What causes automotive fires?

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hey guys,
Maybe a friendly discussion here. What are the causes when car goes up in flames? Faulty fuel line? Faulty air con compressor perhaps? IMO fire igniting up in the engine bay are because leaking fuel line or slip shot work on the replacement of the fuel filter. Could a burnt air con compressor causes fire to ignite? Twice it happened to me when my air con compressor was up in smokes. I quickly drove to the nearest petrol station and doused it with water eventhough it will damage the unit but better than my whole car going up in flames.
Any other causes? NO RON95 CAUSES FIRES PLEASE!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
wiring shorted and burnt the rubber insulation before turning into rage of fire

change ekzos which was installed by idiot who put the piping touching the floor cause soundproofing tar melting and burnt...

petrol tank pecah in accident later due to spark/heat and burnnnnnnn

:biggrin: there was so many possibilities for things to go wrong in automotive fire massacre

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
I better go buy a fire extinguisher then. So many possibilities.:biggrin:

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
I've read from overseas source that our "chamois" can cause fire. To make it save we need to store it in wet condition inside it's case.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Even though having a fire extinguisher, but it is too small to put out a big fire..
But it would be dangerous to keep a big one in the car isn't it, yet I dun think
anyone here would keep such a heavy thing in the car :smile:

Well, I guess a small one is still better than nothing i guess..:hmmmm:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if the smokes come from ur aircond compressor, CHANGE IT.. :biggrin:

& better check ur fuel line.. mayb got leakage..

btw, i got a fire extinguisher in my car.. only rm70 .. at fire fighter beside the federal hway..

Gudluck:burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sometimes the car is very light and u can feel tht it's akinda powerful.. But sometimes it's heavy and sluggish.. What is the problem? THe peformance is akinda unstable I would say.. At times it's very powerful at times it's very sluggish... 4G13 engine only :(... BEsides, is there any tuning to be done? heard from a friend who told me about tuning the carb and exhaust can cause a misfire during gear shifts? is tht true? if yes, how do we exactly tune it?...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience