using levin AE111 wiring on local AE101 dash opionion

LuXun

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
Ipoh, JB
Bro,carib also same as 99 SEG ya.....
I juz wonder can it fit without modify ? :confused:
my friend using carib dashboard on 96's model AE111, same with 99 model of AE111...
levin dashboard also got friend using it...so far so good...
levin dashboard have to mod by cutting some part, i dunno how to mod la, but saw my mechanic did that...

this is carib dashboard i mentioned juz now...
Got this halfcut 2 years back, rojak with local AE101 dashboard & JDm digital air-con panel. The wiring under my dashboard is hopeless, even ah ngah suggest me to get another half cut in order to fix it. No pic but is the worst in this thread.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
I'm still waiting for yloon's reply...:driver:

wanting to know what's his response after the mech's advice...
he's soo super creative one...
hi all,
im digging back this thread. why? people were reading this thread and the news spread to the 'respecting' party.
weh yloon, want to ask you, at the first place, how you know the foreman lah? who did gave his phone number to you?

and second thing, i also havent open my dashboard yet and want to see how is my wiring look like. wait la, one day ill have a look and see. mine is wiring blacktop and blacktop dashboard.
ae101-wong, yours is wiring blacktop from wagon with its original wagon dashboard right?
scottwrx, u using? assuming from the topic, yloon is using blacktop wiring with rojak ae101 local dashboard. i just want to see is it the same issue we are talking right now.

2.5 weeks. im being told by the foreman, that at the first place, he mentioned he is busy, and u insisted to sent your car to him. is this info true or not? if not true, what did u heard when u negotiating stuffs with him?
im just be here to clear things up. the foreman is asking favor to clear his name up. he is doing business to cari makan not suka2 business. me no komisyen or what so ever

hope yloon can come out and hear his story. thanks
bro nothing, i m using bt with local dashboard, so does yloon, he also called me some time back to check with me about my car's wiring... but i know the he is pissed with the wiring workmanship, saying spoilt his alarm lar.. a lot of mess lah.... actual story have to wait for him to clarify.. but i know some times he is being a bit pushy one... first time convert mar...
yea...i'm using the waogn half cut...
this yloon case, he made the mistake too..
he should not push ur foreman to do his car when ur foreman said not free...sigh!:banghead:
Brother n0th1n,

Sorry for long delay, i don't know this thread still so active after sometimes. actually i got your mechanic contact by a runner who sell toyota haftcut one. At first, i just go there and have a look, but then i saw so many toyota, somemore i met you when the first time i went there. then TT also i met you, so i think should be ok also.

What i can know is BT dash with BT wiring should be very very nice one.

I know he is busy, so i got my haftcut on 22 February and confirm to let him do on 10th March. so he said 2nd week of April only free, so I just wait until 2nd week of April. About negotiating part, i didnt really negotiate with him, i just ask do convert with wiring how much? he told me the price, and of cos i insist to put in the ABS, he said small matter, shouldnt have a problem.

my comment on this mechanic so far is still Neutral, i didnt left any bad comment to him.

I only not happy with the wiring man, i dont know him at all, and i dont know where is he located. according to the mechanic, he charge RM200 because normally he dont do ABS, so what i can know is additionaly 2 pairs of ABS signal cable from rear to front ABS module cost me RM200. It is fine to me because it is only 1 time cost. But when i open my dashboard, the wiring is cross here and there. my Central locking relay module mounting area all broken, central locking module is plastic one, side way got place to put in the mouting all broken, end up all central lock module hanging there. I dont know who broke it, and it doenst matter anymore since i fix it my self already.

about my alarm thingy, every alarm got 1 tail (act as an receiver or antenna) I confirm that tail was cutted, and my alarm now go crazy, i not sure whether he ground my antenna or not. so what i confirm is the wiring man spoilt my alarm. my alarm is not cheap alarm, it is those US brand alarm. my advise for ppl who want to convert their car, please remove those alarm rather than being spoilt accidently

When i collected my car, since my alarm goes crazy, so i just remove it and use key for the time being, BUT...... when I only use key to lock/unlock on the driver door, it is not able control the door to lock but it can control the doors unlock. Again i spend time my self to wire it up my self and tidy up all cable my self, i know if i send back to him, he will need to send back to the so called wiring man. so better i do it my self.

Brother Ivan,
I wait him about 3weeks by booking his time. i didnt force him to accept my car. i just wait and hold until 2nd week of April only i sent in. the chopshop also keep pushing me to get my haftcut away from their place due to i have been keeping too long over there.

Brother chin,
How are you there? you still always hang out at our mechanic there?
I dont have any bad feedback on our mechanic. he is good mechanic. can chat and talk about upgrade. :-) he can be better if he can do his own wiring.

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
now u do it urself. more satisfied than send to work shop. safe money and no pening2 with foreman yang acting like know everything.

ShamBlur

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
Sorry for barging in guys.. Just need some info.. Planning to change my local ae111 year 97 to local dashboard ae111 year 2000 .. Pnp rite.. What about d wiring?need to change anything.. Any info is much appreciated..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys......lost my car,Waja few hours ago.......last saw my car at 4am today.......if anyone happen to see it,please contact me at 019-3333183

Make:Proton Waja
Reg No:WNF 3013
Colour:Grey,Brownish

:mad::mad::mad:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience