Waja Alternator

mosesmk

Feb 21, 2012
Hi guys
If my alternator reading fluctuate and not giving 13.8V, does it mean is gonna died sooner? Car stall couple time while at parking lot. Driving high rpm no problem at all. Reach home check my Cap the reading fluctuate between 11V to 12V. I disconnect the battery –ve terminal to check the alternator. Car not die and sound more stable. Reconnect back the –ve terminal then recheck the voltage. Now is stable but not getting 13.8V which always been said that was the ideal working voltage. Just can get around 12.8 to 13V only.Does it related to my recently BIG 3 upgraded?.I just manage to done 2 of the big 3 at this moment. The alternator cable still waiting for the fuse link arrive.

twistedichc

Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Hi guys
If my alternator reading fluctuate and not giving 13.8V, does it mean is gonna died sooner? Car stall couple time while at parking lot. Driving high rpm no problem at all. Reach home check my Cap the reading fluctuate between 11V to 12V. I disconnect the battery –ve terminal to check the alternator. Car not die and sound more stable. Reconnect back the –ve terminal then recheck the voltage. Now is stable but not getting 13.8V which always been said that was the ideal working voltage. Just can get around 12.8 to 13V only.Does it related to my recently BIG 3 upgraded?.I just manage to done 2 of the big 3 at this moment. The alternator cable still waiting for the fuse link arrive.
not necessarily it will die sooner,btw BIG 3?? please elaborate:hmmmm:

mosesmk

Feb 21, 2012
not necessarily it will die sooner,btw BIG 3?? please elaborate:hmmmm:
Big 3 mean upgrading your main cable for charging,battery ground and motor ground. Mean pull new bigger cable for alternator to battery, battery to chassis (ground) and engine to body ground. can search it fro you tube.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

any suggestion if i want to upgrade my alternator?

try bosch malaysia, for upgrade for your alternator.
I think my fren upgraded his last time.

Sorry that I counldnt be much more of help.

mosesmk

Feb 21, 2012
try bosch malaysia, for upgrade for your alternator.
I think my fren upgraded his last time.

Sorry that I counldnt be much more of help.
it's ok Ken. at least i got the picture. think the original should be apm right?

twistedichc

Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Big 3 mean upgrading your main cable for charging,battery ground and motor ground. Mean pull new bigger cable for alternator to battery, battery to chassis (ground) and engine to body ground. can search it fro you tube.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

any suggestion if i want to upgrade my alternator?
o i c, i too did mod my ground wire, my fren did it for me but uses slightly smaller cable than original ground & took 9 points on the engine & pull the cable 2 batt, for example ur air con compressor ground direct 2 batt. u tell u're runnin ICE so need that extra supply rite,:biggrin: they say that u cannot put other alter 2 ur car but u can send to modify to put bigger copper coil for that extra mAh, right now still searching where 2 get n they say somewhere around PUDU have.

mosesmk

Feb 21, 2012
give your battery a full charge before changing the alternator bro.
my battery ok. i still got 12V. beside it age less than a year. because i check the alternator voltage not getting 13.8 (disconnect form battery already). well i might wait and see. thinking upgrading to higher amp alternator. just planing. :biggrin:

it's ok Ken. at least i got the picture. think the original should be apm right?
Yes, you are rite. It's APM. not Bosch.
Sometimes, the charge rate differs too, due to battery built.

My old apek mech say the charge rate is being "toned down" by battery manufacturer, so that the battery could last according to their designed life span.
Many forummers here mentioned before that car battery these day are designed to "die" in just 2 years.

twistedichc

Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point

My old apek mech say the charge rate is being "toned down" by battery manufacturer, so that the battery could last according to their designed life span.
Many forummers here mentioned before that car battery these day are designed to "die" in just 2 years.
well if ur batt is the good expensive ones, i just use cheap2 ones, just barely 1 @ 2 weeks after waranty dead already, now every month i check my warranty period, so i can deplete my batt b4 it's expire, so in other words i pay 1 time for 2 batt coz they do not exchange the third ones + the shop will not loose anything rite<<:smokin:

If not mistaken if you claim warranty for a battery, the second or third one is covered for one year from the date of purchase of the first one. Means is first one use for 9 moths, second one warranty is 3 months only...maybe depends from manufacturer to manufacturer....:hmmmm:

mosesmk

Feb 21, 2012
o i c, i too did mod my ground wire, my fren did it for me but uses slightly smaller cable than original ground & took 9 points on the engine & pull the cable 2 batt, for example ur air con compressor ground direct 2 batt. u tell u're runnin ICE so need that extra supply rite,:biggrin: they say that u cannot put other alter 2 ur car but u can send to modify to put bigger copper coil for that extra mAh, right now still searching where 2 get n they say somewhere around PUDU have.
don't forget to share if you succeed. the say not put to high amp alter than ori rated. i might stick to the ori since new alternator will produce more juice.:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

lucky for me all my battery last for more than 2 years. this battery is my 3rd battery for 6 years old car. been using dry cell all the way. experience with wet cell, need to regularly check the battery fluid level. last time mine also can last for 2 years + before it died.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

If not mistaken if you claim warranty for a battery, the second or third one is covered for one year from the date of purchase of the first one. Means is first one use for 9 moths, second one warranty is 3 months only...maybe depends from manufacturer to manufacturer....:hmmmm:
think what he means before the exp date he go and change the battery. so he get a new battery that can serve another full year. so he will save money there.instead buying new battery then just claim the warranty. bro last time i also use cheap battery but still can last.maybe the production batch lah.

don't forget to share if you succeed. the say not put to high amp alter than ori rated. i might stick to the ori since new alternator will produce more juice.:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

lucky for me all my battery last for more than 2 years. this battery is my 3rd battery for 6 years old car. been using dry cell all the way. experience with wet cell, need to regularly check the battery fluid level. last time mine also can last for 2 years + before it died.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

think what he means before the exp date he go and change the battery. so he get a new battery that can serve another full year. so he will save money there.instead buying new battery then just claim the warranty. bro last time i also use cheap battery but still can last.maybe the production batch lah.
Heard they mention to use higher amp alternator unless you have many other accessories to run that requires the higher amp.

Do you mean maintenance free battery, as those are still lead / acid base....

To claim a battery, it has to be faulty. They will take back and test and if nothing wrong claim will not be approved...

mosesmk

Feb 21, 2012
Hi guys. Little bit update regarding my alternator problem. So today i manage to complete y Big 3 upgrade. Just tested at my porch looks everything fine. My alternator voltage now stable at 14V instead before just 12-13V fluctuating. Save a bit since no need to change the alternator. some photos for the project.

Good to hear you got your problem fixed.....:biggrin:

Hi all sifus here, anyone have sent your car to Yen Fatt Car Spraying in Kg. Subang? Pls share your experience with me. Any good/bad?