Jul 12, 2005
KL
so where is the digital part then....??

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Jrd_lee8098

wa this amp sound so kengla, why to find them.

i m newbie in ice,since you mention about class of amp, is this class D amp better than class A and class AB in term of sq?

Jrd_lee8098

500 RPM
Apr 8, 2006
Jrd_lee8098

wa this amp sound so kengla, why to find them.

i m newbie in ice,since you mention about class of amp, is this class D amp better than class A and class AB in term of sq?

Class-D amplifier have a higest efficiency 90% above, lowest radiation & heat, needed current supply is low.

Let say in SQ, Class-D amplifier's effect can make "music background" more clear & clean, and it have a good resistance to signal distortion.
Acutally i can't say this MBL amplfier is Fully Digital, it's belong in Half Digital amp.

What's the different with Fully Digital Amp or Half Digital Amp?
Fully Digital amp's sound is more dry & no lingering charm ( we call it feeling ).
Half Digital amp like MBL, the sound is more sweet & pretty, very suitable to listen SQ music.

This is my personal opinion and feeling after try this MBL amp :)
hope my "broken english" explaination can make u understand lah!

Thank you

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
do you have the product datasheet??

terms for and class-D amp is the arrangement of mosfet/power trasistor in a circuit... (EE terms = push pull method) this is ANALOG!!! and the best performance amp configuration of all.

if you mentioning "digital class D amp"
the digital that you referring to might be the control for the amp.
eg. it might have a digital temp control or ampere control or voltage stabilizer control or volume or etc...

"digital" might be anything (for control only la).

So, this case is the "digital" controlling the analog amplification. :biggrin:

"Fully digital"???
common.... does your head unit has a coaxial/optical output?
still use L and R (FR,FL,RR, & RL) right?? (banyak wayar)
Not fully digital la tu...

If you want a real "digital" sound...
have you heard of coaxial in 5.1 Digital Surround/THX/DTS/etc...
(home theater) THIS USE ONLY ONE COAXIAL CABLE!!!
thats is real digital whereby it has a digital to analog converter to produce sounds.... and this technology isn't fully 100% in ICE

Even "JBL" "APLINE" etc... not yet figured out how to put that technology in ICE...... "MBL" could???

Jrd_lee8098

500 RPM
Apr 8, 2006
do you have the product datasheet??

terms for and class-D amp is the arrangement of mosfet/power trasistor in a circuit... (EE terms = push pull method) this is ANALOG!!! and the best performance amp configuration of all.

if you mentioning "digital class D amp"
the digital that you referring to might be the control for the amp.
eg. it might have a digital temp control or ampere control or voltage stabilizer control or volume or etc...

"digital" might be anything (for control only la).

So, this case is the "digital" controlling the analog amplification. :biggrin:

"Fully digital"???
common.... does your head unit has a coaxial/optical output?
still use L and R (FR,FL,RR, & RL) right?? (banyak wayar)
Not fully digital la tu...

If you want a real "digital" sound...
have you heard of coaxial in 5.1 Digital Surround/THX/DTS/etc...
(home theater) THIS USE ONLY ONE COAXIAL CABLE!!!
thats is real digital whereby it has a digital to analog converter to produce sounds.... and this technology isn't fully 100% in ICE

Even "JBL" "APLINE" etc... not yet figured out how to put that technology in ICE...... "MBL" could???

That's good leh....brother!!! Very happy to see you good posting in my thread! Aiyo...you better give more guide at here mah, make more people know the new knowlege!!! And I'm so appreciated to ur english, very good!! Not like me, broken english :(
Thank for ur post lah!

Refer to the message that i reply to TOHSAN, i already wrote "Acutally i can't say this MBL amplfier is Fully Digital, it's belong in Half Digital amp."
Why i say MBL amplifier is Half Digital Amp??

