Vibration when starting to move on 2nd gear

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
Hi guys,

I have a question.

When my car is stationary and I try to start moving on 2nd gear, while balancing the clutch, the car vibrates.
At first i thought it was normal as it only vibrates a bit and some other members say they experience the same.
But over time, the vibration became more and more, and now it's quite violent.

Anyone knows why this is happening?
Engine mounting? Clutch? Anything else might be the cause?

Thanks in advance.

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
Maybe its your mounting! Or can be your clutch also!

When first bought my car, i usually use gear 2 to move from stationary. after mounting and clutch replacement it seems impossible as the car will vibrate.

solution: pay a visit to john.

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com

When first bought my car, i usually use gear 2 to move from stationary. after mounting and clutch replacement it seems impossible as the car will vibrate.

AFTER REPLACEMENT of mounting and clutch then the car vibrates?

Will pay john a visit, maybe today lunch time....

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5

why didn't you use 1st gear to move from stationary?

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
why didn't you use 1st gear to move from stationary?
Traffic jam sometimes malas la bro, u know la, our gear box close ratio, very fast have to change gears already, so if traffic driving i normally skip gears.

Not just from stationary, sometimes very very slow moving then i balance on 2nd gear

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
I tend not to skip any gears ..... whether upshifting or down-shifting.

i'm not even sure why i do that ..... practice perhaps? :biggrin:

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
no shit timmy. i know a guy who heel-toes on downshift even in city traffic....practise? :D

but..don't you think balancing the gear on 2nd gear for standstill-launch would wear out the clutch faster?

i always think quick engagement of gears can prolong the clutch's life....

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
no shit timmy. i know a guy who heel-toes on downshift even in city traffic....practise? :D

but..don't you think balancing the gear on 2nd gear for standstill-launch would wear out the clutch faster?

i always think quick engagement of gears can prolong the clutch's life....
Might be true about wearing out the clutch faster when standstill-launch on 2nd.
But actually i don't use 2nd gear when the car is at full standstill. I do it when it is moving but very very slowly to the point i still have to balance clutch a bit on 2nd, that's when the vibration happens.

I mentioned standstill-launch on 2nd because that's the easiest way to replicate the vibration problem, and it's easier to describe the scenario.

You guys face this same vibration problem as well? Regardless standstill or non-standstill 2nd gear balancing? Is it normal?

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
heh heh ........... i remember dcLoo's k24 ....... so powerful & torquey , really had to launch in 2nd gear ....... 1st gear couldn't get any traction at all.

Bump: Slick , i think what you meant is "juddering" ........... and no , i don't think it's normal ............

should take it for a check up , experienced mechs will probably know what's the cause of it

as long as the problem is constant, and not intermittent, it shouldn't be too difficult to troubleshoot

Bump: Slick , i think what you meant is "juddering" ........... and no , i don't think it's normal ............

should take it for a check up , experienced mechs will probably know what's the cause of it

as long as the problem is constant, and not intermittent, it shouldn't be too difficult to troubleshoot

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
heh heh ........... i remember dcLoo's k24 ....... so powerful & torquey , really had to launch in 2nd gear ....... 1st gear couldn't get any traction at all.

Thanks Tim, will bear that in mind.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
In one case i've seen, is that one of the bolts that hold the drive shafts in place (theres 3 bolts on each side) went missing as it came loose... just one of the things to check la....

boulala

Known Member
Sep 24, 2006
just change to k24. then you can move from stationary using 2nd gear. or perhaps 3rd gear..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BEX 6162
Wira Sedan 1.6 grey...
bodypart wira black front
behind with evo kit
rim advan RR 16

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience