Weird sound and oil problem

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
hi bros
im driving a satria with 4g93p bolt on turbo
my prob is...when im revving at ard 3-3.5k ...there is this weird wongg wonggg sound occurs....it doesnt matter whether im in 1st 2nd or any gear...the sound will occur at that rpm...when it passes the 3.5k mark, then everything goes back to normal...
2nd prob....my engine oil i checked....it decreases to minimum level after travelling only for about 1k km....i dun see any leakage or what so ever....
plz help!!!:wavey:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
if no leakage of oil then maybe ur engine makan minyak, your exhaust got blue smoke or not?? maybe piston ring worn out...

i hv that kind of wong wong sound also, i think it's resonance in engine bay, when you rev over 3.5krpm then engine sound is too loud to resonate... just my wild guess lah...

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
if engine oil degreases so badly, i suggest u to change piston rings + main n conrod bearings + head gasket....
i had this prob last time...dun see white smoke or watsoever....
end up decided to change all the above....when take out, found dat main bearing "makan" edi....piston rings also not very nice....
once done, its superb...just like new!!!

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hi bros
im driving a satria with 4g93p bolt on turbo
my prob is...when im revving at ard 3-3.5k ...there is this weird wongg wonggg sound occurs....it doesnt matter whether im in 1st 2nd or any gear...the sound will occur at that rpm...when it passes the 3.5k mark, then everything goes back to normal...
2nd prob....my engine oil i checked....it decreases to minimum level after travelling only for about 1k km....i dun see any leakage or what so ever....
plz help!!!:wavey:

engine makan minyak ...should check if any blue smoke coming out the exhaust....depends on what oil viscosity you are using too....if CONFIRM no leaks..should be valve seals or piston rings...

about the leakage you checked your self or mech check? must becareful when checking...sometimes near the seals area will have a very mild leak..need to check all surroundings...

when you park your car overnight...do you see any oil visible on the floor?

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
thnx for the replies
first of all...i dun see any stains on the floor when i parked overnight
secondly...there isnt any blue or white smoke coming from the back of the exhaust
my mech did checked before...but he juz said mayb oil nt suitable...using semi syn 10w40...
bout the noise prob....it gives some sorta feeling that makes u think that the engine gonna break down soon...lol...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone, is there any way to improve a car's safety feature? My car is a Perodua Viva 850cc and it has no airbags and ABS unlike the premium 1000cc version. Is it possible to install airbags to a non-airbag car?

Any other add-ons that can improve my car's safety feature besides the ones stated above? Do let me know please,thank you.

Ps,and no irrelevant answers like telling me to change to a new car, please.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience