Urgent help!

kemm

Nov 18, 2004
Sri D'sara
www.sync-rnd.com
Sifu-sifu, I'm driving Eg8 (1992) with b16a (1995). My car last night cannot start, like go no fuel. I check the CEL and gives me code 1,3,7,9. I checked thru and 1: O2 Sensor, 3: MAP Sensor, 7: TPS, 9: CYP Cylinder.

I don't know which is which and where to start to solve this. can anybody give picture or clue?

My car was parked in a public car park and I need to get to it fast by today.

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
i now nuts about B16A but normally if your distributor is not working you cannot start your car. happened to a fren before.

anyway there are many things that may cause failure to start
1 - fuel delivery failure (fuel pump, no fuel, etc)
2 - electrical problem (distributor, spark plug)
3 - ECU kong
4 - etc, etc

If your TPS sensor kong you should be able to start your car but the engine will run super rich to avoid problems

If O2 sensor kong should be able to start your car but the engine will run in open-loop

If MAP sensor gone - me dono what the consequences really are

If the cylinder sensor gone - me dono what the consequences really are

- from a person who does not have a B16A

kemm

Nov 18, 2004
Sri D'sara
www.sync-rnd.com
Cool! I went to the car just now with a mechanic.. he said the distributor kong already no spark. so, thank you very much guys. really appreciate it! :_:

if you don't mind, can anyone guide me on where can I find more info to repair/troubleshoot CEL 1,3,7,9 I posted earlier. Tried to search but very hard to get. :angel_smile:

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
normally you can check urself if the distributor is at fault... with at least one friend to help le...

pull out the plug cables with the plugs attached at try to start... if no spark... then most probably distributor.

if you rode a bike before maybe you know this method...

kemm

Nov 18, 2004
Sri D'sara
www.sync-rnd.com
ya lah. my fren just use a screw driver, poke into the cable end that attached to the plug and put the exposed part of the screw driver near metal parts. Less work I see coz u don't have to get extra tools to take the plug out, eh?

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
don't really remember what my fren paid for his recond B16A distributor. maybe you can call LHS to know the price of a brand new distributor. if got money go for new one better kot...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Here in Kelantan is 450 for a recond unit at the local chop shops.. 380 considered okay already what... but if you're hardworking enough to go bargain hunting.. maybe can get cheaper.

As for the CEL codes.. I just googled it up because I'm too lazy to write one up. This one includes the procedures and the codes to CEL checking.
http://www.c-speedracing.com/faq.php

Man.. google is your best friend.. :P

kemm

Nov 18, 2004
Sri D'sara
www.sync-rnd.com
Cool.. thanks shiroitenshi Cool nick btw :shades_smile: . I got the part getting the codes. But what I really I want to know is how to troubleshoot these codes? Maybe I have some ideas on CEL 1, 3 and 7 (maybe need a digital multimeter and check current & if defective change the sensors lo, am I correct?) but what about the CEL 9, CYP Cylinder? what is it?

kemm

Nov 18, 2004
Sri D'sara
www.sync-rnd.com
heh.. I've been thinking about that since last night! maybe I'm gonna carry one spare for unexpected events like these, or could help a friend in need as well. this is the 2nd time happen within 4 year. I guess ditributor will broke every 2 years, eh?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys, recently have check engine light issue after long drive. driving midway on highway and check engine light came out. car was running fine and did not have any signs or feeling or jerks, constraints, etc. i remember having tps issue before as the connection was loose before. Now the connection is good and still cant figure out the check engine light issue. Air flow sensor seems fine, just havent cleaned it cause i dont know where to get the cleaner. Spark plugs havent checked...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience