guess they improved the sensor then.
fyi the bold at my house is one of the earlier batch.

i prefer sc as authorised sc wont carry part most of the time.bigger sc have chance that they might have stock.if not just ask them to order.should arrive within a week.

dont worry,normal brake is still functioning as usual.only abs is not available.

just go to sc and claim.
the sensor itself is faulty.probably not up to quality.however only few are affected.guess they improved the sensor then.
fyi the bold at my house is one of the earlier batch.

i prefer sc as authorised sc wont carry part most of the time.bigger sc have chance that they might have stock.if not just ask them to order.should arrive within a week.

dont worry,normal brake is still functioning as usual.only abs is not available.

Just went to SC and bingo, no stock and need to wait for it... now driving like:slug:

Is the abs indicator light-up together with the handbrake lamp? (Even after u fully-release the handbrake). if yes, u need to scan your ECU to find the problem. If only the abs light on, most probably the sensor is dirty. The sensor is not easily fault. It actually a magnet which will collect any "metal dust" around it and finally fully covered the surface and make it unable to collect enough signal for ecu. Drive around after u cleaned it then the light will go off once ECU receive a correct signal from the sensor.

Just went to SC and bingo, no stock and need to wait for it... now driving like:slug:

No worries bro..just drive like normal. Use the conventional Aku Brek Sendiri and drive cautiously :biggrin:

Old cars got no ABS and many survived that era so no problem haha. So did they tell you what is the problem?

No worries bro..just drive like normal. Use the conventional Aku Brek Sendiri and drive cautiously :biggrin:

Old cars got no ABS and many survived that era so no problem haha. So did they tell you what is the problem?

SC: apa pasal boss?
Me: ABS indicator dok nyala lepas I start kereta I.
SC: keta apa?
Me: Exora Bold CFE
SC: oh, sensor yang kacau... xpi kami x dak stok, kena order dulu...
Me: confirm sensor yg kacau? dlm warranty lg kan? bila sampai?
SC: no worry boss, kami ada rekod dan kami akan call u bila part dah sampai nnt
Me: keta ni blh bawa lagi ke? x dak kacau apa2 ke?
SC: bawa blh bawa, cuma ABS x leh fungsi je...

Ok, like you said... Aku Break Sendiri... :rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Is the abs indicator light-up together with the handbrake lamp? (Even after u fully-release the handbrake). if yes, u need to scan your ECU to find the problem. If only the abs light on, most probably the sensor is dirty. The sensor is not easily fault. It actually a magnet which will collect any "metal dust" around it and finally fully covered the surface and make it unable to collect enough signal for ecu. Drive around after u cleaned it then the light will go off once ECU receive a correct signal from the sensor.

Just the ABS indicator light on... SC declared this is like common issue and I'm just wonder, why Proton do not call back for repair since they knew the issue? Or this is design issue from Proton?:smokin:

Top Bottom