Your guide of PURE DIGITAL AMPLIFIER mean to be Home Theater System.
The AV system is damn good effective, speed faster & analyse damn accurately, but just no attach important in Sound Tone.
Of course MBL is not Pure Digital map, so it can'T get the speed faster like that, but MBL is more sweet pretty sound effect than Pure Digital Amp. Why??
PURE DIGITAL AMP is particular about the Display & Sound can detect to ur eyes & ear in same time, so their analyse & speed is so good. MBL is not use to AV system, so it is attach important in Sound Tone.

MBL amplifier is very lowest heat & radiation like PURE DIGITAL AMP.
And this is MBL take the best out from PURE DIGITAL AMP lah!!! ( broken english explain, do know u understand or not ).
So factory call it Digital Amp & i call it Half Digital Amp.
Do you agree with it?? Hope you are agree :)

something important to let members know :
Some owner already have audio system in their car. If the amp is not Pure Digital Amp into you car, will you still can get the AV surround sound?? Yes, you stil can get it. Just buy a 5.1 head unit, then use 4ch amp + 2ch amp....then you also can enjoy that surround sound.

Cybtect brother, good information to you......actually ALPINE figured out the PURE DIGITAL AMP technology into ICE already, around 2 years loh!!! Quickly get one ALPINE amp to ur car also.......:)

If member interest, i can post some information about ALPINE PURE DIGITAL AMP in the new thread.

this is the amp

Last edited:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
jrdlee so u mean when they say class D, the D stands for digital? then class A is analog la is it..? class AB is what?

alpine v-power amps are digital meh? intro level only wor, sure not...?

btw u mention 5.1 HU, which model is it? so far i never find any, except if got add-on small box like pioneer, eclipse

Jrd_lee8098

500 RPM
Apr 8, 2006
jrdlee so u mean when they say class D, the D stands for digital? then class A is analog la is it..? class AB is what?

alpine v-power amps are digital meh? intro level only wor, sure not...?

btw u mention 5.1 HU, which model is it? so far i never find any, except if got add-on small box like pioneer, eclipse

Zenn brother, u look like so interest in this wor!!!

Class-D amplifier is not stands fro Digital.
Amplifier have 4 type, Class A, B, AB & D.

I really really hope can sharing with you about this...!! But i can give you a good explaination by my stupid broken english!! So i wrote a small letter, please click the web-address to read my chinese word explaination.
And hope u or somebody can help me translat to english....let more of people can know more knowledge about this, thank you.

Please click here for chinese explanation.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/jordan_s3ca/untitled-3.jpg

p/s : Zenn, that ALPINE amplifier really is a Digital Amplifier, you can check out with ALPINE web-site. And the new model of ALPINE digital amp is damn damn damn beautiful........!!! Check out in the web lah!
thank you.

Last edited:

bafukie

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Bro, zenn cant read chinese wan la..... =_=

actually im thinking also... ppl are trying to get as analogue sounding as possible in ICE and had spent thousands juz to get 'home audio' sounding. while here, ur running towards digital/ half digital according to u... then doesnt the sound that comes out sounds fake... like robot singing?

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
That's good leh....brother!!! Very happy to see you good posting in my thread! Aiyo...you better give more guide at here mah, make more people know the new knowlege!!! And I'm so appreciated to ur english, very good!! Not like me, broken english :(
Thank for ur post lah!

Refer to the message that i reply to TOHSAN, i already wrote "Acutally i can't say this MBL amplfier is Fully Digital, it's belong in Half Digital amp."
Why i say MBL amplifier is Half Digital Amp??

Your guide of PURE DIGITAL AMPLIFIER mean to be Home Theater System.
The AV system is damn good effective, speed faster & analyse damn accurately, but just no attach important in Sound Tone.
Of course MBL is not Pure Digital map, so it can'T get the speed faster like that, but MBL is more sweet pretty sound effect than Pure Digital Amp. Why??
PURE DIGITAL AMP is particular about the Display & Sound can detect to ur eyes & ear in same time, so their analyse & speed is so good. MBL is not use to AV system, so it is attach important in Sound Tone.

MBL amplifier is very lowest heat & radiation like PURE DIGITAL AMP.
And this is MBL take the best out from PURE DIGITAL AMP lah!!! ( broken english explain, do know u understand or not ).
So factory call it Digital Amp & i call it Half Digital Amp.
Do you agree with it?? Hope you are agree :)

something important to let members know :
Some owner already have audio system in their car. If the amp is not Pure Digital Amp into you car, will you still can get the AV surround sound?? Yes, you stil can get it. Just buy a 5.1 head unit, then use 4ch amp + 2ch amp....then you also can enjoy that surround sound.

Cybtect brother, good information to you......actually ALPINE figured out the PURE DIGITAL AMP technology into ICE already, around 2 years loh!!! Quickly get one ALPINE amp to ur car also.......:)

If member interest, i can post some information about ALPINE PURE DIGITAL AMP in the new thread.

this is the amp
Lee, your english isn't that bad... still understandable.
thanks for the update.... so long i wash hands for ICE....

As you can see form the picture that u've post, there are very few connectors.... Digital do that!.... Digitals systems saves wires (from HU to Amp) then from that wire, the digital amp can decode the digital signals to analog and to 4/5.1/7.1 channels....

That amp must be super expensive.

Class A,B,AB and D has their own pros and cons
eg. class A is for clarity... crystal clear sounds but super expensive
class D is for powerfull output... great bass.... lost clarity... cheaper

if want details... google it. if want me to explain.... wah very2 long woh
last time i did this paper in the finals.... so susah....

I understand what you mean.... MBL sound like pure digital amp...
this may due to it's better filter/ good voltage stabilizer/ good preamp/equalizer.
All these is to buang/filter/throw away "analogs distortions/noise" that we don't need!!!

in order to get great sounds (like digital amp) is NOT EASY!!!
even the amp makers need super precission adjustment, fine tuning each frequancy in order to get good superb sounds.
And even they did make super adjustments, the car itself needs to be fine tuned too in order to supply good ampere and voltage to the amp and HU.

For Digital Amp, the amp will not accept any "analogs signals"
This as it's doesn't recognized any analog signals.
So even the digital out line is distorted... the amp only "listens" to digital signals, analog signals will not be processed, so you get clear digital SOUNDS!!!

The summary....
If want super clear sounds for ICE....
you'll need a lot of MONEY....
thats all :biggrin:

Last edited:

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
one question why are test lab using analogue system testing method which is cater for conventional alalogue amp like class A and Class AB to test a digital amp like class d which is a digital amp?
brother... class D isn't really a "digital amp"

here's the line of ICE...
Analog/conventional...
inside HU
CD/MP3(digital)==>processor(digital to analog)==>pre out/spk out(analog)

then normal amp class A,B,AB, or D
pre in(analog)==>amp (either A,B,AB, or D or mixed class config)==>speakers

Digital
inside HU
CD/MP3(digital)==>processor(digital to digital)==>digital/optical out(digital)

then Digital Amp
digital in ==> Processor(decode digital to analog) ==> amp (either A,B,AB, or D or mixed class config)==>speakers

Thats y you'll get "Digital class D" amp or just "Class D amp" or any other class in the market

As for the benchmarks for quality... there are "sound engineers" where by the give marks for what type of quality sounds they're testing. They still use ears :biggrin:

Thats a way.... another, is the "Frequency response" bandwidth where a device will show bandwidth graph dB vs Hz/kHz to judge the amp/HU responds...(too scientific oredy)
eg. (see below)

you may find this graph in some of your amp system... it's nomally attached with your instructions/specs/printed at ur amp.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any pro and cons?

curently i am running with one bullet only

what if i instal another bullet?

improvement or more ristriction to the gas flow?

need some advise..thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience