Waja car boot cannot open with key

sifuconman

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi

I have a 2005 model Waja and recently the boot cannot be open with the key. I need to use the cable to unlock the boot from inside the car.

Can some one advise me how can I take out the lock for service if it is possible ? How much will it cost to change the lock if it is not repairable ?

Thanks

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi

I have a 2005 model Waja and recently the boot cannot be open with the key. I need to use the cable to unlock the boot from inside the car.

Can some one advise me how can I take out the lock for service if it is possible ? How much will it cost to change the lock if it is not repairable ?

Thanks
U sure its not too tight? I have a few Persona friends whose car hook is too low and the boot actually closes too deep, too hard to use key to open.

sifuconman

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the reply
I had tried with the boot open and the key wont turn hence I concluded this is the lock problem.

sifuconman

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Already tried spraying WD 40 but cannot solve the problem.

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

just buy the lock from spare part shop & get your mech to install it.
ok will do that

Thanks

sifuconman

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Got a second hand boot lock from friend.
I Want to DIY but do not know how to remove the old lock . Any advise on how to do that ?

EDIT : I figured out how to take out the lock. It is pretty simple

1. Remove 4 nuts under the boot lid that secure the proton emblem
2. Remove the proton emblem
3 Remove the clip under the boot lid which secure the lock
4 Remove the old lock and put in the new lock
5 Secure the lock with the clip
6. Put back the proton emblem and secure with the 4 nuts

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

At 5am UK time, Team Lotus F1 will be unveiling their latest machine this Monday to their subscribers and fans only before the world gets to see it. Subscription is free of charge and good before 31st of January. The Subscription automatically puts you in the list to receive their free but highly exclusive Team Lotus Notes magazine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience