What tyres u using?? comment them pls..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

minivan

1,500 RPM
Lets rate our tyres.... this may help a lot when we're shopping for tyres next time..... heres the basic format... this is mine....

car : City idsi
tyres : Falken ziex 512
size : 195/50/15
price : RM165 / piece (in klang)
comments : Good in wet, fair in dry, comfy, NOT that good at the extremes, would'nt buy them next time around, bridgestone techno 50 is better, rim protector did its job a couple of times for me... NOT a tyre for enthusiast...

cheers.

HanafyEG said:
yokohama advan neova ad07

This i got to know.... comment them dude.... use the basic format if possible... thinking of getting these....

Makaceh...

i'll add a few of my other experiences to get this moving....

car : satria (my old car)
tyres : Potenza re711
size : 205/45/16
price : RM240 / piece
Comment : best tyres i've experienced so far. Superb in wet and dry. launching was no hassle at all. no longer in production. wonder how the G3 is??

Falken Azenis ST115 - 195/50/15, RM 180 each.

Mr 'blahblah' black sheep :D said, his Azenis run up to 55,000 KM's. Mine already 54,xxx KM's. Let's see can run up to 60 - 65,000 KM's. The grip is there, but what is more important is that can these tires run for long time?

'Acherly' hor, 60,000 KM's also ok lare, i'm satisfied with it. :D

Car : Proton Perdana V6
Tyres : Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
size : 215/45/17
comments : Excellent in the dry and wet, plenty amount of grip. One of the bext tyres I have ever ran on.

Goodyear eagle F1 Gsd3.
215/45/17 for 420 perpiece.

feels great compared to the ones made in thailand (mine is made in germany)
Used for 6months, 10k km without hardening issues yet.

water dispersion is FUN due to it's long block design, but the lack of ribs makes it quite noisy at high speeds.

Doesnt give much notice before losing grip.

car : nissan cefiro
tyres : toyo trampio
size : 235/45/18
price : abt 100 bucks a pair 2nd hand

i never buy new tyres coz i keep frying the ones i have on the car, so roughly 2 months or so in between changes.. for some reason, each time i drive i find the car swinging from left to right and a cloud of smoke appears under each of the rear wheel arches..

however, the tyre presents good value for money with good grip in dry but not so sure about rainy days cause its just about coming to winter and the rains havent really come in full force.. will know im abt 1-2 months time

Tyre: Bridgestone Pontenza G3
Size :205/40/17
Price: RM 270 (made in thailand)

Comment: I found the potenza's to be very good and pretty predictable in the wet - good tread design, large cornering blocks designed to reduce tracking, quiet, impressive wet & dry performance.

car : corolla KE70 (1981)

front:-
tyres : Sumitomo HTR 200
size : 185/60/13
price : RM150-180 / piece (can't remember.. bad memory, not much choice for tires cuz hard to find tires that fit 13x7" rims at where i live)
comments : very happy with it, due to the stock suspension, it probably won't let go of the road until the car flip over first. So far really bite the road like crazy in the dry, very good too in the wet, can drive over puddles of water at 90km/h without much worry (but you have to hold the steering tight lar...). used on an old car, it provides more than enough grip than the car can handle. I'll use this tire until i change my rims ;)

rear:-
tires: Yokohama Radial 352
size: 215/50/13
price: RM330 / piece //made in japan
comments: I dunno much about this tire, bought it cuz it looks cool with white sidewall labelings. only info i ever found about them is that they are used in the toyota celica prototype back in the 70's 0_o". Performance wise, it seems to be very durable, and the grip isn't bad on dry and smooth road. but when its wet or got sand on the road... the rear end of the car is all over the place!! >_<"" somehow i started to think that tire is made for drag or something else like to generate smoke only.... anybody with info regarding this tire can PM me :pi wanna know more bout it too. will change to sumitomo HTR 195(or 185)/60/13 next time.

Anybody using or have experienced these tyres??

1. Advan Neova AD07
2. Bridgestone Potenza G3
3. Goodyear Eagle F1 (The new ones)

Any comments on these tyres, and what prices did you get them for, or what price have you been qouted for and where??

bridgestone techno 45
R16 205/45
220 per piece..
good to use, value 4 money

Tyre:Goodyear F1 (Germany)
Size:215 x 45 x 17 inch
Comments:Good in both wet & dry
Price:4got oredi
Highest speed so far using that tyres : 230km/h

hi all...currently running on AD 07 Neova's...2nd set now, very satisfied with grip but pricey issues. Close to RM400 a peice.

otherwise for daily use i would say the eagle f1 gsd 3 is my 2nd choice (used it b4) superb on wet & fairly good on dry

tyres: yokohama es100
size: 185/14/60
price: RM 160 per piece

great tyres, a little noisy that usual. good in wet and dry.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom