Which Plug Cables u recommend?

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
huakenny thx...

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
How about normal thick cable + spark bootster?

eg Hot Wire 9.2mm silicone (rm65) + Stromberg (about rm200) / SuperSpark (about rm150) (both sell in zth) / MSD (much more expensive)

Isn't that would be better spark & combustion compare to just change to a set of expensive branded plug cables?

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
donCityZ said:
huakenny u are wrong.

my city D15 engine have distributor and plug cables. mine is 2001 city not new one.

so nobody can recommend good and affordable (RM200-300) performance plug cables??

sien aaa...
just go and get NGK.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
siangmh said:
How about normal thick cable + spark bootster?

eg Hot Wire 9.2mm silicone (rm65) + Stromberg (about rm200) / SuperSpark (about rm150) (both sell in zth) / MSD (much more expensive)

Isn't that would be better spark & combustion compare to just change to a set of expensive branded plug cables?

how much of air fuel mixture u expect to burn? Until u need a so high voltage/current for ur spark plug to ignite it?

If ur car s stock/minor mod...no points to go so extreme....wont help much...

my2cent

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
huakeny u know how to check whether the cable is degrading or not?
during idling, i touch the cable all areas dont feel any shock.. means still good?
other way to check it?

for me, i oso think brand new stock is probably the best. but since ori Honda stock is quite expensive.. im looking for others. but if not necessary to change, i oso dowan to chg. (waste money).. better i chg muffler first... or other thing.

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
huakenny said:
how much of air fuel mixture u expect to burn? Until u need a so high voltage/current for ur spark plug to ignite it?

If ur car s stock/minor mod...no points to go so extreme....wont help much...

my2cent
Hi sifu huakenny :regular_smile:

Is it even normal A/F ratio also cannot hit 100% combustion? as indicate in carbon stick on the camber & plugs.....

So increase spark shld lead to better (if not 100%) combustion right? shld there be improved combustion than before, isn't it lead to better power?

Or is it the margin of improvement is too little to be ignore?

thanks bro, me really question child :embaressed_smile:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
I found a website with useful information... with dyno testing and all.

check it out:

http://www.tprmag.com/issue/4/4_wires.shtml

SO.. HPPC Does improve BHP.. but at very high rpm >5k rpm...

The review even include NGK Spark Plug Cable...

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
but frankly speaking, without heavy mod, even u change to nology u wont actually feel the diff. If u could actually feel the diff, then must be your old cable not function well already. sometimes high performance cable will even cause interference with your stereo.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
evoX2 said:
but frankly speaking, without heavy mod, even u change to nology u wont actually feel the diff. If u could actually feel the diff, then must be your old cable not function well already. sometimes high performance cable will even cause interference with your stereo.
yea..sacrifice ur radio...listen cd lo..... :p

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
u got see or not the link?

http://www.tprmag.com/issue/4/4_wires.shtml

it says most branded ones will hv sufficient EMI (not effect to radio/ECU).
my fren using NGK.. its good. another fren used BRISK.. oso good..
so i guess im finally gonna buy Brisk cable.

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
actually i am using ngk. no interference with radio. but sometimes buying parts cant totally based on the spec as advertised, its better have someone really experiece it and it might perform differently for each engine as well.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ten days of restlessness. That was the sort of anticipation I had to endure; counting down the days before I finally got the chance to go up and personal with a LP560. We had initially made arrangements to have the shoot on a Saturday evening, so when Mr. Z called me on Thursday to ask if we could reschedule to Friday, I agreed.

We started the shoot at the basement of a car park, and for the first time, I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience