Visitor looking for some shopping assistance

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

cms-gt4

Hello all,

My name is Josh Coldiron. I am suspecting this is an all malaysia forum. I wish I had found it before I left the states. I am visitng my wifes family here in Malaysia from the USA. I was concidering doing some shopping for some performance parts if they can be found cheaper here in Malaysia. I have a friend in Thailand who told me I can get parts there cheap but wanted to see if I had options here as well. I am in Sitiawan right now and will be in kuala lumpur in a few days. If you all could suggest some shop for the cars I am shopping as well as a price range the items might go for, I would appreciate it.

I have a 1992 Gtfour with RC body work and gearbox and a st205 engine swap. I just put on a set of 17x9 sportmax wheels with 255/40/17 tires. If I found some cheap Volks or SSRs I might concider buying them if they are not too expensive to ship home. I am also trying to find a good price on oem st205 brake calipers to replace my st185 calipers.

My other car is a 2003 350Z track model. You can see a pic of the Z in my sig and here are some links of the gtfour.

With my old wheels.
http://img51.exs.cx/img51/429/cmsgt4-poster1.jpg

The new wheels. (I need to repaint the car soon)
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2490/img3751lv2.jpg

I will be hitting an import car yard in Thailand in hopes of finding some discounted oem parts. Things may be too expensive here or at least more expensive than Thailand. please advise.

Thanks for any help.

rare breed...
u can try out Sunway when u dropped down to KL. There's rows of shops in the modding scene. That's the most common place ppl would visit unless you're familiar with places like USJ, Kepong, Sri Damansara or Old Klang Road...
Sidelined; a friend just came back from the states and told us that if buying stuffs "made in the states" in the states itself is cheap.
If you happened to be in Singapore, heard that things are cheap too compared to M'sian. But sadly I don't know where.

Thanks. I may be out of luck. We also may not be going to Bangkok depending on the recent bombing situation.
We may go to Singapore or somewhere else if we can change our flight.

Last edited:
bro carefull of imitation parts.... malaysia sometimes sell cheaps parts but sometimes is imitation parts... the cheapest is japan.. just have 2 be aware of imition parts and sometimes stolen parts.. visit malaysia 2007... hehe happy new year

Thanks for the warning. My Brother in law lives close to Sunway and Old Klang Road so I will check those areas out tuesday or wednesday.

Has anyone dealt with U-Guan Autoparts? They seem to have some gtfour clips.

thanks again.

Last edited:
CMS: for celica parts, try private messaging a fellow member called tom's.. he's quite resourceful

Another question not car related...

Anyone know of any decent toy shops? I collect urban vinyl (like the items on my website), robots, gundam etc...

thanks again

i know place where u should go cms-gt4, go for yik foong plaza behind the wet market in Ipoh..i bet u know ipoh..there are plenty shops there selling those things u needs,toys,urban things,tiny2 things..pretty cheap too..good luck and enjoy while u in malaysia!

Already hit Ipoh, but we are not going back. So far it looks like we will be in KL tomorrow, and go to Singepore on the 3rd. I am supposed to meet with a toy company (PI) in sigepore so they might have the hookup in their area.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom