Upgrading 4G93T Need advice

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I heard that using Satria GTi camshaft have more power for GSR Turbo? Please advice sifu!!

thanks!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
My mechanic says if full lock, when you turn one wheel, the other follow same direction. If semi LSD, you turn one wheel, it goes the opposite direction.

Dunno weather he's right or wrong. And about 2 way LSD....have no idea too..LOL

So far my plan:

Brakes...kawtim! (but still considering what pads to use)
Piston (will need to find 4AGE super charge ones)
conrod (just bought B18 ones)
Gearbox... still searching. (little confussed now!) lol

2way LSD = full lock LSD...

which is when u accelerate foward right and left tyre locked with same rotation no matter the tyre touching the ground or not (without LSD tyre that can turn faster would spin freely left the other side stationary)

and even if u letgo the throttle (deceleration) the lock still activated....

-i wouldn't recommend FWD car use this type of LSD...its weaken driveshaft linkage and making your car harder to turn (need to go with slide to make a tight turn)

#while semi LSD/semi locked/1.5way have only half-lock acting during deceleration compared to full lock type (this was okay for FWD).....

- i recommend FWD to use 1way LSD which only giving full-lock during acceleration..and act normal when decelerating....so u wouldn't have any problem to turn into junction/tight corner in normal manner...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
hurm... isn't vtec all high compression?? the conrod also high rite?? y dun just find evo or 4g93t?? i think it is not possible that it will turn opposite direction, if like that ur tyre burn already, i think i might stop and let other well pull it like car with no lsd... look more logic.. lol

i think it's a typo error ler, must be B8 conrod instead of b18..lol

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
ehdrian, it's the B18 ones from Honda. They said it's harder than standard. Much cheaper than duratech and brian crower. I bought them 500 for 4 pieces.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
u are boosting high buddy and yet u r still not mind to decrease ur compression rate for ur engine good?? :hmmmm: later when u boosting high ur valve and piston will also feeling high and become good fren then....

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
henrey, i seldom hear ppl use b18 rods ler, mostly is ca18 rods nia..

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
for higher boost i recommend shorter conrod for decreasing comp...

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
And dont forget the Racing Bearings (ACL, KINGS) for the effective durability of engine..:driver:

Last edited:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
length gua, something do with the compression rate

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Walau! REally ar? I thought everyone use B18's rods...tiu chor lor....

What's the different on ca18 and B18 ones?

B18C engine are vtecs, they're high compression, not suitable for high boost unless it's modded to have lower compressions..

CA18 DET engines are 1.8litre t/charged frm nissan...i've seen many ppl use CA18DET rods in their 4g93t if they want to boost higher..the rods are cheap...

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
B18C engine are vtecs, they're high compression, not suitable for high boost unless it's modded to have lower compressions..

CA18 DET engines are 1.8litre t/charged frm nissan...i've seen many ppl use CA18DET rods in their 4g93t if they want to boost higher..the rods are cheap...
Thanks buddy, I guess you're right. I've made a mistake. Now gotta resell and source for conrods...

Damn bearing is so expensive!

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Thanks buddy, I guess you're right. I've made a mistake. Now gotta resell and source for conrods...

Damn bearing is so expensive!

bro, maybe u can ask all the sifus around first..i'm just a noob..hehe

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
walau... Just broke my piston ring. Sad sad.. white smoke some more. Engine pressure so high that black oil squirt out from Oil cover.

Getting pistons 81.5 super charge and B8 conrods tomorrow from wira X laju.

Anyone selling Garret GT 2871 turbines cheap? Or Haltech?

Thanks

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
how ur piston ring broke?..boost too much?..wat turbine u using?..

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I'm using standard piston. Boost at 1.1bar TD05H Evo3 turbines. I just overhauled 4 weeks ago! damn!
Since he's gonna open up the engine. I'll get those supercharge pistons and B8 conrods with ACL Race bearings. Atleast they are NEW!
Sick of repairing car D!:banghead:

My second project will be the Garret GT 2871 ball bearing turbo with haltech ecu.
Then banana and waste gate. Chg to 3" exhaust. Currently 2.5". Fuel regulator, Pajero oil cooler, Alluminum radiator.

Hope can settle by end of the month... but turbo and haltech ahve to wait next month. Wife Birthday comming up soon need to get LV bag!!..tiu...:bawling:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
I'm using standard piston. Boost at 1.1bar TD05H Evo3 turbines. I just overhauled 4 weeks ago! damn!
Since he's gonna open up the engine. I'll get those supercharge pistons and B8 conrods with ACL Race bearings. Atleast they are NEW!
Sick of repairing car D!:banghead:

My second project will be the Garret GT 2871 ball bearing turbo with haltech ecu.
Then banana and waste gate. Chg to 3" exhaust. Currently 2.5". Fuel regulator, Pajero oil cooler, Alluminum radiator.

Hope can settle by end of the month... but turbo and haltech ahve to wait next month. Wife Birthday comming up soon need to get LV bag!!..tiu...:bawling:

bro, y dun u get a set of forged pistons+conrods since u wanna boost high..whc haltech standalone u want?..e6x,s500,p1000?..any of these models easily cost more than 3.5k incl tuning..4agze pistons+b8 rods+acl bearing+haltech standalone+tuning+banana+gt 2871+w/gate = more than 10k ade lo..
:banghead::banghead:

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
yalor...

Haltech is about 4.5k and Garret GT2871 about 3600. I don't know what series of haltech yet.. Any suggestions?

I'm using Supercharge and B8 conrods as they are better than ori ones. I rather spend on tubines than pistons for now.

How would you advice?

Ah... I need a evo 6 or 7 or 8 intercooler too.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
let the gsr sifus answer ur questions, i'm just a noob..dunno know much abt modding..hehe =)

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thanks ehdrian.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Thought of doing it. Pain one time lor. Then can use few years without sakit here and there lor.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu sifu, my car's windscreen is cracked, the rift is around 4inch. Is it possible to fix?

I stay in subang, or maybe damansara or sunway got good "pakar cermin" ?

Any sifu can intro?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience