Vibrating Astina

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

tms97

Jul 11, 2005
Malaysia
Can you guys help? Got an Astina and just changed to 16" rims. But now the car shaking like hell. The tyres are not rubbing and the new wheel not bengkok. Already done alignment and balancing and all perfect.. but when reach speed of 90kmph whole car shaking. Brought back to guy who did my on-wheel balancing and he tested the car and agree really shaking but when do on wheel balancing again averything perfect in the shop. But when drive at 90kmph shake again. WHY?:cry_smile:

MajPayne

Known Member
Jan 24, 2006
Selangor
Not too sure, could it be the drive shaft? or parts linked to it, driving the car at that speeds could mean also that the grooves on the shaft has worn out causing "skips"...can anyone verify?

Phr3ak

Known Member
May 24, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
check your absorbers.
or probably the absorbers mounting cracked.

tms97

Jul 11, 2005
Malaysia
Can absorber mounting or driveshaft really cause such vibration? But will check anyway. bringing it to a mechanic in the weekends. Thanks

MajPayne

Known Member
Jan 24, 2006
Selangor
Most definately, I experienced it on my way to JB couple of years back...
I was doin 140 steady then, suddenly shake, then about 25km on, i lost power.
engine all fine but no drive, so kena la few hundred ouch....

tms97

Jul 11, 2005
Malaysia
Thanks will definately check it out.. Hope the culprit is really not the rims. But what a coincidence it started happening only after changed the rims.. but i guess the alignment guy did say nothing wrong with it.

doljuan

Known Member
Mar 15, 2006
Body Throttle (ford lynx)

Hi guys,
I got a problem with my Ford Lynx 1.6 (m). The engine vibtare when air corn is on. I'd already change a Body Throttle (2 time) but not a new one.. (kedai potong) but had same problem. To make vibrate no strong, i set the RPM higher then 1 in normal (stop). Can I know what make those thing vibrate..?