Where is the gearbox oil dip stick?

K-Kid

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Earth
Hi guys, I'm new to Rotary. I just got a lovely Rx-8, attracted by it's pleasurable drive and sexy design.
The thing is i know nuts about rotary...I notice an oil cooler at the front, it that an engine oil cooler or gearbox oil cooler? When i get the car, I already check the engine oil level, brake fluid level, coolant level but i can't find the gearbox oil dip stick :rolleyes:, can anyone show it to me? A picture will be great! and er...lastly, what to watch out for, for a new owner?

Thank You. :biggrin:

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
There is this book in your glove box... its called... "Owner's Manual"

:biggrin:

1. Is engine oil cooler
2. gearbox no dipstick...
3. Watch out for... thieves... recommend you to install premium Cobra alarm

K-Kid

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Earth
Thanks for the info. I did read the whole owner's manual, it's pretty basic.
So the only way to check gearbox oil level is by the removing the drain nut and feeling the level with finger? :hmmmm:

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
If yours an Auto, the gearbox oil dipstick is located somewhere near the alternator.....

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
my bad, is RX8... I thinking RX7s... sorry not able to help - cant find any pic on google.

K-Kid

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Earth
Ok, I've compare it with older version, it's near the alternator alright. The newer version comes with 6 ports intake so they've relocated it.

Rock Lee

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2004
Klang, Selangor
www.rockmotorsport.com
Sorry for digging up old threads...

If rx7 dont have gearbox oil dipstick.
how do we know if its time to change? or if there is a leakage etc.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am in the process of deciding to import one of my car back to Malaysia when I am moving back to Malaysia for good. I am not sure what is involve and may have change since I last research it. Please feel free to chip in any info which light help, thanks. Listed below are a few questions I have.

1. Is Left hand drive proper to use in Malaysia?
2. What is involve other than shipping the car back in container. (Road Tax, quarantine, etc).
3. I remember I have to be the owner of the car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience