Which First?

beyond

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
G Evening guys. Was thinking of buying a new 'second hand' car to replace my old AE101 SEG. Been thinking bout Camry. But looks like my wallet wont allow that purchase yet. So I decided to restore my old AE101. The paintwork is beyond dead and banged here and there. Engine is stock BT. I have plans to repaint the car from Metallic Pearl Red to Solid White. Also have plans to do a full overhaul. But I am undecided which to do first. Should I do the mechanical part first or exterior first.

Exterior plan:
- Bought new Taiwan Smoked Lights. My old Ori Koito is very yellowish.
- Bought US spec Rear Lights.
- Dug out the ori SEG bumper lips
- Dug out the Levin side skirts
- Repaint the whole car to white and the after a month Sierraglow it.

Mechanical plan:
- Full overhaul (Roughly how much? I wanted to do top overhaul, but my mech said better do full. Was quoted under RM2.5k)
- Adjustable Cam pulleys?
- New sets of Spark Plugs
- Replace the wiper motor? Its getting weak. Anyone knows where to get the motor?
- Exedy Clutch?

Exhaust:
- Remove the Tanabe and opt for something quieter.
- Get a proper Header

But before all that..What to do first?

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
easy... do ur engine first then only your body work. why? the reason is straight forward. u don't want your mechanic to damage your paint job during overhaul. :)

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
Is this the wiper motor you're referring to?? I'm selling it for RM80 including postage.

It's taken out from my AE100 (not halfcut item) cos when i swap engine, mechanic install everything from the halfcut.

PM me or call 0128831808 if interested.

Attachments

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
1st do this...

Mechanical plan:
- Full overhaul - workmanship only around 1.5 K (good workmanship) without spray engine bay..not including port/polish
- overhauls set kit - very hard to find nowday - wing hing quote rm500 ++..but no stock wait another 2 months
- trd metal gasket rm300 +
- complete acl/king bearing - 650 ++
- Adjustable Cam pulleys (for what purpose..if stock cam no need lor) rm 1k ++
- New sets of Spark Plugs - ik20/22 rm 180
- timing belt - oem dunno price..toda rm500++
- tensional bearing - cant remember price
- - Exedy Clutch? full set rm 950.00 without bearing..bearing itself around rm70.00
- engine oil..
- water pump
- all belting
- gearbox oil
- termostat
- trumpet/open port..
- fuel pump
- fpr
- hose
- brake pad front / rear
- suspension
- header/exhaust..

at same time sent body for paint work/repair/ketuk/etc..better workshop side by side..easy..

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
if u buy new car......start over the installment......its like u r working for bank......."installment=pain plan"......haha:banghead:

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

send to E & T, damai perdana.....reasonable price.....no invisible cost......BUT hav to see wether he's free.......

beyond

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
Honestly. For those who changes cars every few years, it s like renting a car.

Nappx, thanks for the guidelines. Where to look for a overhaul kit now?

Funny thing. My mech, he said if tak makan oil then no need to do overhaul. My ride is kinda sluggish. Not so responsive as the day I did the transplant.

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
[QUOTE;at same time sent body for paint work/repair/ketuk/etc..better workshop side by side..easy..[/QUOTE]

aiii...u mean wanna promote him to sent his ride to HAZ garage? as far as l know, next shop to HAZ garage is paint/ketuk shop...haiya, got kamsen ka nappx?:rofl:hehehehe

yup, better do a full overhaul to juiced/revived the potential of ur engine....
Last time when l do the full overhaul the costs(2010) are as below:
*ACL main&conrod bearing(not racing series)-RM 3xx
*TRD metal gasket from wing hin-RM 320
*Ori toyota full overhaul kit from wing hin-RM 380
*RIK piston ring-RM 180
*labour cost for overhauling in alor setar-RM 1200

that's all l can remember...to eliminate the sluggishness, u could try to clean ur injector and change the fuel filter to allow smooth path of fuel from the tank to the engine.

Last edited:

beyond

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
Thanks bros. today damn sueh. I ter reversed my other stock SEG onto a pillar. The bumper got dislodged.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, i hav just install a twin barrel mikuni carburator in my wira 4g15...the throttle respond seems even worse than my stock carburator le...haih...the secondery only open after 3k while throttle more than 2/1...below 3k rpm i tekan habis the secondery also wont open..haiz..issit normal? top speed decrease, from 185 to 165km/h.........one thing really disapoint me is, all my friend said that my car has less pick up....even when the secondery open, the pull of the engine also has no...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience